Wired or wireless headset?

I have a Plantronics wired ear-piece-mic-half-a-headset-thingy and the official Microsoft wireless headset, and prefer the Plantronics ear-set-amabob as it features better audio quality and mic.

That said, I dislike the official Microsoft wired headset. I can't hear a damn thing with it---even with the volume cranked up to 11.

[quote name='Chase']I have a Plantronics wired ear-piece-mic-half-a-headset-thingy and the official Microsoft wireless headset, and prefer the Plantronics ear-set-amabob as it features better audio quality and mic.

That said, I dislike the official Microsoft wired headset. I can't hear a damn thing with it---even with the volume cranked up to 11.[/quote]

That and the damn thing is always being charged IMHO. I wish i knew where one of my wired headsets is. :(

Can anyone recommend or link to a decent headset that can put out higher volume then the microsoft one? I can't stand them, I can barely hear when people talk.

[quote name='Bretters']Neither, people on live are aholes.;)[/quote]

This. I have a wireless but only use it when talking to friends or Cags. Randoms can g2h

Oh, and I also don't like the Microsoft wired headset because it doesn't fit my fat head. Let that be a warning for other unfortunate fat-headed people. :oops:

[quote name='Chase']Oh, and I also don't like the Microsoft wired headset because it doesn't fit my fat head. Let that be a warning for other unfortunate fat-headed people. :oops:[/quote]

You know how many headsets I have broken because of there shitty build quality over the last 15 months? 8!!!!!!!

:bomb:

It seems like somtimes my wireless fits me funny. Like if I don't wear it for a few days and put it on it will make my ear really sore. And I have to wear it at an odd angle too

I have no clue even how to put the headset on, with that weird piece of the side. If only it carried two speakers instead of just one.

I just use the Microsoft one, it works for me, but I agree with the sound and audio quality.

I was sick of going through the wired headsets often like the dude above complained about as well. Since about 2006, I went through around 6 or 7 of them, from official MS ones to 3rd party totally crap ones.

Went wireless about 2 to 3 months ago and have not had a single issue with it other than the initial feel of it on my ear.

[quote name='slickkill77']It seems like somtimes my wireless fits me funny. Like if I don't wear it for a few days and put it on it will make my ear really sore. And I have to wear it at an odd angle too[/quote]
I know the feeling lately mines been bothering my ear = (

I have both the MS wireless and wired. I actually prefer the wired version simply because I find it easier to mute it. I have had a cough lately and I really do not want to annoy people so I only unmute it when I want to speak. I find muting the wireless one to be awkward in the middle of a firefight.

[quote name='ZForce915']When you guys speak of the wireless mic, are you just talking the official microsoft one?[/quote]

that is the only one

I use my Ear Force X1 wired headset because it was the most cost-effective / high quality headset I could afford at the time.

It's nice because I can use it with my PS3 (minus chat, but who chats on PS3 anyway) or cable box for movies. Pretty much anything I can hook into my TV I can use my headset with.

[quote name='Malik112099']that is the only one[/quote]
There are a few others. Turtle Beach or something like that makes at least one that I know of.

I just use the wired one that came with my 360. Never had any problems with it. I can hear people fine and people can here me. It's reasonably comfortable.

So I've never had any desire to spend money on anything else.

[quote name='YodaEXE']There are a few others. Turtle Beach or something like that makes at least one that I know of.[/quote]

Turtle Beach is IR. The official Microsoft wireless headset is the only wireless RF headset for the 360 on the market. IR is balls.

I'd just save money and used the cheap Microsoft wired ones. Works fine for me. I don't get the complaints about low sound, you guys must be deaf. I put the volumte 3/4 up and I hear everyone fine.

my mic has randomly been giving off loud static at low or high volume. normally happens for 5-10seconds then wont happen for an hour. i was thinking about going wireless but i heard sometimes the volume isn't high enough for some and the audio quality is actually slightly worse then the wired MS mic.

how is the mic quality on the plantronics? I know it uses the same 1/8dinch jack but is the wire extremely thin like the MS headset? I dont really NEED wireless just looking for an upgrade to the 2year old mic i got from my xbox. It has been abused so its definitely time to get something new.

I'm sure the wireless are a bit nicer, but because of the jackasses on live, I wouldn't waste money on a nicer device that deals with that.

I say wireless, the 360 is meant to be wireless pretty much. Wireless controllers, wireless headsets, however.... NO WI-FI!!!

Wires become tangled and become a pain, while wireless needs batteries, or need to be charged to be used.

I'll stick with wired: i kinda hate recharging all the time especially for headsets. I can imagine it running out of batteries while playing a clan match or something and that would suck. Also you need to talk loud on the wireless for some reason. And the volume/mute button is easier to access.

I never go on live anyone because I can't get the out of the box Microsoft ones to work. I have four and I can barely hear anything, I get a ton of echo and people can barely hear me even with everything turned up to max on the headset and on the xbox. I just don't get it, never had luck with them. I might try a wireless, but like many here, I find it hard to justify money to talk to the type of people I usually speak with on live.

honestly i like the wired headset for many reasons. one being it dosent get in the way when you have to run upstairs and you put the controller down and forget to take off the mic. The wired seem to break easier i have had 4 in the past 6 months. i then bought a wireless and have it for 7 month or so with no problems. the only thing that is wrong with the wireless in my opinion is the fact that you need to talk a bit louder for it to pick up the sounds.

It is weird that so many people say that they have broken countless numbers of wired headsets, but i still have my original one from when i got my 360 like two years ago.

I did buy a wireless one it was ok for a while but then it started making my ear hurt and had to charge it up all the time :cry:

Im going to say wired :)

I prefer wired myself. I'm already playing with a wireless controller that I have to worry about charging, why do the same with a headset when I can just plug one in?

I just picked up a headset and a chatpad thingy from CC for $24 the other day, only $4 more than the official M$ wired headset by itself.

Wireless here. I love it. It's hard to go back to the wired head wrap design after using just an ear piece. However the battery life sucks something terrible. If I don't charge it after a couple sessions then it bottoms out on the third.

I don't really like either because I have a hard time hearing. I wish all games had the option of using the tv/stereo in the place of the headset speaker.

wired is wireless. Its only wired to the control that is wired (unless you still use wired controls).

Plus I don't even want to think about replacing the battery in a wireless.

I prefer the Wired. I hate charging my wireless mic. But hey, you can skip both of them and buy a set of Turtle Beaches.

[quote name='Malik112099']i have 2 wireless. If one dies during play the other is fully charged and waiting.[/quote]

ballin! haha jp, good conversation guys. debating on wired or wireless since I got an arcade recently.

I'm on my second wireless one. First was an original white one with AC power cord. Those sucked ass. Now I have a Halo 3 edition with usb charger. While better, it still cuts out way more than it should. I use a wired one more often.

bread's done
Back