Wired Or Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers

keeper23

CAG Veteran
Ok im new to CAG and i just got a gaming laptop and bout cod4 lost planet orange box and bioshock off ebay and was looking for a 360 controller to use on the laptop i just have an xbox controller and dont know where to find the driver to use it on here but im on a budget of 20 dollars if any one could help me out pleaze.

Tip: controllers aren't too hot for PC FPS games. Get a decent mouse instead. I'm not even sure all those games support joypads natively.

There's no way you're going to find a 360 controller for $20 unless you hit up eBay; I don't know of any 3rd party controllers out there that have PC functionality. Wired XBox 360 controller drivers can be easily downloaded off of Microsoft Support; just run a search. Wireless controllers require the $20 USB wireless adapter and work on both the wireless controller and the wireless headset.

Oh, and Keeper, you might want to consider punctuation; it helps immensely.

The wired MadCatz controller I have works on the PC using the standard 360 controller drivers, but it said that it worked on PC on the box.

I bought(hasn't arrived yet) a black wireless 360 controller for $20 so I'm pretty sure you can find one. I'm pretty sure you can get the plug and play usb thing for a wireless and it will work on your pc, but why gimp yourself like that dude? I mean I love the 360 controller but a mouse is still far superior for aiming

EDIT: Reading over your post again. One question you bought all Triple A+ titles that are on the 360 but you bought a gaming laptop which decent ones run at least $1,000 like $1,300 for a pretty good one. Why not just buy a 360 and a decent store bought laptop?

No I didnt spend that much on one went to this shop in our little town and and they were closing down and had this one i dont know what it is but they say its a gameing laptop and got it for under 700. So I was like heck yeah cuz i needed one for college this up and coming semester, so yeah what kinda mouse or controller do you all suggest if I'm on a budget and were did you find a controller for $20.

Good to hear you didn't spend to much on it. I got it off ebay it was more luck than anything but they are pretty damn cheap on there none the less. As far as mice go, I don't know much about them I have some standard 3 button Logitech one that I think was $22 at my local Wal-Mart, it's not the best of the best but certainly does it job.

If you're looking for a wired controller for $20 you can go to Stootsi. They have one here for $19.99 (not sure how much shipping is). It's open box, but everything I've gotten from them has been new but without the packaging so I would expect pretty much the same for the controller.

bread's done
Back