Wired Routers

strdr4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I have just about had enough of my 4-port Linksys router. I've had it for over 4 years and it's really showing its age by disconnecting me from the internet and it's really annoying just setting up the connections again with 2 other computers and my 360. I believe it's even slowing down my connection speeds because my upload is just terrible after a speed test with the router on. I need a new one and a good one that will last. Problem is I'm currently using wires and I have no idea which would be a good replacement.

People have been suggesting the Linksys WRT54G router and that's definitely a buy price for me, but it's wireless. I've been looking online and some of the advertised wired router is the one I have: Linksys BEFSR41, which is just not working for me. I'm thinking about going into FRYs and picking up a good brand name router. Anyone know which one is worth looking into?

I need one that is reliable, doesn't drop connections. It needs 4 at least 4 ports and needs to be wired.

Your pretty much only going to find Wireless Routers now. You can disable the wireless in the GUI of the router.

Wired routers at CC consist of High end VPN routers(80 bucks) and low end Generic routers for 40. Nothing in between

I say the Buffalo WHR-G125 with DD-wrt - disable wireless if you want, its been stable after my Netgear WGT624 started dying.

And if you want, I do have a spare Netgear RP114 (old stuff) that has been reliable and hasn't been used in years, but should work fine if worst comes to worst...:p

bread's done
Back