Wired X-Plorer Guitar (only) for 360 $8 shipped at TRU.com

walletandgromice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
ToysRUs.com has the Guitar Hero Wired X-plorer for $8, shipped free.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3055797

For those lazily looking for a spare guitar (no driving, or your local gamestop is sold out of the $10 aerosmith/guitar combo) this is a nice deal.

First thread, forgive me if a repost. I couldn't find it.

UPDATE:
My local TRU B&M wouldn't price match their own on-line price... If you have any luck, please post it. They have three huge stacks of them too at $19.99. Seems the deal is online only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was mentioned in GS threads, but first I've seen about this only. I'm sure it'll be of use to people who aren't reading those threads. Thanks for posting.

my dog actually just ate the cord of mine yesterday...great find as i was gonna go buy that stupid aerosmith game at gamestop to get it

Awesome find. Very tempting as I hate Aerosmith. This is cheaper in the sense that I would never play GH Aerosmith.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']wow, how are they even making money?! after shipping and all.. not that i care, heck im a CAG'er :)[/quote]

ya i don't really care as long as i get my cheap games :D

This is a great deal. I already have 2 guitars so no need to buy another but a great find for those that need them. Thanks OP.

Wow! Thanks a million, OP! I ordered two, one for my sister back home. He has one, but the tilt sensor was broken, and my Rock Band guitar's whammy bar was broken.

Thanks again.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']wow, how are they even making money?! after shipping and all.. not that i care, heck im a CAG'er :)[/quote]
I think it was mistakenly added to the "free shipping for Activision software" promotion TRU online is doing.

Finally, something on which I can use the remaining 4 dollars on my gift card that I got with the purchase of Super Mario Galaxy on release day. This thing is looking ratty... I guess I've been carrying it for a year and a half now. Good find, OP.

Holy crap...literally a week ago my Les Paul bought this winter just got its strum bar fucked up, yet my Xplorer bought on Black Friday that I used more is just peachy. I bought another Xplorer now - I don't mind the wires. Thanks OP!!

Thanks OP. The free shipping is nice as well, especially up to Alaska because they wanted almost $23 for ground, but paying nothing due to their mistake.

I will be stopping by the TRU on the way home today to see if they will have the $8 price too!

If so, I may be picking up a couple!
(If not, I could just order online)

I needed another X-Plorer anyways to make into a wireless one!

With free shipping?! Sheesh!

Can't say no to this one.

Now if I could find a cheap copy of Guitar Hero II for the Xbox...

Now Toys R Us has turned this into "Do I want a guitar for 8 dollars or do I want to pay 2.00 more for a forced 'upgrade' to Guitar Hero Aerosmith/w guitar"

WALK THIS WAY

Will TRU B&M pricematch them selves online? I bought a wired Xplorer there last week with a GC.

Good deal if you don't want to trade in your GH Aerosmith if you got it at Gamestop. Normally this would be a fantastic deal.

I'm inclined to pick one of these up just because it's such an amazing deal, even though I already have 2 X-Plorers, a Les Paul and a GHWT guitar. I am trying to get rid of the wireless ones though, hmmm :whistle2:k

It's funny, I bought my second Xplorer roughly a year and a half ago at $45 and it was a deal then :lol:

[quote name='blowmefer']I will be stopping by the TRU on the way home today to see if they will have the $8 price too!

If so, I may be picking up a couple!
(If not, I could just order online)

I needed another X-Plorer anyways to make into a wireless one![/quote]

huh? you can make it wireless?

Man, how cheap can these guitars go? These are my favorite wired guitars. They are solid, durable, and responsive.

I risk sounding like an idiot (cause I'm pretty sure the answer is no), but since these are wired, does anyone know if they'd work with the ps3?

No, they are Xbox360 only, but I've heard they can work on PC.

It's wired because at the time (2007?) RedOctane could not get Microsoft's wireless technology, and normally Microsoft doesn't give that technology to their 3rd parties. Now, RedOctane has that with their newer guitars.

[quote name='sn1per420']I risk sounding like an idiot (cause I'm pretty sure the answer is no), but since these are wired, does anyone know if they'd work with the ps3?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is a dumb question, although, I don't have a 100% answer.
But I have read places that the USB Wired xBox XPlorer Guitar (the one for sale in this thread), DOES work on GH:Aerosmith, and GH:World Tour for the PS2 (probably Metallica as well).

So it might work on the PS3, but I think it would be hard to say for sure.

bread's done
Back