Wireless Adapter Question?

drktrpr1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Mods feel free to delete the thread if this goes somewhere else...

Anyways, I'm looking into upgrading to the 360 Wireless adapter, and I was just wondering if you need a computer to set it up? I'll be using my neighbor's wireless network (which they know I'll be using), so I need to know if I can just attach it to the Xbox and select a network to connect to from there?

Just for consumer sake, If anyone reads this, don't get the Pelican 360 adapter. It requires configuration by computer and the software is not Vista compatible.

I've heard nasty stories about the non-Microsoft ones, so unfortunately it looks like I'm gonna hafta shell out the hundred bucks for the first-party adapter.

since this is CHEAPassgamer I'll go ahead and recommend the original xbox wireless adapter. it's not as aesthetically pleasing as the 360 version, but it works perfectly and you set it up through the 360. They had a bunch of them at Fry's for $40 and I snagged one then.

edit: it's this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QBX9

$50 with free shipping from Amazon. not bad.

If this happens to be a situation where you are sharing your Neighbors network connection with your pc you can just connect a it to your PC via a network cable (no cross cable needed) and use the pc's wireless connection. If you just want to move it to an area without a pc or don't want to use a cable...yea go with the microsoft one.

bread's done
Back