Wireless adaptors- do they go bad?

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
All day today my 360 would connect to Live no problem, play a game and boom- i lost my connection. Id go back to my pc and i still have internet, and my iphone still connects to my router via wifi just fine. Ive had the wireless adaptor for about a year now and today it acts up. Just wondering if these things only last so long before fizzling out or if its another problem.

Yes wireless adaptors can go bad.

But routers can also go bad as well. Sometimes they will only support xx number of connections, and as time goes on that number will drop. Maybe it works fine with the 2 existing PCs, but adding a third introduces problems.

It's most likely the wireless adaptor, but if you know someone with a wireless setup you may want to try connecting your Xbox to his and seeing if you have the same problems or not.

I had one that did the same thing a few months ago. It would work for a bit and then randomly power down and force me to unplug the USB and plug it back in to work. Once I got a new adaptor, the problem was solved.

Great. More faulty Microsoft hardware.

I think I'm done with them after the 360. First the system, then the controllers, now the wifi...

There's a light on the wifi adapter. See what it's doing and look up the results. If it's green it should be fine. It it's not, then you have a problem.

Mine started doing that, and I had to unplug it and plug it back in and then it would work for a while. It got so annoying I just went back to a regular ethernet cable. When it happened to me I researched online and found a bunch of people have problems with the wifi adapter, so yes, they do have problems.

I bought a used wireless adapter from Amazon back in March of last year and it stopped working about 3 months ago. It just randomly stopped working one day.

Mine worked fine from the day I bought it until I sold it and got a new 360 Slim. Contrary to popular belief hardware failure is not exclusive to Microsoft, but to each their own.

Also, you can have a USB port go bad. My original 360 and 2nd 360 had the Player 1 MU port go out and my 2nd and 3rd 360's first USB port do not work. Also, the USB ports on my HD-DVD player have always been spotty and made me think the wireless adapter was garbage because it would always disconnect until one day I saw the light on my wireless adapter would go out. When I removed the HD-DVD player the problem went away. The other thing would be sure you are using the rear USB port on your 360 for your wireless adapter.

I hooked it up via ethernet and played RE5 with no problems. I figured id try the wireless adaptor again, and sure enough it disconnected me after playing for a bit. Looks like when it warms up im going under the house to run an ethernet cord to my 360. I'll be damned if im spending $100 for an adaptor when i only paid $40 for this one.

The old model adapters (white, one antenna) are $50 at Gamestop right now used, $45 with your edge card.

I had a bad wireless adapter back when the 360 1st came out. I talked to customer support and they actually sent me a brand new one and even shipped it out 1st. However nowadays it seems like Xbox customer support is alot worse than it was when the 360 1st came out. My friend had a problem getting online with a wireless adapter and the customer support was down right rude and seemed like they wanted to just get him off the phone.

bread's done
Back