Wireless Gaming Over internet

Kyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a desktop computer hooked up wirelessly to my wireless router. Whenever I play either WoW or CS, the games become laggy (On my main comp, my lag in cs is usually 20-75, but rises to 150 and more on the my other comp).

Does playing games using a secured wireless connection create a huge lag in games or does my wireless card need to be replaced?

Um.. I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think either one of those should matter. The wireless network you're connecting to may just be slow. You'd only need a new card if it wasn't already a b/g and using secured wireless *shouldn't* create much more lag than usual.

Double click the wireless icon in your system tray and check out the speed and signal strength. They should both be consistently high. How is your lag when you play using a wired connection?

the lag is above average - get extemely low pings on wired. Yet on my wireless comp, its laggy, as if I'm on 56k.

It maybe the card - sometimes its unreliable and disconnects me for no reason at all.

bread's done
Back