Wireless Guitar Hero Controller ($44.99 shipped)

spookyhurst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
[quote name='Rictor']These won't work with Guitar Hero 2 though, from what I've been hearing.[/quote]

Has this been confirmed? I just picked one up and afraid to open the box if it isn't going to work with gh2...

Well, the controller works on GH1, but not GH2. I'm sure they'll make one compatible with both, but until then, I'd hold off.

Ken

Confirmed from the demo.
In GH1, you needed only to hold down one of two buttons. They made it so you need to hold both in GH2.

I wouldn't buy Gh2. I have no plans to. Red Octane are complete tards.

I remember reading it some time ago, but now I can't find the page I read it on.

I did find this: http://digg.com/gaming_news/Guitar_Hero_2_locks_out_third_party_controllers
And this: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10960

I don't think the legal issues have been resolved yet. If that's the case, Red Octane/Activision would be taking some risk locking those controllers out on the shipping disc.

Either way, I'd hold off on buying any new controllers, not open one if you did, or prepare to return them to the store in a month.

My question is if these controllers work with guitarfreaks. I didn't get a damn solid answer from the Ant commandos retards. Red Octane and Ant commandos are all retards. And Konami for not jumping on the damn guitar game genre first for that matter. I bet they cry every night after seeing the profits from Guitar Hero, esp when they've been sitting on thier dumbasses with guitar freaks for so long.

My roommate just bought this same one. It definitely does not work with GH2. It does work with GH1, but not particularly well. In fast parts and solos the lag is very noticeable. Also, the buttons feel kind of sloppy compared to the official controller. I do however like the design, it looks awesome with a "candy" red paint to it. Also the strum bar is nice since it doesn't make a clicking noise. I think the tilt sensor works a little better on this guitar as well. Even with those good points, it's not worth owning since it seriously handicaps you.

Hoepfully the official wireless guitar from Red Octane will work better.

As for Guitar Freaks, yah Konmai really missed the boat on that one. They bascially released a game identical to Guitar Hero way back in 1998, 8 friggin years ago, and they weren't smart enough to bring it to the States. Instead we get Beatmania...oh joy. Maybe they'll get off their asses and release Guitar Revolution sometime this year.

Ooohhhhhhh...No wonder why mine woulden't work in the demo. Shit man, I bought this thing not too long ago from cc too! Damn it! Back to the original come Nov. What a waste of doe!

[quote name='kevzik']... I bought this thing not too long ago from cc too! Damn it! Back to the original come Nov. What a waste of doe![/quote]

you paid for it in deer? :lol:

I just bought one. Works great!!
I've heard some cordless phones , baby cams using 2.4 ghz might interfere. I keep those items away from my PS2.

i've also heard that it will not be compatible with Guitar Hero II. I wonder why.

bread's done
Back