Wireless headphones for multiple consoles

dkleinfeld

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Hi CAG'ers,

Wondering if anyone with wireless-headphone experience can advise.

I recently moved to a small apartment, and am trying to set up my consoles---a Wii and an Xbox (and hopefully soon a PS3). Previously, I had my consoles feeding picture to a computer monitor, and audio to an amp. But as space is now tight, I want to get rid of my big ol' amp, and replace it with a little wireless headset unit, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Wireles...PKRS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1312035158&sr=8-4
or
http://www.amazon.com/Programmable-..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312035600&sr=1-5

It looks like this unit just has ordinary RCA and optical inputs in the back. Which would mean---I'm assuming---that I could just plug all my consoles into an RCA switchbox, feed the switchbox output to the headset, and be happy.

Meanwhile, I don't have a television---I'm feeding my consoles into a computer monitor, which gives me very good picture. And I'm a little nervous because it seems like some of these wireless units require a TV for output.

Can anyone tell me whether my idea would work? Or recommend a good wireless headset to do what I'm looking for?

Much thanks!
D

Not sure if the x41 works with ps3. But regardless, a lot of people say that they get lots of static with the x41. I ended up buying the DX11, which is x11 with DSS. Great quality but the wires suck. So, considering I already have the dss, I bought a wireless Logitech F540. Its a stereo headset that's wireless and it was on sale for 99.99 on best buy. Pretty hard to find too (no bb in my area has it)

But I connected the F540 with the DSS, and the qualirty is amazing dude, allowing it to simulate 7.1. The only problem with the headset is that the frequency disrupts my router, so I sometimes get disconnected from xbox live because of the headset. But I change the frequency of the router to overcome that.

In any case, I sort of recommend that you get the DSS and an F540 considering that you can afford a PX5. But if not, I suggest you wait for the x41 to hit 99.99 :p but you'll be gambling with yourself if you get the x41. Some people are lucky and don't get statics (not hisses, those are different), while others do. I haven't heard any problems with the px21 though..

Keep in mind, the DSS is what makes the x41 expensive. You can get an x41 quality sound by getting any stereo headset and connecting it with the DSS.

Edit: and in regards to your other problem with the computer, monitor and other stuff.. Well I don't know much about those sorry :p

bread's done
Back