Wireless Headphones

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I've grown tired of keeping my late night TV watching to a low volume so as not to wake up my parents, so I'm looking into purchasing some wireless headphones that I can hook up to my TV (PC would also be nice). I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on some super high quality headphones, but I'm willing to look at offers on decent to good quality headphones, maybe even 5.1 ones if the price is right. Just please reply with the best deals you can find, thanks.

well if you want a cheap but pretty good sounding pair, you can get a pair of RCA's at BB (maybe other stores) for around $50-60 (sometimes $40 on sale). thats bout the cheapest Ive seen and they do last awhile. a guy at listens uses em all day long and has a great range (he's even went to the crapper with them on).

by the way, your tv will need audio outputs at least (in which you'll also have to buy an RCA-1/8" mini plug converter for a few bucks more)

I had a pair of wireless RCA headphones for my old TV. It did the trick, though I would occasionally get some annoying static or noise.

Any other deals. I wouldn't mind springing for some higher quality 5.1 sets if they're around $100.

Same. I'm looking for a pair that'll work with PCs and TVs.

I'd like some links to some good but not too pricey headsets.

I personally looked recently and couldn't find a good pair that did the job right.

For personal computer headphones I got a pair of Icemat Siberia's I got off ebay for like $52 great sound, and an extra long cord for the headphones. Only gripe with them is there is no clip for the volume control. These headphones are lightweight and are comforatble for hours of use.

But if anyone does find good wireless headphones, I'd be interested as well.

Wireless headphones for the PC is a necessity for me, as the wheel on my chair has a tendency to run over the cord connecting the headset to my PC.

So I'd really like a pair of wireless headphones that can work for the PC and TV.

Hmm, is that a good brand? Will it connect to the PC and TV as well?

I'm actually considering spending a little more (around $80) to get a reputable brand, which includes surround sound, compatibility for both PC and TV, and possibly rechargeable lithium batteries as well. Anything like that, or is this the best I'll be able to get with my spending range?

What size are normal (PC) headphone jacks''? It seems like the Sennheiser headphones come with adapters for 1/4'', 3.5mm, and RCA, so I'm thinking it should cover both PC and TV.

I'll wait for comments on that link, though something tells me they won't deliver the kind of quality I'm seeking.

I read up on the RS 120, and it all checked out but for one thing; the headphones themselves aren't the ear surrounding type (as in, they fit over your ears). I'm not sure how big a deal it is, but I would like the latter if possible.

Amazon is selling the RS 140 brand for $87 (plus shipping) refurbished.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1921408?ie=UTF8&qid=1185678324&sr=8-1&seller=

Do you think this brand is worth the extra money, or should the $60 set do the trick?

for your tv, it will need audio outputs and you'll have to buy an RCA - /" mini plug adapter and possibly a coupling. for some reason I could only find male plugs, in which the coupling was needed. so really ANY WIRELESS headphones will work since the 'phones has their own power supply/volume control.

Do these headsets come with a mini plug adapter? And again, is the RS 140 worth the extra cash, or is the RS 120 good enough?

[quote name='cyborg2040']I don't know how good they are, but they are the cheapest I see on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/WIRELESS-HEADPHONES-RANGE-worth-39-99/dp/B000STFI4G/ref=sr_1_24/102-4812833-1410551?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1185689628&sr=1-24
Cheap Ass Headphones

Also you might want to check your local Radioshack. Mine sells a set of Radioshack brand wireless headphones for $19.99 , and I can contest that they get the job done with me TV, PC, and MP3 player.[/quote]

I just got the pair he listed at the top for only 10 dollars at my Walgreens. They are horrible, couldnt get them to work with anything except the radio feature and my mp3 player if I sat the right way.

In a case of "try before you buy", I bought these wireless Sony headphones from Best Buy for $99.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRRF970...0?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186303184&sr=8-1

I plan to return them within 14 days, and purchase them cheaper online, but first I need to decide if this is the brand I'll be sticking with. For the most part the headphones do their job, as it hooks up to the TV easily, are comfortable, and have a rechargeable dock.

The only gripe I have is the static noise. While it's minimal, pressing the tuning button offers no improvement. Are the headphones listed previously a better bargain than this Sony pair, or will all wireless headphones feature some static noise no matter what?

the RCA pair I have (typ. $60) works great, sounds good, but every now and again it'll "pop". but other than that, they work great for the price. I wear them at work and the guy that sits in front of me has a pair, so we'll switch channels (kinda like having a radio since the building we work in blocks all signals)

What kind of brand is it? And again, I want to know whether the Sony pair I have now (and will eventually return since it's cheaper to buy online) is better or worse than the Sennheiser 120/140 brands that were listed in page 1. I'm a bit disappointed with the Sony's static noise, even though the stand is directly facing the headphones not 2 feet away. Is this the best it can get for headphones, or are there better alternatives?

Okay, this will be my last week to evaluate the Sony headphones I purchased. I plan to return them either way, but I still need more info on whether the Sennheiser brands provide better static-free listening.

If not, then I'm prepared to see prices on cheap but effective wired headphones. Please help me out the best you can, thanks.

this is something I've been thinking about purchasing as well, tell me how your experience with the Sony ones work out since I've got a friend who works at BB and might could get me the old Employee Discount

bread's done
Back