Wireless Headphones?

el swordo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I"m looking for a pair of wireless headphones to be used primarily for listening to podcasts/music while playing mindless games such as sports games. I just have a few questions. Do I need to be near the charging base for them to broadcast? Or is the transmitter in the thing that plugs into headphone jack? I don't nescessarily need to bring them out on the town as I could use a wire but it would be nice not to walk around with the charging base.

theres a couple of choices out their. The turtle beach px5 and xp500's are wireless and let you stream music or podcasts via blutooth. I'd only use blutooth for streaming podcast as you lose some quality streaming music over blutooth. They are powered by double or triple a batteries inside the headset you can always buy rechargeable batteries tho.
Theres also the astro a30 and a40s the a30s are more versatile(look like headphones that you would wear while walking down the street and are better for music as they have better bass) while the a40s are better for gaming and have higher mids but you would probably get weird looks if you took them outside. You'll need to get a mixamp as well to use them on the consoles. Luckily they offer the best wireless mix amp on the market currently. It transmits through 5.8ghz meaning your less likely to pick up interference with other wireless devices. All the turtle beach wireless headphones are 2.4 ghz which do tend to interfere with wifi routers/modems causing sound drops sometimes.

you should also know that wireless headsets all have at least a minor drop in sound quality versus the wired headsets which is why i like that you can make the astros into wireless or wired headphones by switching out mixamps.

one other note is that if you get the xp500's you get a blutooth connector for the 360 so they are the only completely wireless headset where as you have 2 cords to deal with the in the astros one from the headset to the mixamp and then one going into the 360 controller.

the a30s are around 230 on ebay with wireless mixamp and the turtle beach are around 212 for the px5 and 250 for the xp500s on amazon
hope this helps

bread's done
Back