Wireless Home Phones??

abcme

CAGiversary!
ya, I heard those things exist. not cell phones, but like for home use except you don't need to connect to a phone line.

does anybody know where to get them and what kind to get?

Are you talking about the phones where you connect a base to the phone line and then you can have multiple headsets throughout the house not plugged into a phone line?

[quote name='abcme']ya, I heard those things exist. not cell phones, but like for home use except you don't need to connect to a phone line.

does anybody know where to get them and what kind to get?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that something MUST connect to your phone line in order to use it. Unless, of course, you are talking about VOIP on cable or a cell phone. However, there are regular phones that are bluetooth enabled that can piggyback your wireless network if you already have a cell phone that is blue tooth enabled. Is that what you are talking about?

Or go the old two cans and a string routine, that is what I do. The quality is poor but I get free weekends.

o yay, graystone got it.

ya, one of those things.

wait wait...

the charging thing doesn't need the phone line connected to it right?

[quote name='valor19']I'm pretty sure that something MUST connect to your phone line in order to use it.[/quote]

ya, I think something does, but not the charging base or the phone. Some thing you install near the phone box??? or wtv the phone lines end up going. and then you can have a wireless base and phone.

[quote name='abcme']o yay, graystone got it.

ya, one of those things.

wait wait...

the charging thing doesn't need the phone line connected to it right?[/QUOTE]

If you want your regular phone line to be wireless it does. How would you expect it to work otherwise?

[quote name='hollowfreak']If you want your regular phone line to be wireless it does. How would you expect it to work otherwise?[/QUOTE]

I think there's this router ish thing that you set up near the phone box?? where ever the phone lines end up. and then the charger and the phone would be wireless.

There is one "base station" phone. You plug that into the electric outlet and a phone line. Then the rest of the phones only plug into an outlet. It works kinda like a wireless router. You've got a base station and then the other cards getting the signal.

bread's done
Back