wireless networking w/o 360 networking adapter

cheapbrass

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the 360 to xbox live thru wireless networking w/o the official 360 wirless networking module. $99 seems very steep for it.

Can i use my existing router and connect the 360 to a any regular wireless networking receiver for the PC? do i need a "gateway"?

or am i stuck paying $99 to buy the MS 360 official one?

If you have a laptop with wireless capabilities, you can use that too. It was a bit of a pain to bridge my ethernet and wireless connections on the laptop, but it works fine now. Only pain is having to keep the laptop on while I'm on Live, but it works until I find a good deal on the official Microsoft adapter.

I've got a motorola wireless bridge that I used for my Xbox and now use for the Xbox and 360 with no issues.

Any wireless device that connects connects wi-fi and ethernet will work.

I use a wireless connection on my Xbox 360 using a D-Link ethernet adapter, and it is fantastic.

[quote name='linkpwns']Not if you have to install drivers...[/quote]
Wireless gaming adapters are dumbed-down wireless bridges, which don't need any drivers. They get configured from a PC, and connected to a console. No muss, no fuss.

[quote name='lurknomore']anything will work. no worries. save your money.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? Anything will most certainly not work. You can't just plug in any random wireless USB adapter. You need either the official adapter, or a wireless bridge (sometimes called a gaming adapter).

Put the wireless router by the 360. Wire the 360 to the router directly. Thats a free solution.

The logitech play link also works.I just got a 360 and got those. can find them on ebay for like 25-30$ shipped. Might be able to find used ones on there for cheaper.They also work for other consoles or basically anything you want a wireless connection with.They have a 100ft range.

bread's done
Back