Wireless Playstation 2 Controller $4.99 shipped at Outpost

Thanks. Ordered a couple. For that price, I can afford to keep my expectations low and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Well HipGear had really high quality wired controllers, I know from experience (and them being my only ps2 controllers that work :D).

When in doubt, I check Ebay...most of the auctions for these have 0 bids...saw one that sold for 11 cents (with $6 shipping) and one that sold with a buy-it-now of $35 (obviously a stupid bidder as there are a ton that can be found on Ebay for under $10), but most of the auctions are getting any takers. Usually a good sign that a controller sucks.

Compared to the Logitech wireless controllers which consistently sell on Ebay in the $20-30 range and which I personally know to be decent controllers as they're what I use.

Seems silly to cheap out on controllers since they are so important. Get what you know works.

Hell for 5 bucks, I'll try it out. I am getting sick of all my wired controllers. I'll post a review after I get it. Thanks OP.

It's a crap controller. Paying anything for this is too much. I wouldn't even take a free one. They get interference from breathing. Don't waste your money.

I have a different model Hip Gear wireless controller for PS2 and it was pretty good. Not the best battery life, but otherwise no problems. Better than all the other wireless controllers except Logitech.

4094322.big.jpg

Just FYI

Crappy controller will kill your controller port (not really).
It will take too much power from the port and blow some fuse on the motherboard, and you will lose the vibration function.

It happened to me. So at least for me, no third party controllers, ever!

[quote name='minmao']Just FYI

It will take too much power from the port and blow some fuse on the motherboard, and you will lose the vibration function.

It happened to me. So at least for me, no third party controllers, ever![/QUOTE]

Since this is a wireless controller it runs on batteries, only the transmitter is power by the controller port so it probably won't blow a fuse if you use it.

[quote name='binbinzhou']There is no free shipping ? the shipping cost for me is $6.51.[/QUOTE]

I think there was free shipping yesterday night (unless I was hallucinating). But that seems to be gone now.

[quote name='binbinzhou']There is no free shipping ? the shipping cost for me is $6.51.[/QUOTE]
There was, I guess it's gone now. I still have the page open from last night and it has a "Ships Free" icon. I opened it again from the OP's link and now it doesn't have the icon.

So I got my controller with freeshipping today. Didn't come with batteries which annoyed me.

Pros:

Rubber Grips
only 2 AA (how long they'll last I don't know)
Cost me $5 including shipping.
Um, did I mention it has rubber grips yet? cause it does.

Cons:

Controller feels too big, almost the original Xbox big when using analogs.
Face buttons feel cheap.
The D-Pad looks good but takes too much "force" to press down. For instance the entire center part of the Dpad can be pressed into the controller giving it a really wobbly feel.
Analog sticks don't offer enough resistance. Even my worn down original PS2 pads offer more resistance than this. I'm hard pressed to press the L3 or R3 buttons without moving the actual stick in a direction.
The sensor you plug into the PS2 is HUGE and sticks out. It sticks out about twice the size of a regular Memory card, I'm talking N64 rumble pack big.

All in all, not worth even the 5 bucks I paid. This is going to be a controller I will let little kids use when they are over.

[quote name='minmao']Just FYI

It happened to me. So at least for me, no third party controllers, ever![/QUOTE]

Sorry this is a little off topic but..

This has also happened to me with a nyko controller... is there any way to fix it so it runbles again?

id still rather pony up the extra ten bucks and get a ligitech precision wireless... just a more comfortable feel IMO

bread's done
Back