Wireless Printer

I just bought a HL-2170W last week at Office Depot for $90. More than I wanted to spend but considering I wasn't even getting 500 prints for $50 worth of black ink only with the all in one Lexmark ink jet I had, I figure it'll pay for itself in money saved on ink in less than a year (at least in my case). The printer was $80 on Black Friday and I was still stalling then but finally got fed up with the cost of a single print.

Anyway there was a thread like this not too long ago and most people responded with recommendations to check Target clearance isles for HP printers. That still might be a decent bet if you aren't going to be doing a a lot of printing. Pretty sure HP, Epson, and Lexmark will all bleed your wallet on ink. Part of the problem with ink jet printers, and the alternatives can be expensive. Oh and this time of year Target might be cleaned out on clearance printers so check ads too. I believe Staples is still running a promotion where you can trade in any printer (no matter how old or broken I believe) and get $50 off any HP printer.

[quote name='shrike4242']A couple of questions:

1) Define "cheap".
2) Do you need faxing as well as print/copy/scan?[/QUOTE]

1) Under $100
2) Nope, just printing, scanning, and copying.

FYI, the printer doesn't have to be wireless.

Fres - I'd probably have to go the online route since there isn't a Target within a decent driving distance of here.

I know HP just released their new line of wireless printers so there will likely be some good sales on the old HP stock coming up.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']FYI, the printer doesn't have to be wireless.[/QUOTE]

Your thread is titled "wireless printer", compromise any more and you'll be getting an etch-a-sketch.

Best scenario if you can: Get a cheap all-in-one inkjet to do everything BUT everyday prints. There's no need to have wireless if you're scanning/copying. also get a nice cheap black wireless laser printer to do your normal printing. This is where the Brother HL-2170W comes in.

I love my HL-2170W as well, it's so nice being able to just hit print from my laptop anywhere in the house and pick up my printed pages hiding in the closet later that day.

I have 2 printers. Bought a samsung laser B/W from staples for pretty cheap. Then bought an extra toner off monoprice for

bread's done
Back