Wireless Router needed! Wanna go online with my DS and Wii!

i say you DONT get a linksys. its a piece of crap. keeps going down on me for like a minute at a time every now and then.

[quote name='xabsolut']i say you DONT get a linksys. its a piece of crap. keeps going down on me for like a minute at a time every now and then.[/QUOTE]

Most people who have Linksys routers (especially the WRT54G) love them. I've had 5 different routers over the past 2 years and the Linksys tops them all. And I agree with espy, the WRT54GL is the Cadillac of wireless routers.

Stay away from D-Link though. I've had nothing but problems with 'em.

[quote name='norkusa']Most people who have Linksys routers (especially the WRT54G) love them. I've had 5 different routers over the past 2 years and the Linksys tops them all. And I agree with espy, the WRT54GL is the Cadillac of wireless routers.

Stay away from D-Link though. I've had nothing but problems with 'em.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Linksys is the way to go. If you are having troubles with it, I'd investigate further because I doubt it is the router itself.

[quote name='hero_icon_rolemodel']Netgear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless-G Router with Touchless WiFi Security
$24.99 w/ free shipping at Frys.
It says call for availability, so it might be on backorder. I believe it is the same price in-store if you have a Frys nearby.

http://shop4.outpost.com/{9g8viQ4EID2xQ9FNxBGoGA**.node2}/product/3635275[/QUOTE]

Avoid that router with all your life. I currently have it and it sucks ballz. It disconnects every few days sometimes every few hours, forcing you to reset it. Really annoying.

Read reviews on Amazon, every user complains about this. Like the idiot I am, I failed to do any research before hand (something I NEVER do) before buying the router for my college apartment.

i say you DONT get a linksys. its a piece of crap. keeps going down on me for like a minute at a time every now and then.

Out of the box, the Linksys is a piece of crap, especially if you run P2P programs that open many connections. That's what causes it crash, typically.

However, the WRT54GL allows you to run third party firmware which turns the $50 router into maybe a $150 level router feature wise.

You would have been better off getting the Zyxel X-550 router. So much better out of the box, has the StreamEngine QoS, and compensates for running torrents.

[quote name='lowenbotten']You would have been better off getting the Zyxel X-550 router. So much better out of the box, has the StreamEngine QoS, and compensates for running torrents.[/quote]

n00b question, but will that router & the Linsys WRT54GL one will work on the PS3, PSP, & DS?;)

I was gonna chime in for the Zyxel X-550 too...seems to be the best router in the universe ;p Seriously the sheer amount of complaints all the other routers get vs. the sheer amount of praise the Zyxel gets is staggering. Of course I have nothing but praise for it too. Yes it works with DS, I don't see why it wouldn't work with PS3 and PSP.

bread's done
Back