Wireless XBox 360 controller for PC question

Blips

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about buying a wireless XBox 360 controller for PC gaming. I'm going to have my PC hooked up to my HDTV and want to play games with that controller, but my PC is 30 feet away and around a corner about 20 feet from the TV and about 30 from where I'll be sitting.

What's the range of the wireless 360 controller? Does it have to be line of site? Thanks for the help.

no, the controller doesn't have to be line of site (it's RF not IR)

The range for me is pretty good (I'm not sure what frequency the wireless operates on, so I'm sure it would depend on if you have other devices on that same or close to the same frequency (I.E. cordless phone or wireless internet)

my guess is it will probably work fine.

It's really good.

My dad was in the basement and didn't sync up the controller to his 360 and turned on mine on the 2nd floor. So it basically works 3 floors down so you should have no problem.

the range on the RF is really good. I was about 20ft away and a floor below the 360 and it still was worked.

I was in the middle of a uno multiplayer game and had to go to the kitchen. The controller vibrated and everything. Was very impressed with its performance.

As for other RF frequencies. I have a cisco wireless router running @ 2.4 Ghz and it seemed not to matter much...so it has to be on a different frequency.

bread's done
Back