Wireless

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Im in need of 2 things. First I need a wireless card for my desktop and it has to be able to hook up to an external attena, which I also need. If anyone knows what the "pringles can atenna" is, and they have one or could build me one, I would buy it.

Cantennas have also been outlawed in some areas since the device is known for WarDriving. I suggest checking local laws before buying or building one.

Also, the Cantenna is directional. So you don't really need/want something like that for a desktop system.

[quote name='WebScud']Cantennas have also been outlawed in some areas since the device is known for WarDriving. I suggest checking local laws before buying or building one.

Also, the Cantenna is directional. So you don't really need/want something like that for a desktop system.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is wardriving?

As far as laptop cards go, Orinoco makes the best cards, hands down. Their 802.11G cards have an external antenna ports. Linksys is in second. D-Link makes nice stuff too.

As far as desktop 802.11x gear go, D-Link has a line for gaming which gives higher bandwidth preference to games and things like torrent apps (all customizable), which comes in handy when you're running low priority stuff in the background like Xfire.

It makes it sound better, just getting wireless from 2 blocks away, so Im not too picky about speed. Plus, Im not running Linux, Im running Windows XP SP1 >_>

bread's done
Back