Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

So we went to a Madison Shopko last night to see how many units they were getting. They say 4, look outside only 1 guy. So we quick run home and grab all our shit, and get back and the guys friend showed up also, so with us thats four. So we sit through the night, we ended up watching Scrubs for about 10 hours. Then this morning, some lady comes outside and informs us they are only getting 2 and it has always been 2.....what a great experience.
(I need the money to fix my car, otherwise I wouldn't think of camping out for it.)

[quote name='jer7583']Any other Milwaukee people gonna be camping/looking for a Wii on sunday? I'm probably gonna try the Best Buy in Greenfield first, since it's the biggest and likely to get the most systems. Then I'll be at the circuit city off bluemound if that fails (or first depending on that coupon)[/QUOTE]

If that coupon is going to work let me know so I can camp there. Otherwise it looks like Best Buy Mayfair for me

Hit up West Towne at about noon, the Best Buy had about 30 in line, Target had about 20, Circuit City only 15, but their sign said they only have 6

So no go for me

why is everybody going to camp for the wii at best buy or circuit city. walmart ads claim they're doing midnight sales.

i just called up a bunch of walmarts around the northside and southside of milwaukee and most of them are not selling them until 7am. although, the germantown walmart didnt give me any specific time of when they're selling it. sorry if i got anyone's hopes up, i was just going by the sunday ad.

They have a nice clearance section at the Wal Mart in Menomonee Falls/Germantown, WI (The new Super Wal Mart that had just moved from about half a mile away). I picked up Grandia 3 for $15 (last copy) They also had a lot of PSP games for under 20 bucks, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for $11, and........ DISGAEA 2 FOR $23 (This was in the glass case, not the clearance rack) They also have the JBL Onstage speaker system for iPods for $70 (I have this and it's a nice speaker dock, I paid $130 for it about 6 months ago)

I talk to a stressed out guy at west madison target tonight. He looked like he had been there since the beginning of ps3 camping that said they will be handing out tickets at 7am and opening the doors at 8am. He also confirmed the number they have is 111 same as the stock list going around. We are planning on going about 3-4am. Bonne chance

I've changed my mind for the 4th time and am now heading to Best Buy on Sunday morning. I figure I'll get there about an hour to a half hour before hand. If I don't get one... oh, well. I'll just pick up accessories and games and try to get one from another store later in the day or week.

Gonna hit up target around 6am. There's no way 111 people will be lined up.

[quote name='Apossum']Gonna hit up target around 6am. There's no way 111 people will be lined up.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone confirmed how many they'll have? I saw online 111, but that is by no means for sure.

[quote name='mcelfour']Has anyone confirmed how many they'll have? I saw online 111, but that is by no means for sure.[/QUOTE]

called yesterday-- it's right. they have 111.

Don't be so sure you'll be able to waltz in to any old Target/Walmart etc. tomorrow and pick up a Wii. My wife and I just got back from a little shopping around the West side (Madison) and the lines (surprise, surprise) have already begun. The Target line will easily get to 111 by tonight. Waking up early tomorrow just isn't goint to cut it.

[quote name='psunami']If I can't get one tomorrow... I'll be alright. I just can't justify waiting in line for 12 hours+ to buy something.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And besides, if you guys/gals are anything like me, you have a few games that are unplayed, and not enough time anyway! I think the chances are still fairly good for tomorrow. And if I am wrong, then...so what.

What games are people planning on picking up? Zelda TP for me, and perhaps Trauma Center or Rayman RR.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I'm gonna waltz on by GS over at the fashion center at 12am and pick mine up. Why didn't anyone preorder?[/quote]

Because you have to camp out and wait in line to pre order one.

I'm gonna go out tommorrow after the game and check around a bit. If I don't come up with one...oh well, I'll just hold out for the GC Zelda then.

Just checked at BB and Target (Eastside), Target had 3 people waiting (of the 66 they are supposed to get) and Best Buy had like 30 people waiting outside. While I was inside I heard some kid talking on his phone about how stupid the people outside were to still be waiting for the PS3....

Guess there is a line at the west Target. I just called and they didn't know if it was long yet or not. I might drive by and check it out.

[quote name='psunami']If you do drive by, take a look at Best Buy if you can.[/QUOTE]

Checked out both.

Westside Target-- about 20-25 people were there. I'm still stopping by around 5-6 am...I just can't see 85 more people showing up between now and then. (knock on wood)

Westside Best Buy-- it was tough to gauge. There were about 8 large tents, but I didn't see a whole lot of people. So it could've been more or less than Target. I also asked how many they were getting and they said they didn't know.

but some good news----

MADISONITES-- free burrito, taco, burrito bols and fajitas at Chipotle through the 22nd if you bring in 2 non-perishable goods!!! :applause: yes, you read that right :)

To hell with the Wii... I want my fajitas.

Thanks again for taking a look at Best Buy. I'm going to head there in the morning and see if I can track something down.

[quote name='Apossum']Checked out both.

but some good news----

MADISONITES-- free burrito, taco, burrito bols and fajitas at Chipotle through the 22nd if you bring in 2 non-perishable goods!!! :applause: yes, you read that right :)[/QUOTE]

I saw this last friday. So yesterday I picked up 8 cannned goods, so my wife and I can each get a burrito. I feel way too cheap donating $0.50 worth of food, so I'll donate $1.00 worth, I guess, to get a free burrito.

wow. I didn't think it would be so crazy...ran all over the westside trying to get in a line and they were all pretty much full by 7.

Finally scored one at the obscure south towne ShopKo! :)

[quote name='Apossum']wow. I didn't think it would be so crazy...ran all over the westside trying to get in a line and they were all pretty much full by 7.

Finally scored one at the obscure south towne ShopKo! :)[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I struck out. I was really suprised by the numbers most places had available! I heard 18, 20, etc. at a lot of stores. I expected more like 50. Preorders eating into the numbers? Or holding some in reserve for "resupply" a bit later in the week? Or perhaps they all really only had 20.

Eh. I will try again a little later in the week.

I got in line at the Westside Best Buy at 8 and was number 96 out of 102. Score!

No controllers anywhere though. Picked up the 2000 point card at Circuit City for $14.99 though.

I'll have to try and get a remote and nunchuck for my wife by Thanksgiving though... otherwise it's quite a bit of solo gaming for a while.

We sent a scout at 8some to westside target. Reported a line and we packed and left. Got some food and check BB for status. Went back to target and got to line at 1030 number 70. We were sitting at the picnic bench. Damn cold one out there and feeling horrible after 3 hours sleep in the last day+1/2. Cat with us wanted his wii so hard he puked.

Does anyone know how many Wiis were in the Madison or Oshkosh area? I'm just trying to figure out if those websites that gave out inventory info were correct.

Well, they were definately off on the Best Buy numbers seeing as how they reported 53 for them, and they Westside store got 102.

i was talkin to this from a guy who works at ups this morn while waiting in line and he said that nintendo plans on shipping a whole lot more this week since its the biggest shopping week of the year; but of couse take this as a grain of salt.

[quote name='psunami']Well, they were definately off on the Best Buy numbers seeing as how they reported 53 for them, and they Westside store got 102.[/QUOTE]

The websites got Target correct, but that's it. Everything else was off by about 50%. Lots of places had 18-22 when the websites said 50ish. I gave too much credit after the site got Target right, and ended up empty handed due in part to a flawed plan based on that site.

Anyway, I'll check for resupplies soon, and hopefully score one before Saturday.

I would be stopping in on weds morning. Chances they will some tues like most game stuff does. With the concentration of stores in west madison I wouldn't for see a problem finding one.

[quote name='.JPG']Does anyone know if Nintendo is shipping out another round of Wii's? And if so, any idea when?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo plans on shipping 4 million Wii's before the end of the year. Around 1 million Wii's were available for launch. You can do the math.

They also said they would be shipping systems every week. Now we just have to hope that systems means more controllers as well. I have to track down another nunchuck and remote by Wednesday for a party I'm going to... otherwise people will just sit around and drink... what a travesty that would be.

I know I'm risking not getting one by posting this, but I just got an email from Circuit City's website stating that they have Nunchucks available at both Circuit Cities in Madison... but when I go to the site, they state they're not available.

I called one of the stores and they said their truck had just arrived... so there is a pretty good chance they have some controllers, and possibly systems on the truck.

I'll let everyone know if I find out more.

For anyone who is interested in the Burger King 360 games...

The Burger King on Odana (Madison West side) started the promotion this weekend. The best part is you only have to buy 1 combo to get all three games...which is fortunate since BK food is vomit-inducing.

Each game is $3.99 and works on Xbox and 360. The cases are styled similar to normal 360 games.

[quote name='heybtbm']Nintendo plans on shipping 4 million Wii's before the end of the year. Around 1 million Wii's were available for launch. You can do the math.[/quote]

4 millions worldwide, only 1 million for the US.

[quote name='.JPG']4 millions worldwide, only 1 million for the US.[/QUOTE]

Not 1 million for the US. Over 2.

The US is the biggest gaming market, they will receive more than 50% of the systems.

bread's done
Back