Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I'm a pretty plain Jane kind of guy when it comes to Pizza fixins, so I'm the wrong guy to ask.

I did notice another Game store that has opened up on University. It's across the street from Whole Foods. I'll have to give it a look this week.

[quote name='heybtbm']Preplayed resurfaces all used games...Gamestop/EB and Video Game Exchange only will if you ask them to. I've never had a bad game come from Preplayed...ever. Also, most games (especially 360 and PS3 games) are in excellent condition. They look like they were just opened. When I buy used games, the packaging must be perfect...and it often is at Preplayed.[/quote]

the reason being is preplayed gets alot of stuff from hustlers that's why they will occasionally have a stack of new titles for dirt cheap. i have been in there when people have brought in bags of unopened dvd's and games. as far as used quality, video game x-change uses professional buffing equipment and their games are always perfect when i buy them. preplayed uses a jewelers buffing wheel and the discs always have a marred look to them...they do tend to be a little cheaper but that's because they buy stuff for as little as possible. :applause:

[quote name='rayzer369']the reason being is preplayed gets alot of stuff from hustlers that's why they will occasionally have a stack of new titles for dirt cheap. i have been in there when people have brought in bags of unopened dvd's and games. as far as used quality, video game x-change uses professional buffing equipment and their games are always perfect when i buy them. preplayed uses a jewelers buffing wheel and the discs always have a marred look to them...they do tend to be a little cheaper but that's because they buy stuff for as little as possible. :applause:[/QUOTE]

they seem to have a lot of stolen stuff there.

I would go to VGX, but I've never found a game want at a price I want there.

[quote name='Apossum']they seem to have a lot of stolen stuff there.[/QUOTE]

Well, you know where to look first if your stuff gets ripped off.

[quote name='Apossum']mmm....glass nickel pizza for lunch. anyone got any exotic glass nickel combos to recommend? I'm not too adventurous when it comes to pizza, but these guys have so many weird toppings and I've never tried any of them :)[/QUOTE]

Here's my suggestion: order from Roman Candle instead. Or Larocca's. Or go to Ian's. ;)

Man, I've been away from this thread for too long.

[quote name='ma']Here's my suggestion: order from Roman Candle instead. Or Larocca's. Or go to Ian's. ;)

Man, I've been away from this thread for too long.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one on campus who thinks Ian's is overrated?

[quote name='WiiNet']Am I the only one on campus who thinks Ian's is overrated?[/QUOTE]

It's either overrated, or it's really gone downhill since the rating period.

[quote name='heybtbm']Well, you know where to look first if your stuff gets ripped off.[/QUOTE]

I traded some CDs in the other day and for some reason I felt like a criminal :lol:

Here's my suggestion: order from Roman Candle instead. Or Larocca's. Or go to Ian's.

Man, I've been away from this thread for too long.

I walk past Ian's on Frances on my way home from work, so I eat there all the time. I love it, but Glass Nickel is much higher quality. I'll have to try the other two places though.

[quote name='WiiNet']Am I the only one on campus who thinks Ian's is overrated?[/QUOTE]

I'm not on campus anymore, but I used to make Ian's a weekly destination.
BBQ Chicken & Pineapple FTW!

...anyway, just to add some gaming discussion, I saw a Wii on the shelf at Wal-Mart in Wausau, WI on Sunday morning. (First time I've actually seen one that didn't require hours of standing in line.)

I've never eaten at Ian's. I've had people tell me over and over that I should try it, but I've never gotten over there for lunch.

Anyone in Madison find a copy of Resident Evil 4 for Wii yet?

Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us (all West side locations) were sold out by 7pm last night. Unbelievable.

[quote name='heybtbm']Anyone in Madison find a copy of Resident Evil 4 for Wii yet?

Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us (all West side locations) were sold out by 7pm last night. Unbelievable.[/quote]

It is hard to believe that some people are buying this game for the 3rd time now....

Capcom must be loving this ;)

[quote name='Derrick1979']It is hard to believe that some people are buying this game for the 3rd time now....

Capcom must be loving this ;)[/QUOTE]

It will be my 4th time (GC, PS2, PC, and Wii). I am a sick man.

[quote name='heybtbm']It will be my 4th time (GC, PS2, PC, and Wii). I am a sick man.[/quote]

LoL I will eventually pick it up for the PS2 because I had it on GC but sold the thing and the system and have been wanting to play it again..

GC purchase was only for $15

So I plan on getting it for the same price for PS2 ...

The only game I remember having purchased multiple times recently was Radiata Stories.. good thing its cheap lol...... love the game but kept trading it in.. Finally found another sealed one today and it's going to be a keeper..

Has anyone been able to find the clearance section at either Madison Target lately? With the East side store being re-done it's impossible to find most things there. Although I did see Chromehounds for $15 for the 360, but it wasn't a clearance price, just a normal white sticker.

The West Side store seems to have eliminated their clearance area as well.

learned the hard way that the Madison Game Crazy is no longer GC, but it's just a part of Hollywood video.

went in all excited to take advantage of the trade 2 get 50% extra deal.
no dice :(

Cool local CAG'ers: This is not directed towards you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say something to all the local (Madison, WI) ebay/resale whores that read CAG (specifically the local deal forums) and spend their entire morning going from store to store buying clearance video games...

Get a real job losers. You fail at life. It's painfully obvious who you are and what you're doing. Absolutely pathetic.

That is all. I feel better now.

I second this. I believe WI has the worst horder/real CAG ratio of anywhere. When I was at school in Milwaukee it wasnt as bad due to the amount of stores but Madison is fucking aweful. Any deal interesting to me I feel I need to run out as soon as I see it due to the WI whale horders.

I bet it's just as bad here in Milwaukee then, back when they had that huge Bestbuy sale there were people standing in line with printed lists comming up with plans and already talking trades and $$ amount if they found X&Y games... My brother works at a bestbuy and h e said people were taking the games out by the cart loads and he gets mad every time they put out new rounds of those front lane games because he has to be off the clock to buy anything and he will see a person come in and buy out the whole lot and say 10 copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 @ $9.99... People like this just irritate and sicken me to know end..........

Plain ans simple in order to cut back on this people need to stop being so quick at posting every sale they come across...

There's lurkers in the waters big time around CAG and they kill it for the people that legitimately want to get these CAG to play not to score profits.....

:bomb:

[quote name='Derrick1979']There's lurkers in the waters big time around CAG and they kill it for the people that legitimately want to get these CAG to play not to score profits.....[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yep. I've been very lucky to meet one or two of the good CAG's in the area and have seen quite a few more bad ones.

You can imagine how surprised I was when I found a couple of the newest CC clearance games on the shelf today, two days after they went on sale.

I have been known to carry a list from time to time, but I never buy more than one copy of a title for myself. Maybe 2 if a CAG requests it.

:whistle2:k

sorry guys, I'm one of the bad ones. i don't buy 10 copies of MGS 3 (that's retarded), but I do supplement my main purchases with games I can flip. $60 is too much for me, even with my "real job." If I'm buying a $60 game, then notice a game I could resell to take $20 off that purchase, I eat for another week. yeah, i'm claiming poor college student on this one. but I don't advocate quitting your day job to flip games :lol:

anyway, what are you guys looking for that other people snatch up? I've never gone out to get something and not had it there...though the Wii launch was rough. I find good games at Pre-played every time I go there. The west side GS had DDS1 sitting there the other week, along with a bunch of other rare and semi-valuable games that no one buys. there were even 2 copies of RE:Code Veronica for the GC at Shopko on the east side-- they were some of the last games, $9 each, in the picked over clearance bin. There are 2 copies of DoAX 2 and 2 of DDR:Ultimate at the East side circuit city as of an hour ago and some copies of Lumines at TRU, if you want to get it before it's gone. and no I didn't buy every last thing I found :p i usually hit up all these places when I get a chance to go to town, mostly only to look around.

anyway, I have seen dirty ebayers and they don't seem like the informed types who know what to buy. they seemed like dumbasses who would buy 10 copies of MGS3 Snake Eater, but don't know thing 1 about gaming. I don't think I've seen any CAGs, unless you guys frequent EB on state...otherwise I shop for game like once a month.

What made me specifically rant (this time) was a guy and his wife at Circuit City Tuesday with 2-3 copies each of DDR, DOAX2, and Virtua Tennis 3. There is absolutely no reason why these douchebags needed that many copies other than flipping them on ebay.

What's sad is that I recognize these idiots from Preplayed. I've seen them in there several times with stacks of games and game guides. They are the specific reason you'll never find a "penny guide" anywhere in Madison. You seem to get jerks like this with every hobby...but these people are something else.

I remember the good old days of the Circuit City $5 clearance when I was able to walk into a store an hour or two after open and have my pick of the titles that I wanted. I still have my sealed copy of Disgaea from that deal. It never crossed my mind to pick up 3 or 4 copies of it and sell them. That's just not something that I care to do.

I'm not in this hobby to profit off of it, I'm just in it to enjoy the games.

[quote name='psunami']I remember the good old days of the Circuit City $5 clearance when I was able to walk into a store an hour or two after open and have my pick of the titles that I wanted. I still have my sealed copy of Disgaea from that deal. It never crossed my mind to pick up 3 or 4 copies of it and sell them. That's just not something that I care to do.

I'm not in this hobby to profit off of it, I'm just in it to enjoy the games.[/quote]

Same boat im in guy, when Disgaea 2 hit the $16.96 clearance at CC I went into the Brookfield location and they had a handful of them but I took them and placed them in the bottom of the mess that was a clearance bin and came on here and left a little hint to where they were.. to be hold my friend that works at that store told me some guy purchased all 5 copies that were still left... All the RPG's that went on clearance there are obsolete.. the only one I could find was Tales of Legendia which is great but I really wanted to find a Grandia III.. still looking for that one.. The CC by me is terrible for Hoarders and if there is something put on topic here if you dont basically drop what you doing and head over there by the next day anything good is long gone......

In some positive news...Toys R Us in Madison still has a nice selection of the $9.99 games mentioned in the main CAG video game deals forum. I picked up Lumines II (last one unfortunately) today during lunch.

Yeah. I was surprised about the amount of stuff that TRU had on Tuesday when I got over there. I grabbed Lumines II as well, and made sure there were a few left.

Just wanted to let people know that there is at least 1 copy each of Meet the Robinsons and Avatar at Circuit City West in Madison. I picked up a copy of each last night again and traded them in for Super Mario Strikers.

[quote name='heybtbm']Cool local CAG'ers: This is not directed towards you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say something to all the local (Madison, WI) ebay/resale whores that read CAG (specifically the local deal forums) and spend their entire morning going from store to store buying clearance video games...

Get a real job losers. You fail at life. It's painfully obvious who you are and what you're doing. Absolutely pathetic.

That is all. I feel better now.[/quote]

I was wondering why I could never find any of the hardcore deals anywhere in town... :(

I think the "Cool" CAG'ers should figure out a way to get games for each other. I can't get to the stores right when they open most times... but I usually have pretty decent luck picking things up. Worst case, you're picking up 2 or 3 copies for the locals, and then returning them if they don't want them.

[quote name='psunami']I think the "Cool" CAG'ers should figure out a way to get games for each other. I can't get to the stores right when they open most times... but I usually have pretty decent luck picking things up. Worst case, you're picking up 2 or 3 copies for the locals, and then returning them if they don't want them.[/QUOTE]

That isn't a bad idea.

What I usually do is read a few threads on CAG in the mornng and if there are any interesting deals, I check out the store at lunch. 9 times out of 10 there's nothing in stock (or already gone that morning), but when there is, I post it here.

I would look out for my fellow WI CAG'ers ... I have a decent tradelist of stuff mainly not anything specifically from alot of these clearance sales just mainly deals I stumble on seeing most places are gutted so quick around Milwaukee..

So feel free to CML if you would like to.. I am going to add more I just have to look threw what I have to see if there is anything else I want to part with..

Just a quick post here for any Milwaukee CAG'er or very close surrounding area people interested in Summerfest tickets.. I have 4 that allow access day or night and looking to get rid of them for $40..

If anyone is interested PM me ...

Thanks

Just wanted to give a heads up to any CAG'ers in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area.. The Toys R Us store in Brookfield has :

Perfect Dark Zero: Collectors Edition for $12.98

I saw someone post this earlier in one of the main threads and he said YMMV which is right the Northridge store has it for $30 and it is the Brookfield one that had it for $13..

They had about 4 copies left.

Keep this out of the main threads please.. keep it local

I had a chance to stop by the new game place on University down by Borders in Madison.

Pretty disappointing.

They had maybe 200 total titles in the entire place, and most were no better than $10 off of retail.

Maybe, in time, it'll be a better shop, but nothing worth writing home about right now.

[quote name='psunami']I had a chance to stop by the new game place on University down by Borders in Madison.

Pretty disappointing.

They had maybe 200 total titles in the entire place, and most were no better than $10 off of retail.

Maybe, in time, it'll be a better shop, but nothing worth writing home about right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I live about a block away from the store you're talking about. Pretty disappointing just about sums it up. I have more games upstairs than they do in the whole store. It's almost like their entire stock is made up of 1 or 2 personal collections (sans anything good).

[quote name='psunami']I had a chance to stop by the new game place on University down by Borders in Madison.

Pretty disappointing.

Maybe, in time, it'll be a better shop, but nothing worth writing home about right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that place surviving for very long. Bad selection, horrible location. plenty of $40 copies of FFVII though :roll:

Hi All,
I live north of Madison (Waunakee). Any suggestions on where I can get a ps2 game fixed?

Also, read a few post about the hoarders in Madtown. If they really are selling the games on ebay - shouldn't they be easy to find? I think there are several ways of annoying ebay sellers....

~Ivy

[quote name='fatheramo']Hi All,
I live north of Madison (Waunakee). Any suggestions on where I can get a ps2 game fixed?

[/QUOTE]

How are you looking to get the game fixed? Is it all scratched up? I think most of the used places have resurfacing tools there.

Also, read a few post about the hoarders in Madtown. If they really are selling the games on ebay - shouldn't they be easy to find? I think there are several ways of annoying ebay sellers....

~Ivy[/QUOTE]

Pre-played has the best resurfacing machines i've seen. Lots of machines leave obvious resurfacing marks behind, but you have to look hard for them on games at PP. Most of the time they do it for free, but they might charge you $1, depending on which clerk you ask.

I haven't been in here for a while, but there is a Gameboy Micro 20th anniversary edition for $34 at Sears on the West Side of Green Bay. I grabbed one to collect (I already have a micro I'm using), and the other is ripe for the picking.

ANIME fans...the East side Madison BB still has the Tekkaman dvd set 2 for the $14.99 price mistake (west side has it fixed for the regular $19.99)

Sorry if this's been mentioned recently, but if you visit Shopko and see a game on clearance, you might want to double-check the price.

I've visited most of the Green Bay area stores and found a few games that were "on clearance" for $10 that rang up at $4, or "on clearance" for $15 that rang up at $2 (all of them 90% off). They're forgetting to update the stickers, and you can probably benefit from that.

I live north of Madison (Waunakee). Any suggestions on where I can get a ps2 game fixed?[/quote]

In Green Bay (I know, not Madison), the best I've found is Family Video. The discs look great after re-surfacing. They charge $2 regardless of whether it fixes anything (d'oh). It's been free sometimes, if I come when they're not busy.

[quote name='ZForce915']I haven't been in here for a while, but there is a Gameboy Micro 20th anniversary edition for $34 at Sears on the West Side of Green Bay. I grabbed one to collect (I already have a micro I'm using), and the other is ripe for the picking.[/quote]Picked up three of these at Platteville K-Mart for $21 each. They were $35 previously and decided to get one for my son for an airplane trip to Florida, went down one more time and price drop. Two are still new :)

Hi BTW, SouthWest Wisconsin myself.

Corey

bread's done
Back