Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

You should be alright tho, I stopped at the CC in Appleton about an hour after opening yesterday and they were already cleaned out, but they ordered 2 for me, and they should be here tomorrow.

So if they're cleaned out, don't hesitate to ask the guy to order you a few.

[quote name='koltz']Picked up three of these at Platteville K-Mart for $21 each. They were $35 previously and decided to get one for my son for an airplane trip to Florida, went down one more time and price drop. Two are still new :)

Hi BTW, SouthWest Wisconsin myself.

Corey[/quote]
sup esher ^_^

I got some cards, but I bought them early to pm, since this was obviously going to be a bust otherwise.

So, off topic, but still... Are there any places in Madison that rents Wii games at decent prices?

I'm so sick of Gamefly and how long it takes (if the games actually get here) to get games and return them. I've been a member for two months and they've already lost 4 games.

That said, I am NOT paying Blockbuster the $27 or whatever they want to rent a game for 4 days or whatever it is now, so are there any local places (preferably on the west side) that rent games for a reasonable amount?

I've been curious to try out the Blockbuster Game Pass for $21 plan. 1 game at any time for as long as you want it. (Or so it seems from their site.) If I could just drive to a store and pick up a game when I want rather than relying on Gamefly's mediocre shipping speeds, it would probably be worth it.

Honestly, if I rent 4 games from Gamefly in a month... I probably only have games for half of the month as it is. I have at least a 4 to 5 day turn around every time.

[quote name='psunami']I've been curious to try out the Blockbuster Game Pass for $21 plan. 1 game at any time for as long as you want it. (Or so it seems from their site.) If I could just drive to a store and pick up a game when I want rather than relying on Gamefly's mediocre shipping speeds, it would probably be worth it.

Honestly, if I rent 4 games from Gamefly in a month... I probably only have games for half of the month as it is. I have at least a 4 to 5 day turn around every time.[/QUOTE]

So how up to date is Blockbuster's new game selection? It seems to me that they only have 1 copy of most games and new releases are out of stock for months. The "Game Pass" sounds like a reasonable deal, but not if you're only getting to choose between King Kong and Perfect Dark...while the employees have the only copy of GTA4 checked out for 2 months.

Somewhat off-topic:

Whatever you do...DON'T rent DVD's or games from the Blockbuster on the corner of University and Gammon. They have a few scumbag clerks there who are absolute criminals. They rent movies on customers accounts and try to charge them with late/replacement fees. It's a nice little scam they've had going for years. There was even an assistant manager who was in on it a year or so ago.

I think that you've noticed my primary concern with renting locally.

Of course, Rapid shipping never seems to work for me with Gamefly and right now I'm paying to have 2 games... and both are stuck somewhere in the mail.

Good to know about that Blockbuster location. I'm going to be sticking with the East side for now.

There's a boxed Wii at Preplayed on the Westside (Madison of course) if anyone's interested. I still think these are pretty hard to find. I've never seen a Wii at retail. Even when I got mine at BB in February, I had to ask for them to get it out of the back stockroom.

For those of you interested in a few of the Circuit City clearance titles, they had Chocobo Tales for the DS and DDR for the 360 in the clearance bin at the East Madison store.

I saw 3 or so Wiis in the Target on the West side near CompUSA today about an hour about (1:00pm CTS)

-Owl

Circuit City clearance update:

FYI: The latest batch of CC $16.96 clearance games are still (for the most part) available at CC West (Madison). I bought the last Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (sorry guys), but there still are plenty of 360 titles. What I saw:

(new August clearance only)

Chromehounds
Superman Returns (didn't buy this one)
Meet the Robinsons (didn't buy this either)
Far Cry Predator
MLB 2K6

I also looked high and low for the PS2 Devil May Cry collection, but it was nowhere to be found.

[quote name='heybtbm']Circuit City clearance update:

FYI: The latest batch of CC $16.96 clearance games are still (for the most part) available at CC West (Madison). I bought the last Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (sorry guys), but there still are plenty of 360 titles. What I saw:

(new August clearance only)

Chromehounds
Superman Returns (didn't buy this one)
Meet the Robinsons (didn't buy this either)
Far Cry Predator
MLB 2K6

I also looked high and low for the PS2 Devil May Cry collection, but it was nowhere to be found.[/QUOTE]

I took the last Metal Gear from the East Side CC on Saturday along with a copy of Far Cry.

Didn't look for the DMC collection though.

i was thinking about picking up Metal Gear Portable Ops.. oh well. snooze, i lose... guess i'll have to ride around a bit for one if i really want it.
___

topic change:

so, this past weekend, i spent a fair amount of time cataloging my games and finding all the cover art for each one I own to make my game library html page looking complete. After everything was tabulated and raked in, I'm pretty close to owning 400 games..

most of my friends i show this to take a step back and reply, "christ that's a lot"..

It is a fair amount, but it's nothing compared to other collections I've seen here and there. so, i began to wonder just how different my video game buying habits were compared to others gamers like myself.

how many games would you say you buy on average in a week? how many games do you own?
___

Also, on a related note.. I'm going to start getting rid of some of my crappy games.. many of which are import saturn titles. lemme know if you're interested in anything. my game list is in my sig.

[quote name='dyreschlock']how many games would you say you buy on average in a week? how many games do you own?[/QUOTE]

My "collection":

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018

Really, it's not much of a collection...it's just an accumulation of buying video games for 25+ years. I rarely sell my games. After awhile, they just add up. I have ~50 or so Atari 2600 games that I never bothered adding to the collection list above, so in all I easily have over 800 games. Keep in mind that I have played a majority of these games over the years...I don't buy games just to own them. I'm a player...not a collector.

I also should add that half of my games (NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, etc.) are stored in rubbermaid containers in my basement. I haven't touched some of them for 15 years or so. I'm the opposite of a pack-rat (it's true), but when it comes to video games, I hang on to them. My logic is that I'll want to play them at some point or another. In the NES/Genesis days I sold quite a few of my games, only to buy them back later. So now I keep them, even if they sit untouched for a decade.

I guess the weird thing (to other people...not me) are the multiple copies of consoles I have stored in the basement. I have quite a few older consoles, still new in the box waiting to take over once my current consoles die. I've spent 1000's on software, and I'll be damned if I can't play something because a particular console broke. Most of these consoles were bought after they were clearanced or price cut towards the end of their generation. I have an extra Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, GBASP, and an unbelievable amount of accessories (also brand new). It may seem strange to "stockpile" consoles like this, but most (if not all) of these things were bought for cheap.

[quote name='heybtbm']My "collection":

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018

Really, it's not much of a collection...it's just an accumulation of buying video games for 25+ years. I rarely sell my games. After awhile, they just add up. I have ~50 or so Atari 2600 games that I never bothered adding to the collection list above, so in all I easily have over 800 games. Keep in mind that I have played a majority of these games over the years...I don't buy games just to own them. I'm a player...not a collector.

I also should add that half of my games (NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, etc.) are stored in rubbermaid containers in my basement. I haven't touched some of them for 15 years or so. I'm the opposite of a pack-rat (it's true), but when it comes to video games, I hang on to them. My logic is that I'll want to play them at some point or another. In the NES/Genesis days I sold quite a few of my games, only to buy them back later. So now I keep them, even if they sit untouched for a decade.

I guess the weird thing (to other people...not me) are the multiple copies of consoles I have stored in the basement. I have quite a few older consoles, still new in the box waiting to take over once my current consoles die. I've spent 1000's on software, and I'll be damned if I can't play something because a particular console broke. Most of these consoles were bought after they were clearanced or price cut towards the end of their generation. I have an extra Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, GBASP, and an unbelievable amount of accessories (also brand new). It may seem strange to "stockpile" consoles like this, but most (if not all) of these things were bought for cheap.[/quote]

I hear ya man my GF always asks me why I keep buying games and why I need so many lol. I am not on the level you are seeing my collection of games is only 65 between PS1/Ps2. my response is that I am not in any hurry to play any of the new systems, and all the games I have I will play eventually seeing once the Ps2 lifespan ends I will not be forced to move on to current stuff just to dump big bucks on crappy "pretty" games.. my other thing like yourself in away is that it is very hard to pass up on something that is dirt cheap. I have purchased some games that not on a mandatory basis to play they were cheap so they sit for now still sealed. This is the first time I have had a collection of this many games because alas years before I would take a pile in for credit at gamerape but I have seen the errors of my ways and rather keep them than get $1.00 in credit...

-long live the Ps2 lol-

New here...FWIW, I drive through Janesville a lot on the Interstate, and always seem to stop at the Best Buy there (must be the 5% instead of 5.5% sales tax ;) )...almost every time I'm there (every couple weeks) they seem to have 2 or 3 Wii consoles. I personally still haven't bought one, as there aren't that many games I'd want on it yet, but if you're in Madison it might be worth the short drive if you can't find any in town there.

Does Family Video offer the same prices in store as online (i.e. $50 for Halo 3 pre-order)? Do they offer an in-store pickup option? Thanks.

Toys R Us (Green Bay, WI) has Eyetoy Kinetic (with Eyetoy) for $10 clearance, so $8.50 + tax after the automagic 15% discount.

About 5 boxes left after I bought one. Not too shabby if you're looking for an EyeToy.

Not a bad deal for an eyetoy but Greenbay is a hike for me and I really will go no where near that place with the Football game tonight lol

:) I don't blame you. Other closer TRUs might have the same deal, though. These weren't even marked properly, so until they fix the signage you might have some time.

Mildly off-topic, but I've been running my own business in NE Wisconsin, doing things such as tech support, fixing/building computers, doing financial and personnel consulting, and home entertainment/video game setup (yay, topic).

I also do it for a load cheaper than Geek Squad or FireDog.

The reason I'm posting here is just to get some feedback from the CAGs, is I just built the website, so I just wanted to get some criticism/praise for it, let me know what you think, as there's a slight chance one of you may be a future customer for me. Here is my card with the link on the bottom.

card.jpg

[quote name='khaos2639']seriously? I have it open in another tab right now.

hmmm.....any chance you spelled it wrong?[/quote]

Got the same thing a nice error page ?

k, figured it out

hmmm, if ALMBS is in caps, it's a 404, if it's in lowercase, it goes to the site

hmmmm, must find a way for it to work both ways

Anyone check with the local TRU to see if they had Bioshock today? A few people in the buy Madden get another game 50% off thread have been posting that they've been able to pick it up today.

Just curious.

[quote name='psunami']Anyone check with the local TRU to see if they had Bioshock today? A few people in the buy Madden get another game 50% off thread have been posting that they've been able to pick it up today.

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

No Bioshock at TRU West in Madison. Just checked today at lunch.

yep. they said they had it out for an hour this morning before they got the email telling them to pull it.

I called in at noon and the guy said that 3 people had called them already to see if it was out, but he wasn't sure.

Bummer.

[quote name='Apossum']yep. they said they had it out for an hour this morning before they got the email telling them to pull it.[/QUOTE]

You could see where they had them stacked in the 360 section. Right now it's a big empty space in the "B's". Oh well...my 360 got these beautiful red lights last night. Xbox service is down until tomorrow. It'll be a few weeks before I even get to play Bioshock now. Thankfully, Persona 3 is out today...PS3 to the rescue!

Best Buy in Madison (West, and maybe East) just received shipments of the new 360 Premiums with the Zephyr (ie Elite/HDMI/heatpipe) motherboards. I got the first one out of the crate. :D

[quote name='EskNerd']Best Buy in Madison (West, and maybe East) just received shipments of the new 360 Premiums with the Zephyr (ie Elite/HDMI/heatpipe) motherboards. I got the first one out of the crate. :D[/QUOTE]

How can you tell if a 360 is the "Zephyr" model from looking at the box?

[quote name='heybtbm']How can you tell if a 360 is the "Zephyr" model from looking at the box?[/quote]

On the right side of the box under the features, it lists HDMI. On the left side of the box on the sticker, it says Zephyr.

the west side has newer Elites too-- lot 0726. has the quiet drive and extra heatsink.

[quote name='Apossum']the west side has newer Elites too-- lot 0726. has the quiet drive and extra heatsink.[/QUOTE]

I thought these newer 360's at BB were the ones with the new 65nm chip. I see that they're not. Oh well, I guess I'll wait a few months longer to upgrade the old red-light beast.

Circuit City (Westside - Madison) has about 10 copies of Bioshock left as of 11am. FYI: It's on sale this week for $49.99. I picked up a copy even though my 360 is currently in Texas getting repaired by MS. Torture!

I'm still debating picking up Bioshock. It's in my Gamefly rental queue... I think that's good enough for now.

How were they stocked up on Brain Age 2? Probably a ton of copies of that there.

[quote name='psunami']How were they stocked up on Brain Age 2? Probably a ton of copies of that there.[/QUOTE]

I'd estimate ~30-40 copies.

Just to let you all know, when I went out to CC yesterday they had plenty of copies of Bioshock and Brain Age 2 left. Ended up picking up both. I'm so weak....

[quote name='psunami']Just to let you all know, when I went out to CC yesterday they had plenty of copies of Bioshock and Brain Age 2 left. Ended up picking up both. I'm so weak....[/quote]

Eastside CC was out of Bioshock today :( and they had no ads anywhere that I could try a price match at BB.

has anybody checked the brookfield circuit city for the aug. clearance? i was looking for xenosaga 3 and metal gear po and was wondering if somebody seen these games there so i know if i'm going to make a wasted trip or not.

[quote name='sigmano9']has anybody checked the brookfield circuit city for the aug. clearance? i was looking for xenosaga 3 and metal gear po and was wondering if somebody seen these games there so i know if i'm going to make a wasted trip or not.[/QUOTE]

If anyone is still looking for Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, I saw a stack of them at Best Buy (Westside - Madison) for $19.99. Circuit City had them for $16.96, but $19.99 isn't that bad either.

bread's done
Back