Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I think I mentioned this in this thread in the past, but I ended up going with a Blockbuster Gamepass or whatever it's called. Gamefly was just awful beyond words since they changed their mailers.

I ended up going with the Blockbuster on Regent and I've been pretty surprised at how many games are in stock there. I've been typically seeing games there on release date, although no luck on Lair.

What's funny about Lair though is that they have it available for sale.... but not for rent. Gotta love that.

[quote name='sigmano9']has anybody checked the brookfield circuit city for the aug. clearance? i was looking for xenosaga 3 and metal gear po and was wondering if somebody seen these games there so i know if i'm going to make a wasted trip or not.[/quote]

Just want to tell you it will be a wasted trip, that place has been gutted for months now. The last decent clearance game I was able to snag from there was Disgaea 2 and since then I have not seen any game in those bins worth snagging ....

I stopped out at the East Madison Best Buy and they had a shelf over by the guides with a piece of paper saying that all of the games on the shelf were 25 percent off.

The only game I remember seeing was Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, priced at 19.99 on the package... so it may be $14.99. Sorry that I can't remember the other titles, but there were no really "big" ones other than that.

Has anyone been to the Mega Media Xchange just north of the Southridge Mall on 76th? I tried to get info from their website but it only has franchise info. I read somewhere it is good for used DVDs but I want to know how it is for games (fair price for trading in games, selection, etc). Thx.

Not too shocking, but TRU in madison is devoid of clearance games.

besides stacks upon stacks of Charlotte's Web GBA and 3 copies of Gunpey DS.

i've been to media xchange and you can sometimes find some good deals for games there. its definitely worth the look. i've never traded in games so i do not know what you'll get for your used games and they've got a decent selection of games (although no where near the size of gamestop/eb). if you're lookin for old skool games, its definitly the place to go since gamestop/eb doesnt carry them anymore

MMX is the place to go when hoarders take all the penny guides. $6 for a new guide isn't bad at all. The store has campers at every hour of the day so you won't find any rare games but I find dvds to buy there sometimes as well.

[quote name='sigmano9']i've been to media xchange and you can sometimes find some good deals for games there. its definitely worth the look. i've never traded in games so i do not know what you'll get for your used games and they've got a decent selection of games (although no where near the size of gamestop/eb). if you're lookin for old skool games, its definitly the place to go since gamestop/eb doesnt carry them anymore[/quote]

Is Media Exchange the old " CD Exchange store of may have been called Disc Go' Round?

Where is this place on 76th?

Thanks

[quote name='Derrick1979']Is Media Exchange the old " CD Exchange store of may have been called Disc Go' Round?

Where is this place on 76th?[/QUOTE]

i know it used to have a different name in the past, but i dont remember what it was. its on s76th just a block or two south of loomis. or is it layton? i can never remember that streets name.

It's Layton. I live and work right by it.
It can be hit or miss, but I've found some great stuff there and their prices for older stuff are pretty fair. Used PS3 games are way overpriced though. I try to hit it once every week or every other week since their inventory turns over so rapidly. In fact I'll probably go there on my lunch break today. I've never traded anything in there so I can't comment on that.

FYI: Circuit City (Westside - Madison) has the Halo 3 headsets and custom controllers (with a little Master Chief figure) out on the shelves. I haven't seen these at retail yet.

Anyone gonna be at BB madison for midnight halo3? I hate any camps there as the townies flock to that shit. I got tons of rewardzone to use and might as well try to get some free crap, so i will prolly be there.

^ Had no idea BB was doing midnight launch. Is the eastside doing one too? I think I'll hop on the free points card if they are

Found some great deals over the weekend at East Side Kmart. Probably on west side also. Been keeping an eye on prices for about 2 weeks, and they final dropped prices again. Picked up Kameo (7.00) and Just Cause-360 (12.00)

Other games I saw for 360:
Superman - 10.00
Quake 4 - 10.00
Gun - 10.00
Moto GP - 10.00
Tony Hawk 4? (the pink cover) - 10.00

They had a ton of other games for xbox, gamecube, ps2 on cleareance as well.

It's located on Main street next to the Rogan shoe store. you probably didn't notice it because its pretty dead there, walmart is just a few miles down the road.

[quote name='Squall835']If anyone is interested, I was at the Target in Oshkosh yesterday and they had some Wiis available.[/quote]

Holy fuck. I didn't think anyone from Oshkosh was on CAG!

[quote name='Mattte']^ Whats this east side Kmart you speak of?!

I haven't seen one in the year I've been down here.[/QUOTE]

He's not talking about Madison. All the Madison Kmarts closed years ago.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is there a good Milwaukee store to buy "classic" (NES, SNES, N64, etc) games? (Price- and availability-wise).

[quote name='Plat']Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is there a good Milwaukee store to buy "classic" (NES, SNES, N64, etc) games? (Price- and availability-wise).[/quote]

If anything I would say "Record Head" on like 71st and Greenfield Ave... im not exactly sure of how extensive there classic gaming section is but they do have them and things are pretty fair priced..

Other than that place I would also like to know of any other places like that

Posted by me in the Halo3 launch thread:
"Called the BB in West Madison. They said they have hats and shirts for first come first served. A rumor of the 25 chairs but they hadnt seen any. They are going to have all teh accessorie stuff availible. They couldnt say about their pre-order to received numbers."

A friend and I will be showing up sometime after work. Hes got a pre-order for limited and Im in for the regular so it doesnt really matter what time. Im looking for syringes to shoot GameFuel up with. *sarcasm* I think im more excited for the game to drop so I dont have to hear about it in every fucking media outlet.

[quote name='coltcannon']Posted by me in the Halo3 launch thread:
"Called the BB in West Madison. They said they have hats and shirts for first come first served. A rumor of the 25 chairs but they hadnt seen any. They are going to have all teh accessorie stuff availible. They couldnt say about their pre-order to received numbers."

A friend and I will be showing up sometime after work. Hes got a pre-order for limited and Im in for the regular so it doesnt really matter what time. Im looking for syringes to shoot GameFuel up with. *sarcasm* I think im more excited for the game to drop so I dont have to hear about it in every fucking media outlet.[/quote]

sweet, i'll see you there, man ^_^. I was planning on stopping by after work tomorrow to see if there were any people lined up.

I wonder if we'll have to wait outside the whole damn time before they "open" up at midnight, or if they'll be nice and have a spot picked out inside the store after closing..

it looks like it's supposed to start raining around 10pm, so you might want to bring an umbrella just in case.

Im fully prepared and supportive of it raining. Will make the rediculous fact of waiting for it fully highlighted. Why is it i find it entertaining to waste my time for stuff like this? Its not like im even a huge halo fan, i just like camping.

[quote name='coltcannon']Im fully prepared and supportive of it raining. Will make the rediculous fact of waiting for it fully highlighted. Why is it i find it entertaining to waste my time for stuff like this? Its not like im even a huge halo fan, i just like camping.[/quote]
heh.. same here, actually. Not a halo fan, but i am a fan of video game related events. (and free stuff)

[quote name='dyreschlock']heh.. same here, actually. Not a halo fan, but i am a fan of video game related events. (and free stuff)[/quote]

Wow so you guys are going to blow possibly $60 on the game and camp out for hours with no sure bet you will get any freebies seeing they are usually limited?

Wow lol.....

$60 no, $20 in RZ
Hours no, maybe an hour at max. I could careless about tshirts and inflatable chairs. I just love the rediculiousness of the whole thing, esp if it rains.

[quote name='coltcannon']$60 no, $20 in RZ
Hours no, maybe an hour at max. I could careless about tshirts and inflatable chairs. I just love the rediculiousness of the whole thing, esp if it rains.[/quote]

LOL well after camping with my brother off and on for his PS2 at launch and then standing 3 hours in line for Gamecube launch only to be first inline of 5 people lol for that I just dont have it in me anymore.. the only time I will do any kind of camping or standing around will be if they have something on Black Friday I want...

Well have fun with that and be sure to report back the details of the madness and keep a tally on the "Oh my God I got it" and the random chants of "halo" you hear lol...

bah.. that's no fun. hanging out in line gives you a good chance to meet a bunch of people you know will be playing the game and live around the same area as you. Hopefully you Xbox guys won't be too proud to bring your DSes for some Pacman Vs. or Tetris multiplayer.

For me, not being a fan of Halo, the big pull is the online co-op, so i'll be able to play the game with my pal in the military.. i have fond memories of playing Goldeneye with him back in the day before he joined the military, and now that he's gotten into 360, it'll be great to play along-side him despite across the states.

someone posted a $260 360 premium, refurbed by MS with the new heatsink, on craigslist. I was *this* close to getting it, but I need to wait until NG2 comes out. can't spend $320 on essentially one game (with scattered arcade titles.)

Have fun at the midnight openings tonight. I have to wake up too early. Staying up past midnight on a weekday is out of the question unfortunately.

My exciting Halo 3 launch event will be waltzing into Circuit City (or wherever) tomorrow during lunch and picking it up.

Two others and me were at the end of the sidewalk when we got there at 10. I got a little drunk testing out my friends new keg-o-rator and they talked me into going that early. One dude with us just walked through and got a shirt, didnt buy anything. I was surprised how many people were still outside when I was leaving.

[quote name='coltcannon']Two others and me were at the end of the sidewalk when we got there at 10. I got a little drunk testing out my friends new keg-o-rator and they talked me into going that early. One dude with us just walked through and got a shirt, didnt buy anything. I was surprised how many people were still outside when I was leaving.[/quote]

Sounds fun..... so did you buy the more expensive pre-scratched copy that has microsofts commitment to quality products label? I still can't believe they have people paying for a game at those prices with games they knew were not in the cases right.... Hey get it out the door and make the dollar worry about the problems later... kind sounds like the idea they had behind the 360...

oh yeah almost forgot you ever see the movie "Accepted" lol you look like the rocker guy that was delivering kegs in the movie lol..

Circuit City (Westside - Madison) still has the free "wall scroll" if you buy Halo 3 there. I picked up the regular edition (no scratches thank you).

My friend had the scratched edition pre-ordered, I just got the normal for 42$ after my RZ. I wish the normal edition had a fun name like cat helmet edition or the scratched edition.

[quote name='coltcannon']My friend had the scratched edition pre-ordered, I just got the normal for 42$ after my RZ. I wish the normal edition had a fun name like cat helmet edition or the scratched edition.[/quote]

was his actually damaged? my limited edition disc works just fine, and only had a few cosmetic scratches.

I really should've just gotten the regular edition though.. the limited one feels so cheap, and you really don't get much more.

[quote name='dyreschlock']was his actually damaged? my limited edition disc works just fine, and only had a few cosmetic scratches.

I really should've just gotten the regular edition though.. the limited one feels so cheap, and you really don't get much more.[/quote]

His was not scratched at all.

PrePlayed (Eastside - Madison) has a used Microsoft brand 360 wireless router adapter for $60. That is a fucking steal. It's under the glass with the 360 accessories.

Friend just passed an email off to me (he works at Shopko). If you sign up here: http://www.shopko.com/myfriends/ they'll apparantly send you a 20% coupon.

In the past they've done 20% off for employees only, and everything was fair game, so thats $100 off a PS3 if you're lookin for one.

[quote name='Mattte']Friend just passed an email off to me (he works at Shopko). If you sign up here: http://www.shopko.com/myfriends/ they'll apparantly send you a 20% coupon.

In the past they've done 20% off for employees only, and everything was fair game, so thats $100 off a PS3 if you're lookin for one.[/quote]Thank you. That's a very nice coupon.

[quote name='khaos2639']Anyone know of any good deals in the Green Bay area???[/quote]
Hollywood Video on Webster is 50% off new/used games. Pretty much picked over, but you never know.
Shopko has a pile of clearance games for PS2/XBox/GCN. Selection varies by store.
Got Mario Strikers Charged from Family Video on Webster this weekend, for $20 complete. Mario Party 5 for $8 complete. I didn't see any other copies, but you might watch for other Wii games dropping.

bread's done
Back