Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='psunami']Walmart - West Madison had two copies of Odama yesterday for $10 bucks in their "clearance" section. Not a bad price for that.[/quote]

Still there as of today. Also to clarify, this is in the small clearance section in the video game isle in electronics. In the $20 bin was LoZ: Twilight Princess (Gamecube). I didn't look hard, but only saw one. Finally, the DS packs of EBA and ds accessories were perhaps ~$15. The rack said 15, and the box I think said 20. I don't know, but thought I would mention it.

Also, West side Madison Target has Lego Star Wars II: Original Saga for $9.98 on both original xbox and xbox 360. There were some other 9.98 games, none that struck me as a great find.

[quote name='mcelfour']Still there as of today. Also to clarify, this is in the small clearance section in the video game isle in electronics. In the $20 bin was LoZ: Twilight Princess (Gamecube). I didn't look hard, but only saw one. Finally, the DS packs of EBA and ds accessories were perhaps ~$15. The rack said 15, and the box I think said 20. I don't know, but thought I would mention it.

Also, West side Madison Target has Lego Star Wars II: Original Saga for $9.98 on both original xbox and xbox 360. There were some other 9.98 games, none that struck me as a great find.[/quote]
Well f**k me, why do these deals always have to be at the west side locations? :roll:
East-siders UNITE!!!

[quote name='psunami']Huh... missed the Lego Star Wars title there. I'll have to stop in and pick that up tomorrow at lunch.[/quote]

They're in the isle with all the extra games (not the usual locked game area) way down on the bottom. They'd be easy to miss.

if anyone is looking, the target by former northridge mall in milw. had copies of blue dragon at the 14.99 price

[quote name='mcelfour']They're in the isle with all the extra games (not the usual locked game area) way down on the bottom. They'd be easy to miss.[/QUOTE]

For the life of me, I couldn't find those games. Maybe they're gone...

Oh, well. Being in that Walmart just made me feel dirty all over.

[quote name='psunami']For the life of me, I couldn't find those games. Maybe they're gone...

Oh, well. Being in that Walmart just made me feel dirty all over.[/QUOTE]

Which games were you looking for?

Lego Star Wars = Target
Other stuff I posted about= Walmart.

LOL and you're right on the walmart scuzzy feeling!

Anyone know a good place to get a good deal on the guitar hero 3 bundle for 360? I live up in the Green Bay/Appleton area, but next Tuesday I'll be down in Madison, so that area is also an option. Whats the best price anyone's seen lately?

I'm looking to fill out my SMT collection (Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2). Price isn't a huge issue but the cheapo in me wonders if I can do better than Ebay prices in and around the Milwaukee area.

Also looking for PC games, well 1. I haven't really found any good stores beyond Gamestops, and especially nothing for PC. I would like to find a new/lightly used copy of Planescape Torment and possibly some other PC games I once had. I just haven't seen a good store for PC games in some time.

FYI, the K-Mart in Green Bay East has a number of small "universal remotes" for the slim PS2 and XBox 360. $1.50 each, including AAA batteries.

Also had a few Intec PS2 multitaps for $1.50

[quote name='Nakilos']I'm looking to fill out my SMT collection (Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2). Price isn't a huge issue but the cheapo in me wonders if I can do better than Ebay prices in and around the Milwaukee area.

Also looking for PC games, well 1. I haven't really found any good stores beyond Gamestops, and especially nothing for PC. I would like to find a new/lightly used copy of Planescape Torment and possibly some other PC games I once had. I just haven't seen a good store for PC games in some time.[/quote]

Good luck on finding any SMT games around milwaukee... My bother on the other hand is selling a bunch of PC games

Oddly, I was able to get Persona 3 on release day no problem, was stocked pretty much everywhere. I can only find Devil Summoner, and its at basically every Gamestop between Gurnee and Milwaukee in the $14-29 range usually.

[quote name='Nakilos']Oddly, I was able to get Persona 3 on release day no problem, was stocked pretty much everywhere. I can only find Devil Summoner, and its at basically every Gamestop between Gurnee and Milwaukee in the $14-29 range usually.[/quote]

Yeah Devil Summoner is the most common one, but in the Milwaukee area good luck finding anything DDS or Nocturne seeing the ebay rates went up the sellers snagged them all.

PM me and give me a rough idea of what are you are in.

Hey guys!

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.

[quote name='daroga']Hey guys!

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'd be interested in knowing about something like that in Wisconsin! I might have to move there! ;)

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.[/quote]

Sorry, but you're SOL on that...unless you consider Chuck E. Cheese to be a competitor to D&B or Gameworks:roll:

[quote name='mcelfour']Hell, I'd be interested in knowing about something like that in Wisconsin! I might have to move there! ;)[/quote]

Well...there was talk about putting a Gameworks in a new retail development on the site of the former Pabst brewery on the NW corner of downtown Milwaukee.

But that talk has been around for the past 5 years, so it'll prolly never happen.

Google 'Pabst Brewery development Milwaukee' and see what's up...

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to The Safe House? A different kind of fun from Dave & Busters, but still a good thing to do while your Dad's in town.

http://www.safe-house.com/

Does anyone know of a place like Dave & Busters or GameWorks (restaurant and bar meets an arcade) in the Milwaukee area? My Dad's coming into town this weekend and something like that would be fun.[/quote]
There are no Dave & Busters or Gameworks in the state of Wisconsin.
You could try The Mineshaft in Hartford 25 miles north/west of Milwaukee. Although I'm not sure if you can bring drinks into the arcade, and I think it's more of a family oriented place.
Or like someone else suggested, there is the arcade in Landmark Lanes. More of a college-age/drinking crowd in that area.
Oh, and to the other poster, the Gameworks/Pabst City proposition is dead & buried my friend. Even before they dumped the whole Pabst City plan, the Gameworks plan was the first to go.

[quote name='seanw']Have you ever been to The Safe House? A different kind of fun from Dave & Busters, but still a good thing to do while your Dad's in town.

http://www.safe-house.com/[/quote]I'll second this suggestion. Not an arcade, but a really cool place. If you go, make sure you check out the entire place. There are some really neat things hidden around.

[quote name='SRW1000']I'll second this suggestion. Not an arcade, but a really cool place. If you go, make sure you check out the entire place. There are some really neat things hidden around.[/QUOTE]

I like the Safe House a lot, but I wouldn't even consider it a replacement for Dave and Busters or something similar. That said, yes, it is cool and I do recommend it. But it's a bar, just a bar, know that going in.

Saw Eye Toy Kinetic on clearance at CC - West in Madison tonight for $8.96.

Also saw a few clearance games at the West Shopko as well. Ape Escape for PSP for $1.99, Genji for the PS2, Eye Toy Operation Spy (PS2) for $1.99 as well. Those were still there when I left.

[quote name='psunami']Saw Eye Toy Kinetic on clearance at CC - West in Madison tonight for $8.96.

Also saw a few clearance games at the West Shopko as well. Ape Escape for PSP for $1.99, Genji for the PS2, Eye Toy Operation Spy (PS2) for $1.99 as well. Those were still there when I left.[/quote]

Ha ha screw you and those shopko's I think the one I would have to go to is WEst Bend? Which is like 30 mins from me. Man I would love to get one of those Ape Escapes for $2 ;)

[quote name='Derrick1979']Ha ha screw you and those shopko's I think the one I would have to go to is WEst Bend? Which is like 30 mins from me. Man I would love to get one of those Ape Escapes for $2 ;)[/quote]

Derrick don't hate. There is a Shopko in Grafton, which is a bit less than 30 min, I think....

Anyway if you're up for a drive, there are about a dozen Shopkos within an hour's drive of Milwaukee,
i used to hit these up about once a month when I lived in Milwaukee

Kenosha and Racine to the south

Delavan, and Fort Atkinson to the SW

Grafton and Sheboygan to the N/NE

West Bend, Fond Du Lac and Oshkosh to the N/NW

Watertown to the west

But...with gas at $3.50 a gallon, it aint worth it

Walmart West (Madison) has several PS3 Dualshock 3 controllers in stock. The best part...$49.92 each. For those that are keeping track, that's $5 cheaper than everywhere else.

Green Bay Shopko on Military has ~7+ e-Readers (new in box) for... $39.99. I'd like one, but hopefully for a few dollars less.

Also, the Video Game Kingdom is closing up their B&M shop (to become an online store). N64, PSX and Genesis games are 50% off, but there isn't much to pick from anymore. Opened on the weekends through April, I believe.

[quote name='Plat']Green Bay Shopko on Military has ~7+ e-Readers (new in box) for... $39.99. I'd like one, but hopefully for a few dollars less.[/quote]

If you don't mind getting it used, GS/EB usually has them ubercheap. I used to see 'em in Madison for like $3.

[quote name='manthing']Derrick don't hate. There is a Shopko in Grafton, which is a bit less than 30 min, I think....

Anyway if you're up for a drive, there are about a dozen Shopkos within an hour's drive of Milwaukee,
i used to hit these up about once a month when I lived in Milwaukee

Kenosha and Racine to the south

Delavan, and Fort Atkinson to the SW

Grafton and Sheboygan to the N/NE

West Bend, Fond Du Lac and Oshkosh to the N/NW

Watertown to the west

But...with gas at $3.50 a gallon, it aint worth it[/quote]

Yeah you said it right on the dot with $3.50 gas... I thought your little Prius got good gas lol :lol:

[quote name='Derrick1979'] I thought your little Prius got good gas lol :lol:[/quote]

I don't own a Prius. I own
the car most hated by gamers...a Yaris
;)

Wife wants a Wii, I know about the tracker sites. I'm just curious if there is anywhere kind of off the beaten path that might have them in and around SE WI.

Figured I'd post since I'm not having any luck, not that I've looked very long!

I had some friends that got lucky with American in Madison, as most people don't think of think of them as a place to buy games hardware.

I was just in West side Madison TRU like...two days ago, and they had a sign up about when they would get some in or something, but I can't remember when it said. Seems to me it might have said 4/20 they'd have some Wiis coming in.

[quote name='manthing']I don't own a Prius. I own
the car most hated by gamers...a Yaris
;)[/quote]

Ha ha whats the difference?> I need a new fuel filter on my car, I was smart to buy a car with a 3.4 V6 that sucks gas to begin with and now it's terrible.

Was at a local Walfart with my brother because he was buying motor oil and what not and they had a huge dump bin with games listed as 19.98 your choice..

Well there were a ton of GBA games in crushed boxes and lots of PSP games and after scanning a handfull there were prices all over the board....

"See Associate"

So I told him it may be worth digging around in there because your bound ot run into some deals...

[quote name='Nakilos']Wife wants a Wii, I know about the tracker sites. I'm just curious if there is anywhere kind of off the beaten path that might have them in and around SE WI.

Figured I'd post since I'm not having any luck, not that I've looked very long![/quote]

There were 3 at Walmart in Monroe Tuesday night, maybe try giving your local walmart a call.

For those of you interested, when I stopped in at the West Madison TRU today, they had a few copies of Jeanne D'Arc, Blazing Angels 2, and a few others from the latest TRU clearance still in stock. Didn't see any Blue Dragon's but I might have gotten that last of that on Saturday.

Anyone know where I can pick up a Dreamcast around the Madison area? I've been feeling the need to finally replace mine since the disc drive starting dying.

I'd think that the best places to go would either be Preplayed or Video Game Exchange.

In fact, I think these are the only places, other than pawn shops to pick up older systems in Madison right now.

Thanks. I'll have to give make a couple calls before I make the drive out there. I just struck out at the only places I knew of around the Waukesha area I know of today that would carry them so I'm hoping I can have better luck heading west. I need a good Soul Calibur fix, and 2 and 3 just aren't gonna do it for me.

Guitar Hero II bundle for the 360 is $31.99 at the West Madison Best Buy. Priced at $47.99 on the shelf. I saw at least 3 or 4 more when I left.

[quote name='psunami']Guitar Hero II bundle for the 360 is $31.99 at the West Madison Best Buy. Priced at $47.99 on the shelf. I saw at least 3 or 4 more when I left.[/quote]
Can anyone offer a price quote on the East Madison BB? I've been waiting for it to get down to that price point in our area ever since I read of the $29.99 clearance at the Brooklyn Park, MN BB.
For a while the West Madison BB was selling them for $79.99 while East Madison BB was selling them for $59.99. The East Madison BB at that point had over a hundred of them stacked in various parts of the store.
I couldn't get them to match the price of a BB in another state, but if the East Madison BB isn't selling them for $31.99 maybe I can get them to price match a BB in the same city.
I may have to check in with them today.

Nevermind. Same deal at East Madison Best Buy. Marked at $47.99 but rings up at $31.99. East Madison BB has stacks upon stacks of them left. Great deal, thanks for the heads up on the price change.

Tons of GH3 faceplates for $3.74 at the West Madison Target still. I'm guessing they'll go to 90% now as there are still a ton left.

Also, DS headsets for $3.74 and tons of PSP accessories from Psyclone.

Yep, GH3 faceplates for the 360/PS3 version.

I picked up the USB charging cable for the PSP (Charging from a laptop/PC, etc.)

They had a few other PSP 2000 accessories, but since I don't have one, I didn't pay them much mind.

Anyone find GTA4 anywhere?

I'm gonna go check out Sears today...got GHIII a week early from there so I'm hoping to get lucky again.

Never even thought to look for GTA4 early. I guess that the chances of that sneaking out for sale early are as good as for any other title.

bread's done
Back