Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

It all depends on who is doing those midnight launch hype events... some of the smaller less traveled stores with older people working in the Electronics area may make the honest mistake of stocking it... I would assume just about every big retail store already has its shipment of them just sitting in back.

They have it for $14 something (an actual clearance price) at the Fitchburg Target.

I almost picked it up the other day. Figured I would wait for 75%. If I don't get it... no biggy.

The Target in Milwaukee on Miller Parkway just south of Miller Park had 4 PS3 Orange Boxes for $29.99, 2 360 PGR4s for 14.99, and a PS2 High School Musical Sing It! for 19.99. I picked up a pair of Master Chief vinyl wall art for $3.74 each.

Rich

[quote name='WiiNet']West side Target has it on one for $14-something too. It's somewhere in the back of the electronics.[/quote]
Man, the east side Target always gets the shaft on clearance items :cry:
No Ghost Squad there.

So how long has the Video Game Exchange been closed on the Westside of Madison? I went to Exclusive Co. yesterday and noticed the VGE was completely empty. Is there still an Eastside store?

I had no idea it was closed.

I haven't stopped at the East side one in forever. I guess Preplayed was stealing the lion share of their business.

Crazy.

Price drops at Super Target in Fitchburg.

NCAA 08 PS3 - $9.98
Lair PS3 - $14.98
NBA 08 PS3 - $14.98
Simpsons PS3 - $24.98 (Tough to swallow as Amazon has it with free shipping for $29.99)
Nascar 08 PS3 - $29.98
Kane and Lynch PS3 - $29.98
The Club - $29.98

Lots of PS3 games if people are interested.

[quote name='psunami']Price drops at Super Target in Fitchburg.
Simpsons PS3 - $24.98 (Tough to swallow as Amazon has it with free shipping for $29.99)
[/quote]

just use the 5 buck off coupon and get it for 20. i did. coupon works like a charm

Remember to poke your nose in Half-Price Books locations when you see them. They tend to price their video games across the board: 360/Wii/PS3 $19.99 if it looks newer, $14.99 if it looks older. I've been finding pretty rare PC titles for $1.99-$2.99 in the boxless/jewelcase only section.

Plus they have these neat Battling Bush inflatable toys! $2.98 for the mini, $8.99 for the kid sized.

minibush200.jpg

I have been in the half Priced books your talking about. I find some console games from time to time that are cheap, do you know if they still had the copy of Kingdom Under Fire:Crusade there for Xbox?

Was in the Monroe Wal-mart over lunch and they had a Wii on the shelf, if anyone is still looking.

Also saw quite a few Guitar Hero II bundles at East Towne BB for... $16... and I thought I got mine for a steal at $60!

Wow. I wonder if I still have my receipt for the GHII bundle. That's a good chunk of cash to make back.

Just bought it a few weeks back.

I don't recall if we discussed this in this thread or not, but I always stick them inside the game's case. If you're buying multiple games on a single trip, ask for duplicate receipts.

I think that would be a reminder that I spent that much on a game... also, I don't open half of the games I buy. It's a dirty, dirty habit.

[quote name='Wazootyman']Was in the Monroe Wal-mart over lunch and they had a Wii on the shelf, if anyone is still looking.

Also saw quite a few Guitar Hero II bundles at East Towne BB for... $16... and I thought I got mine for a steal at $60![/quote]

Is that the PS2 version or the 360 version?

driving from milwaukee to green bay today. dropped by BB near mayfair mall and they had the GHII Bundle (360) for 15.99 (only 2 left). stopped again at sheboygan BB and they had them for 23.99 (tons of them).

[quote name='deletion']driving from milwaukee to green bay today. dropped by BB near mayfair mall and they had the GHII Bundle (360) for 15.99 (only 2 left). stopped again at sheboygan BB and they had them for 23.99 (tons of them).[/quote]

Wow you got lucky that BB is usually raped clean of any deals. My brother used to work there and one of the managers was a hard core gamer and would snatch everything up.

Today there were Wii's at west side Madison Target.

Also, ~9 Gamecubes for $49.xx, if anyone wants a gamecube. I'll perhaps watch to see if they get uber cheap for trading. Probably not though.

Nice to see Wii's starting to appear in stores. Only took 18 months to keep up with demand... and with Wii Fit coming out tomorrow, they'll all be gone again for a while.

[quote name='psunami']Nice to see Wii's starting to appear in stores. Only took 18 months to keep up with demand... and with Wii Fit coming out tomorrow, they'll all be gone again for a while.[/quote]

I dont know im not to sure many people would want to invite friends over especially women to try wii fit and be called fat.. ;)

My wife was able to get Wii Fit at the Super Target in Fitchburg, showing up just as the store opened. Hopefully supply issues won't be as bad as people were thinking they might be.

I got a Wii Fit at W. Best Buy then went to regular W. Target around 10:30 (they open at 8) and they still had about 8-10. Target also had Wiis.

[quote name='WiiNet']I got a Wii Fit at W. Best Buy then went to regular W. Target around 10:30 (they open at 8) and they still had about 8-10. Target also had Wiis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I stopped in at lunch yesterday (Wednesday) and was surprised to see 3 Wii's on the shelf.

Just wanted to post this:

To anyone that might be in the Delafield area the Bestbuy there had 3 Guitar Hero II 360 bundles by the checkout area for $24.99

[quote name='dkreegz515']anyone know if the targets in wisconsin will have the Xbox Microsoft points cards for 14.99... this next week[/quote]

it's in this weeks ad, so i'm pretty sure they will.

Wii Fits sold out on saturday in 20 min, they had 13... i got there just after open for the XBL 1600 point cards..

does anyone know if best buy would do a pm on gh2 bundle. got mine for 20.99 but since mayfair has it for 16.50. i want the difference since i picked up a couple of them

[quote name='munn3yxiong']does anyone know if best buy would do a pm on gh2 bundle. got mine for 20.99 but since mayfair has it for 16.50. i want the difference since i picked up a couple of them[/QUOTE]

I think their pricematch policy excludes clearance items, but it's worth a shot. Since the difference between the other price and what you paid is not that much, it might not raise any flags for the customer service rep.

I'm thinking about picking up an HD DVD player since I need a nice upconverting DVD player and can get HD for like $10 more.

Anyone know anywhere to pick up cheap HD DVDs?

[quote name='WiiNet']I'm thinking about picking up an HD DVD player since I need a nice upconverting DVD player and can get HD for like $10 more.

Anyone know anywhere to pick up cheap HD DVDs?[/quote]

Not local, but the prices seem pretty good here.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/inetvideocom/

Works out to $8.50 a disc shipped.

I placed two orders over the weekend, received shipping confirmation, they haven't come yet, will let you know if they're good.

I'll confirm what wazootyman said, I was able to order 10 disks from them and have shipping confirmation on both. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

[quote name='xycury']Anyone find any clearanced GBA Micros for 29???

from this thread.. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4411669#post4411669

I've yet to find one... I live in the SW corner but can get to madison any time.....

Thanks for anyone looking.[/quote]

I looked earlier, but didn't see any at Westside Madison. They'd had one in Dec still at $70-90 in the case. I didn't ask about it.

I finally caved in January and got one for like $50 from shopko on clearance. They're all gone there too, I think. You could use the $10 off used system coupon at EB/Gamestop. They're supposed to have them at the Prairie Town Center GS or in the East Towne mall. They'd be $25 used. LINK.

[quote name='mcelfour']I looked earlier, but didn't see any at Westside Madison. They'd had one in Dec still at $70-90 in the case. I didn't ask about it.

I finally caved in January and got one for like $50 from shopko on clearance. They're all gone there too, I think. You could use the $10 off used system coupon at EB/Gamestop. They're supposed to have them at the Prairie Town Center GS or in the East Towne mall. They'd be $25 used. LINK.[/quote]

Thanks Mcelfour. Unfortunately since I'm going on monday June 2nd, the coupon expires by then. I would have went today and yeah, Prairie Town would be the one I'd go, I checked online and they stated this one had one.... BUT... the wife won't let me.. plus it's Lost on tonight...

I'll just keep looking.

[quote name='xycury']Anyone find any clearanced GBA Micros for 29???

from this thread.. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4411669#post4411669

I've yet to find one... I live in the SW corner but can get to madison any time.....

Thanks for anyone looking.[/quote]

you might want to try out target. i picked one up about a week ago in green bay clearanced for 39.xx but was able to use the $5 off coupon (so 36.xx something in the end). i still thought it was a little much, but after i played it, it's well worth the money.

[quote name='heyman']Hey munn3yxiong
Are you hmong? I am. It's cool if you are hmong. [/quote]

yo. me 2. - hmoob vaj. good seeing you on here!

[quote name='heyman']Didn't know there's alot of hmong gamers here.[/quote]

hey we should play on live one of these days!

bread's done
Back