Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

Hollywood Video in Appleton down to 70% off games--so says my buddy who got Indigo Prophecy for 2 bucks and change. Apparently they got new inventory from some other stores so there's a ton more stuff there. Will go and check it out probably tomorrow.

Movie Gallery in Stoughton closes Sunday. Blu-Rays are $4, DVDs are 6 for $10. They've gotten a lot of stock over the course of their closing from other Movie Galleries in the area. Games, new and used, are 70% off but their current-gen selection is horrible. (But if you're shopping for Xbox, PS2, Cube, they've got a lot.)

In the Movie Gallery closing thread, someone else mentioned that on the last day of that store's closing things went 20 for $10. This story closes Sunday; if anyone thinks they might go, let me know -- there are a few things I would pay ~$1 for to help someone round out a 20-item purchase.

Here is the Northeast Wisconsin Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery Closing List:

Green Bay (Mason) 80% off, they close their doors March 31
De Pere 30% off everything in the store, tons of stuff left
Appleton 70% off everything, got new stock in but close the 29th
Oshkosh (Koeller) 70% off but the manager said not a lot of stuff left, do not make a special trip
Oshkosh (Jackson) 30% off game vault games
Fond Du Lac 20% off older games
Kiel 30% off everything
Marinette 20% off everything

I have been to a few of these locations but sadly don't have the gas money to go to all of these. If anyone goes and has more info, please post!

Correction: Hollywood on Mason closes TOMORROW. I went by there today and all the games are 80% off. There is seriously NOTHING but old sports games. I wouldn't bother going for games. DVDs, however, are 99 cents. I got a couple seasons of shows that go for like 30 bucks used on Amazon for only 5 bucks. Not bad. They still have a TON of DVDs left. I assume, however, most will be gone by tonight. It was packed when I went. Insanely long lines + crying children = not worth it for the most part.

I thought Fond Du Lac was staying open. so much for holding off on my broken 360 RROD warranty expires Nov and I was hoping to get a newly replaced one before the end of the year if one of the GCs around here still stayed open till then. hmmm, someone grabbed the only Persona 4 guide in Oshkosh HWV/GC that I wanted when I checked this afternoon. I overheard some empolyees talk about them having a list of when the drop dates are and keeping some of the gems to themself. son of a ***, o well, they are the ones who are losing their current jobs tho

thanks for the info llm962, appreciated

Yeah, apparently the people in Fond Du Lac just found out they were losing their jobs. I went to the Appleton one again today--apparently tomorrow is the absolute last day. Someone came in and cleared out whatever games they had left. Also apparently they have had a TON of theft there so maybe that's it, too. They're at 80% now--maybe tomorrow they'll go to 90% but there's really nothing good left. If you're talking about the Oshkosh on Koeller (sp?) those guys are real jackasses and it doesn't surprise me that they hoard games for themselves.

Does anyone know how much the discount is over at the Stevens Point location? Has anyone been there? Is it worth making the trip?

I don't know about Stevens Point--I think they have been closing for a while now but I could be wrong. Give them a call. The Hollywoods I've called have been pretty honest about how much stuff they have out and they'll tell you the percentage off. My experience with the three I've gone to has been that they are very motivated to sell. I've gotten amazing deals every time I've gone.

The Cudahy, Racine, Kenosha Hollywood Videos/Gamecrazy stores are closing too currently. The first 2 are at 20% off basically everything, its blanket 20% at GC, varies slightly at Hollywood. Still a lot of stuff at all 3, the Kenosha ones do not start until probably next week since they were informed about the closing today.

If you want to find newer games, check Kenosha since they aren't liquidating quite yet you might find some deals. The more popular/newer games get shipped to non closing stores before liquidation.

But truthfully just shop at any of them, 20% off is good savings on a lot of things and the way the liquidations are run is if sales are not good they will close the store and ship out product to other stores and not further discount at those locations.

[quote name='Nakilos']The Cudahy, Racine, Kenosha Hollywood Videos/Gamecrazy stores are closing too currently. The first 2 are at 20% off basically everything, its blanket 20% at GC, varies slightly at Hollywood. Still a lot of stuff at all 3, the Kenosha ones do not start until probably next week since they were informed about the closing today.

If you want to find newer games, check Kenosha since they aren't liquidating quite yet you might find some deals. The more popular/newer games get shipped to non closing stores before liquidation.

But truthfully just shop at any of them, 20% off is good savings on a lot of things and the way the liquidations are run is if sales are not good they will close the store and ship out product to other stores and not further discount at those locations.[/QUOTE]

The Kenosha one is closing? Interesting... hopefully the Gamecrazy attached stays alive. Thanks for the info though I appreciate it, I plan on checking out the Racine store soon.

No, the Gamecrazy is closing. They don't close the video side and keep the Gamecrazy typically, and I know for certain both sides are closing regardless.

[quote name='Nakilos']No, the Gamecrazy is closing. They don't close the video side and keep the Gamecrazy typically, and I know for certain both sides are closing regardless.[/QUOTE]

What?! The next closest actual game store is Gamestop 20 minutes away in Racine... that's some bull.

Does that mean Gamecrazy will also being having a storewide sale? While I'm sad by this news as I knew a few of the employees there, I guess I benefit from this if they do in fact have a sale.

OK, big update on browndeer area activity. All of these are 360 games. I didn't really look at PS3 but there wasn't much of anything at either BBV. These prices are calculated from what I remember them being so don't get angry if one or two are a couple of bucks off.

First, the good hope Blockbuster had very little left, and pretty much nothing with the artwork but here is a quick list of some of the more notable titles they had as of today:
All Games are 40% (sale price listed) and had no artwork:
Darksiders for $30 after discount
COD: WaW for $15
Bionic Command for $6
Terminator Salvation for $6

One copy of Guitar Hero Smash Hits with artwork for $15

Game Guides were 50% putting them all around $10

Browndeer Blockbuster had games at 40% off as well, and all had their artwork:
Borderlands (2 copies when Iwas there) for $30
Halo ODST for $14
Wolfenstein (2 copies left) for $14

Game Guides were 50% putting them all around $10

Also the Best Buy at North Point had the following on clearance (located up front by registers):
Call of Juarez for $20
Chroniclesof Riddick for $15
Saints Row for $10
A few other titles, including a few Wii games in this range but nothing else really stood out.

Regular Blockbuster is having a BOGO 14.99 and under as I discovered today when I went to the one in Neenah--got tons of games!!!

[quote name='llm962']went to both blockbusters in green bay today--didn't go too crazy. still TONS of games left.[/QUOTE]

Eternal Sonata or Folklore perhaps? How bout shipping one of those to Kenosha for me haha.

I'm from st francis. The blockbuster by my house doesn't have any good cheap games left. I saw alone in the dark for $10 but they would have to pay me to take the game.

i didnt see folklore or eternal sonata while i was out--not into those titles anyway. my best score was new super mario bros for ds for 5 bucks. also picked up phantom hourglass for ds and mario super sluggers for wii

I got these at local Blockbusters:

Okami (Wii)
Smash Brothers (Wii)
Far cry 2 (Ps3)
Red Faction (Ps3)

Did see 2 copies of Folklore but they both were missing manuals

Thanks for all the info on this deal at Blockbuster. I'll have to try and hit a few today while I'm running around.

Not sure how the Madison stores stack up to the Milwaukee ones, but I'll let you all know.

Thanks for mentioning the B1G1 as I hadn't seen the Blockbuster thread in the video games forum. Nabbed Wanted and Hawx at the shorewood blockbuster.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Im not to sure about Mega Media but seeing how low Half Priced pays for books and movies I would'nt get my hopes up on decent TIV.

I know for sure im the type of CAG that doesnt snatch up every copy.. I may grab an extra from time to time but thats when there is a ton of something...

I just cant remember how long its been since I got any deals from the Kmarts or any of the Targets around here.. The Sears in Bayshore seems empty and Brookfield gets hit hard.... :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

I used to work for Mega Media Xchange (was called Take2 then) when I was in college. At that time, they used to offer a fair price for games, and trade-in or cash value were the same. Not sure if that helps or not... they may have changed policy, who knows. I've checked a number of Blockbusters in the Milwaukee area, but haven't seen any deals worth noting. I went to the Blockbuster in Mequon the second day of the closing to scope any 360 games, but most were cleaned out real quick!

Blockbuster in Brown Deer has Orange Box & Gears of War for 360. $14.99 each before 60% off. 9 days left, the last day for the next markdown for all 3 stores going out is Monday.

Appleton Blockbuster has nothing--when I was there some jerk hoarder was buying everything up--took everything good. He'll probably just take it to Gamestop and get credit to buy an overpriced game. Annoying.

the day I know about the sale was the day I had to work on last week Tuesday in the afternoon and when I got to Neenahs BBV, two girls were already searching and had a stack of games (maybe CAGs?). the store didn't even know that they were running it until they scaned my games when I went to pay. I was only able to pickup 2 games at that store right before work. If I had only known and gotten there an hour before. I wasen't able to get any mario wii games nor kingdom hearts ds.

BBV sales mario kart ds for $24.99 used?! wtf, I even had them price check and it's older than the majority of the DS games that they have for their B1G1

I swear everytime a Gamestop B2G1/HWV$4.99/BBV B1G1 starts I'm sleeping through the day because I have work that night and misses the deals by a day or two and is left with the crap stuffs

by the way, Oshkosh HWV is at 40% and Fundy is at 30%

i called the brown deer blockbuster yesterday and apparently they only had THREE video games left TOTAL so I didn't bother going. but i went to a blockbuster in chicago that's closing last night and completely SCORED. seriously there must be fewer cags down here!!!!!!!!

yeah i went to the oshkosh one and there really wasn't all that much. it looked pretty picked over, which is surprising considering they had just dropped to 40% the day i went. i am having much more luck down in chicago--seriously, the cags down here are lame. i just got NEW in the plastic bioshock 2 for ps3 at hollywood video for 25 dollars!!!

[quote name='llm962']my buddy says that the blockbuster off the good hope road exit shut down yesterday at 5 PM[/QUOTE] Yep, yesterday was the last day for the Glendale, Brown Deer, & Mequon BBVs.

are any others down there shutting down? where i am the blockbusters are fine, it's just the hollywood videos that are tanking

went to the movie gallery in kiel---there's not a lot of great games left. what they have is pretty worthless or scratched to s*** but they have a TON of movies left at pretty good prices. it's sort of a drive and i got lost a few times so unless you're going for movies, really not worth it. right now they're at 50% off

de pere hollywood video is closing they're at 80% swung by there a few days ago and picked up a few titles not a lot left...not worth a long drive but if you're in de pere it's probably not a bad idea to swing by

I like
Mega Media Exchange

4820 South 76th Street
Greenfield, WI 53220-4304
(414) 282-9994

and

19555 W Bluemound Rd
Janacek
Brookfield, WI 53045
(262) 432-0770

and

405 North Casaloma Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
(920) 830-9001

Not always but they have a lot to look at.

i used to work at Mega Media back in college. Last few times I've been in the selection has been pretty crappy with older, higher prices on games. I was actually pretty disappointed, since Gamestop seemed to have better deals!

[quote name='emozolik']i used to work at Mega Media back in college. Last few times I've been in the selection has been pretty crappy with older, higher prices on games. I was actually pretty disappointed, since Gamestop seemed to have better deals![/QUOTE]

They're hit or miss and vary greatly between stores. Yesterday grabbed Mirror's Edge for $8 at the one on Brady, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it still going for $15 at the 76th st one.

MMX recently opened a new store near 76th & Good Hope.

It's the former Baker's Square, across the street from the new Pick N Save/former Home Depot/former Kmart.

I stopped in once, seemed like a place to go for harder to find stuff rather than lowest price.

[quote name='klwillis45']MMX recently opened a new store near 76th & Good Hope.

It's the former Baker's Square, across the street from the new Pick N Save/former Home Depot/former Kmart.

I stopped in once, seemed like a place to go for harder to find stuff rather than lowest price.[/QUOTE]

Thats great it saves me the drive to Brookfield.

BTW if anyone is interested in Resonance of Fate, Kmart on Burliegh has a bunch of them and they ring up $37.99

Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories was 7.48 at West Side Madison Target. One left yesterday.

On a related note, I have a copy of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) for trade. Gone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emozolik']i used to work at Mega Media back in college. Last few times I've been in the selection has been pretty crappy with older, higher prices on games. I was actually pretty disappointed, since Gamestop seemed to have better deals![/QUOTE]

my last line said NOT ALWAYS but interesting to look at. Gamestop disappointments me more with the endless missing cases with the games.

bread's done
Back