Wish you kept it.

BigB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Does anyone have any regrets about things they had in the past that are now valuable today, video games or otherwise. I had Mushi and I traded it for like a dollar at EB. I had Mark McGuire's USA rookie card when I was like ten and I don't think I got anything for it. Come to think of it I had many rookie cards that would probably be worth thousands today. Who knew.

Yeah, the only games I've ever traded in were a mint Tactics Ogre and Tales of Destiny 1. I think I got $35 in credit which isn't terrible but I spent it all on MGS VR missions.:lol:

My mother made me give away my NES and all my systems when we moved my freshman year of high school. I had some damn fine games in there, including Final Fantasy, and I've pretty much been bitter about it ever since.

I had a complete copy of Final Fantasy with box and all of the manuals and even the Nintendo Power strategy guide. I traded it to some game store years ago. What a waste...I wish I had that one back.

And to the person above, why would your mother make you give away all of your video games when you moved? It seems like a pretty crazy thing to make a kid do. Its bad enough to be freshman in high school, and have to move (new school?) and then take away the kids hobby? Sounds like abuse to me. I'd be bitter too.

TBW

My Atari Jaguar.
emot-emo.gif

I know that most of the games were crappy, but I still miss Alien Vs. Predator!

[quote name='evilmregg']My mother made me give away my NES and all my systems when we moved my freshman year of high school. I had some damn fine games in there, including Final Fantasy, and I've pretty much been bitter about it ever since.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit something almost identical happened to me. My dad made me give away my NES and all my games (I uad at least 100) (I managed to hide some like Kirby's adventure and battletoads) to my cousin. Then she said it didn't work and my dad wouldn't let me ask for it back. $10 says she threw it away.

I had an Amazing Fantasy #15 that I sold for $1200 10 years ago cause I was hard up for cash. It was NM copy. I've been kicking myself in the ass for a decade over that one

[quote name='evilmregg']My mother made me give away my NES and all my systems when we moved my freshman year of high school. I had some damn fine games in there, including Final Fantasy, and I've pretty much been bitter about it ever since.[/QUOTE]

Evilmregg, we have had quite the same experience except my sister gave my NES away with most of my games and I didn't really care at the time because I had more than one I was mad because she gave away my rare Little League World Series Baseball game with it. I really liked that game because it was one of the few games my dad would actually play and enjoy. He doesn't deal with any of the newer system.

[quote name='2poor']i wish i had my pogs back. i miss my slammers.[/QUOTE]

Pogs! Man, those little bastards escaped my memory banks! Now pogs were the SHIT! :D

I traded ratchet and clank going commando to judy judy thinking i'd never play it.

A week later - there was a gaping hole in my collection.

Yeah - I bought it at circuit city last week lol.

Besides that - traded a bunch of stuff like valkyrie profile, secret of mana, illusion of gaia, secret of evermore + nes megamans for top spin tennis, ddr ultramix and halo 1 to sm04s...this was back when they were relatively expensive.

Traded in my NES and games for FF Tactics, which i never even played

also traded in intelligent cube, cuz i hated it

I threw away all my NES, SNES, GB, N64 boxes except all my Final Fantasy / SquareSoft games (FF1-3, FFL1- 2, FFA, CT, SoM, maybe a couple others) when I went to college. Come to think of it, I better find the boxes I did save before my parents throw them away... If it isn't too late.

I was a huge comic nerd when I was younger, had spiderman #1, Spawn #1,Xmen #1, Superman #1 (yes superman number 1), and green lantern #1, all originals not reprints, all lost when I moved along with a few thousand comics . I had them in a box and I guess my parents either left it or threw it out, I was so angry half my youth collecting those fuckers and lost in a day, ah well, that's the way the cookie crumbles..damn it this thread has me pissed again.. :bomb:

I think I'm more of a "why have I kept this" person than a "i should have kept it" person
Lots of things come to mind like my 2 copies of RE3 & RE2 for gc which I kept through the ebay explosion around the release of RE4

I won a copy of klonoa 2 from an IGN contest. I traded it in to make some quick cash about a month later...I've regretted it ever since.

Mark McGwire team usa cards...they were only worth about $15 in the early 90s. got rid of about 5 of them.

can't think of anything else....maybe my old He-Man figure collection. I had all the castles, the fright night kit, the slime pit kit, Moss Man, Skunkor, Blue Man Fakor, the rock guy, some robots, the Battle Damage He-man and Skeletor, and a bunch of others.

But I did have a good time melting them in various ways.

[quote name='evilmregg']I also miss my first girlfriend quite often. I wish I hadn't given her away.[/QUOTE]

I traded my first girlfriend for DOUBLE DRAGON 2 (NES), a yo-yo, and a pack of juicy fruit gum. I'd say it was a damn good trade. :D

I had all 6 original Power Rangers ginormous action figures (green/white) along with the Megazord and white megazord (forgot the name) but my parents forced me to give them to my younger cousins...........I have seen these on sale for about $70 a pop nowadays.....

I wanted to get an SNES so I tried selling my old NES games at a garage sale... I got lazy and never did it. My uncle asked if he could buy them... He gave me like $15 for about 20 games and all my accesories... This was like a week after the fact. I didn't want to say, 'hey you cheap fuck, give me a decent amount' ... but I should have.

bread's done
Back