Witcher 2 Collector's Edition - How "limited" is it?

ragingst0rm6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out exactly how "limited" the Witcher 2 Collector's Edition is; I believe that in the United States it is currently only available from Amazon at MSRP $130. That's a bit pricey for me, so I'm trying to figure out if there is enough stock so that it will get a price drop down the line. (I know that you can add 999 to your cart on Amazon, but I'm looking for a more confirmed number.)

I've been trying to dig up production numbers, but I'm having no luck (or I'm just looking in the wrong places). If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Side note: There are rumors of The Witcher 2 coming onto consoles; do you think the console versions will get a Collector's Edition as well?

I'm not sure anyone will be able to give you an official number regarding the print run for this particular edition, however, it is known that the Polish CE was limited to 10K and sold out during pre-orders. I'm sure there were plenty more produced for the US market, but it's entirely uncertain. As for the price point of $130, I agree. I had a $10 credit when I made my purchase, so it helped, but it's still a bit expensive, even for a major fan of the series.

To play "devil's advocate" though, I don't know if I'd particularly wait and risk the CE selling out again. I've seen very few listed on ebay over the past couple of weeks, and even the ones listed were the UK versions going for $200+ US dollars. So, as with any CE, it's always a gamble and you've gotta decide whether waiting for a potential price drop is worth the risk. Plus, I'd rather pay full price for the game and have the CD Projekt reap the reward (as they have created an absolutely incredible game), than pay an inflated price down the road to some Joe Schmo trying to make a quick buck off of someone looking for the CE. Just my opinion.

As I'm sure you know, too - CD Projekt Red has also been having one hell of a time dealing with all of the damaged Geralt sculpture replacements, as almost everyone who purchased the CE (including myself) opened the packaging only to discover some slight disappointment -- their sculptures had been damaged during shipment due to poor design of packaging. And as of right now, I'm still awaiting a reply from them regarding my sculpture's replacement.

Concerning The Witcher 2 coming to the Xbox 360 - CD Projekt did not mention publishing a CE for the console, although, that does not rule it out entirely, either. You'll just have to play the waiting game in the meantime as I'm sure they'll make an announcement when it gets closer to release. And as of right now, there is not even a listing on Amazon yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back