Witcher 2 Collectors Edition PC = $20 / Doom 3 BFG Edition PC = $10 + More

sainrub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
252 (100%)
:pc: Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collectors Edition
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP27
Regular price = $49.99 / $19.99 after coupon.
Free Shipping
24 Hour Sale

:pc: DOOM 3 BFG EDITION
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP33
Regular price = $19.99 / $9.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
48 Hour Sale

:pc: Dishonored
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP94
$24.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:pc: WOW: Mists of Pandaria
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP95
$18.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:360: Borderlands 2
:ps3: Borderlands 2
$39.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:360: Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
$19.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:ps3: Devil May Cry HD Collection
$15.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:3ds: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
$10.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']I just received my CE, and I highly doubt these are new. They looked like repackaged goods from amazon (found an exclusive amazon only dlc card inside).

Tons of black dust everywhere on the content and on my hands. Artbook had creases on the bottom. Outside packaging was halfway cut with what looks like from a box cutter. Inside the packaging where the statue was resting, had a hole in it. Statue also covered in black dust with imperfections.

If it wasn't for the items covered in black dust on mine, I might had kept it for $20 but this is unacceptable for what newegg is selling for new.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh. I'll report back on the condition of the CE I ordered once it arrives, but this doesn't sound good...

[quote name='htz']I just received my CE, and I highly doubt these are new. They looked like repackaged goods from amazon (found an exclusive amazon only dlc card inside).

Tons of black dust everywhere on the content and on my hands. Artbook had creases on the bottom. Outside packaging was halfway cut with what looks like from a box cutter. Inside the packaging where the statue was resting, had a hole in it. Statue also covered in black dust with imperfections.

If it wasn't for the items covered in black dust on mine, I might had kept it for $20 but this is unacceptable for what newegg is selling for new.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I hope mine is in decent condition (and that they replace or refund your cash without any issues). Gotta rush home today after work so i can grab it before the lady comes home anyway so I'll get to see soon enough

I grabbed one of these back when it was 40 or so and can confirm the black dust issue. That's an issue with the spray on velvet stuff they used for the packaging and doesn't have anything to do with newegg. What I did was remove everything, spray it all with compressed air, then threw away the plastic container and put everything back in the box loose. Works for me since I wasn't expecting pristine condition anyway given these have likely been moved around a few times in newegg's warehouse over the last year or so.

Id say as long as all the content is there and not too damaged be happy you got one for $20. Best not to forget that these originally sold for $150.

Got mine today and yeah, there's a little black dust. Mostly on the bust (both inside and outside the plastic it's wrapped in) and some of the smaller items. Like the above poster said, it is from the packaging as you can see in this photo I took.

2na6uz4.jpg

Aside from that there is no damage to the contents at all and the Amazon DLC is a welcome bonus too.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Crap, I hope mine is in decent condition (and that they replace or refund your cash without any issues). Gotta rush home today after work so i can grab it before the lady comes home anyway so I'll get to see soon enough[/QUOTE]
I was able to get them to agree to accept the return for a refund over the phone.

Photos of what I received.
1003718.jpg

Crease on bottom of Artbook.

1003722i.jpg

I believe these CEs were probably originally from Amazon.

1003723h.jpg

Slipcover holding the games was not sealed(not sure if it was suppose to be), shows sign of shelf wear.

1003725g.jpg

Black dust covering the statue and on almost every item in the CE. Statue has imperfections like near the nose and sides.

1003724e.jpg

A few holes on the inside packaging where the statue rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how mine looked when I bought it a couple months ago - the packaging is just shitty, causing the black dust and the busted plastic (that bust is heavy and it's still wrapped up, no?). Not sure why you're so seemingly upset over $20 for that package. Cest la vie.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not sure why you're so seemingly upset over $20 for that package. Cest la vie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, that's what i'm saying.. lol

When Amazon cleared its stock it probably found a buyer for it -- Newegg. Amazon is known for not wanting a lot of inventory of items for a long period of time.

[quote name='Asgardian']Just tell her they are purely for investment purposes, that's what I do.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't she say "invest our money in something more profitable"?

I got this from Newegg back in Nov 2012. Box was loosely sealed with some crappy plastic, obviously not sealed from factory. Also have the black dust problem with a statue with a broken nose. Game not sealed, not sure if it's suppose to be. Seems to be a returned item.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']That's how mine looked when I bought it a couple months ago - the packaging is just shitty, causing the black dust and the busted plastic (that bust is heavy and it's still wrapped up, no?). Not sure why you're so seemingly upset over $20 for that package. Cest la vie.[/QUOTE]
The black dust was just a mess on everything I touched inside that box. I prefer my stuff to be new when I buy something new, not to receive some returned/repackaged item even for $20. Luckily I have a UPS drop box down the street, so it wasn't a hassle for me to return it.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
Aside from that there is no damage to the contents at all and the Amazon DLC is a welcome bonus too.[/QUOTE]

All of the pre-order DLC was patched into the game for everyone for free fairly early on. It's optional though and you can turn any or all of them off. Taken as a whole they are kind of uber and unbalancing at least early on.

As for the whole black dust issue, I bought the CE new when it first came out and I had some of the black dust on my bust, but maybe not quite to the extent that other people are saying they found.

I think it's just a by product of that black velvet holding thing. Probably these got tossed around a lot being shipped multiple times too.

I just got mine. Overall decent condition. Have the black dust problem but would probably be there regardless if it was new. My bust was sealed but I don't think it was originally. Game wasn't sealed, dings in certain things. Overall happy with my purchase. And I already have the le version.

I thought mine was fine when I got 2 from Newegg for 40 back in Nov. I did kinda regret buying it at 40 when the Steam copys were around 10. Loved the CE tho and the plastic seemed intact. Did find Amazon DLC tho which was strange. Still happy with it.

[quote name='Abeja']I thought mine was fine when I got 2 from Newegg for 40 back in Nov. I did kinda regret buying it at 40 when the Steam copys were around 10. Loved the CE tho and the plastic seemed intact. Did find Amazon DLC tho which was strange. Still happy with it.[/QUOTE]

The story with that is that CD Projekt didn't want to do the pre-order bonus DLC shenanigans but the retailers pretty much demanded it so the publishers put pressure on them and they did it. Then 2 weeks after the game came out CD Projekt pushed a patch that gave everyone all the pre-order DLC so that "all versions will be equal".

Received mine today. Everything was a-ok except the inside tray where the statue was being held was breaking apart badly. Other than that, everything in the box was intact.

[quote name='JokerCard']Received mine today. Everything was a-ok except the inside tray where the statue was being held was breaking apart badly. Other than that, everything in the box was intact.[/QUOTE]Exactly the same with my CE. I wiped off the black dust that was on the outside of the bust and it looks pretty good. For $20, there's some pretty cool stuff here.

Now I just have to find somewhere to put a statue of some game character's head in my room...

Mine came in shrink wrap, the outer box look to be in mint condition. I am very tempted to leave it sealed, since I already have the game on 360 and I don't have a PC. However, I can hear some rattling within.

Do you guys think what I got is factory seal? Did anyone get it shrink wrap but with signs of open box or damage within?

[quote name='Asgardian']Mine came in shrink wrap, the outer box look to be in mint condition. I am very tempted to leave it sealed, since I already have the game on 360 and I don't have a PC. However, I can hear some rattling within.

Do you guys think what I got is factory seal? Did anyone get it shrink wrap but with signs of open box or damage within?[/QUOTE]

Honestly theres gonna be some rattling. Everything packed is packed pretty good. The head statue will knock back and forth maybe but its in its own space. The CDs also arent sealed from the one I bought and comes in 2 disc cases in a side-slipcover with some DLC slips in it. Theres also the stickers and decals on the very top that could go side to side. This might not the be the cause but Im

Pretty much mine was flawless. Wrapped perfectly, boxed looked awesome (one thing I like about the Witcher CEs are the thought put into the box). The statue was wrapped. If it was re wrapped then they fooled me.

PS The head statue is HEAVY. If anyone needs a blunt object for self-defense, run to your Witcher CE and tear plastic.

Got my Witcher 2 today. The outside of the box was fine and in shrink wrap. The inside was a mess. It looks as if the bust got loose in shipping and rolled all around. The bottom of the black velvet tray is almost completely torn out and there is a big dent in the card board holder the game came in. Had to dig around for the coin. I'd return it, but I'm not sure its worth the time since I only spent $20 on it. I'm really dissapointed on how unsecured the bust appeared to be. I would have preferred it to be tied down....

[quote name='Abeja']Pretty much mine was flawless. Wrapped perfectly, boxed looked awesome (one thing I like about the Witcher CEs are the thought put into the box). The statue was wrapped. If it was re wrapped then they fooled me.[/QUOTE]

Yep mine too, I was very pleasantly surprised. :D

Got my Witcher 2 CE as well today. Like others, mine was in pretty good shape except that the tray around the bust was breaking. The coin has shifted and that black dust was on everything, but otherwise everything looks great. Can't say I care about the bust, but I really like some of the other items (art book, dice, etc).

Love the dice except for the fact that it weighs almost nothing....even for plastic cubes. Feels very hollow.

I got mine today. The box was sealed in plastic. (For everyone who says they are unsure if it came sealed).

bread's done
Back