Witcher Enhanced £13.81 Shipped (~$20) from dvd.co.uk (Sold Out)

Green Card200

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I have Witcher (Original) - Uncensored. Got it from Gogamer.
Of course, I did the upgrade patch and got that Uncensored, too.

Yeah -- so, how much is shipping to the USA?
Flat rate? Or do they do that by weight and location?

[quote name='Sockey']Thanks. Been looking for a good price on this.
Edit: Shipping to the US was £1.00 for me.[/quote]

Hmm that's not bad - I might bight on this. :)

Anyone ordered from them before?

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Hmm that's not bad - I might bight on this. :)

Anyone ordered from them before?[/quote]

I ordered a PS3 game from them before and had no problems.

nice, keep in mind most banks charge an international transaction fee, about 3%
If you have a Cap 1 card, use that though as they don't charge a fee, and they eat the 1% that visa or mastercard charge.

Thanks OP, in for 1! I'll be interested to see how long it takes to get here. BTW is this the edition that includes the soundtrack, map editor and mini book or something like that? I notice that someone's selling the UK version for 54.99 on Amazon with those items listed.

This game is excellent. The story is so good and packed with choices for you to make. The extras in the Enhanced version (book, CDs, map) are cool too.

I purchased it. I ordered Siren Blood Curse awhile back from them and everything was fine. Thanks Green Card200

I've been meaning to get this for a long time so I ordered a copy. I've never had anything shipped to me from the UK before.

[quote name='Green Card200']...
and shipping to the US is £1.00 per copy and free in the UK.
[/QUOTE]

How much is that equal to in USA dollars?

Well I bit on this. Great price.

I've had the game in my amazon wish list for some time now, watching the price fluctuate about $4.00. But this is like half the MSRP!

Let's hope there aren't any weird currency charges on my credit card.

I'm in. I never purchased this game but I had played through the first 2 chapters a while back. When I heard about the Enhanced version I knew I had to buy it. Censorship sucks though so this deal is perfect.

Censorship

people need to stop refering this as to the towns-people raping their daughters....

two things changed between UK and US...

Sex cards

One Bloody fatality.

That's it.

this isn't green blood in MK... this isn't BLUR-city like Wii Manhunt.....

There's also a fucking patch for the US version.....

Damn. can't beleive some people NOT playing a game because of silly notions of censorship... DRM is another...

I'm very tempted to jump on this, as I'm currently reading the witcher short stories, and they are very good.

Kinda worried about overseas issues, but I guess we'll wait and see.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm very tempted to jump on this, as I'm currently reading the witcher short stories, and they are very good.

Kinda worried about overseas issues, but I guess we'll wait and see.[/QUOTE]

It's a very good price and worth every cent, the music cd is great too that you also get.

Of course most of this you can get free if you have the original.

I think some others stated that the company shipping is pefectly not a shame so order away, cheap shipping too!

[quote name='xycury']Censorship

people need to stop refering this as to the towns-people raping their daughters....

two things changed between UK and US...

Sex cards

One Bloody fatality.

That's it.

this isn't green blood in MK... this isn't BLUR-city like Wii Manhunt.....

There's also a fucking patch for the US version.....

Damn. can't beleive some people NOT playing a game because of silly notions of censorship... DRM is another...[/quote]

If its not that big of deal than why did it get censored? Apparently someone thinks its a problem, and I have a problem with people telling me what to think or imposing their will/beliefs/views on me.

Also there is a patch but its not like it was an official one. Basically I don't think anyone was waiting to play this game because of censorship but waiting for a good price on the enhanced edition, and at least in my case, the official British version that doesn't require messing with unoffical patches/mods.

Either way people's buying choices and what they choose to play don't effect you so chill out dude.

I'm not chilling out till people stop taking games serious business about beliefs and views.

It's stupid to not enjoy a game with what little is held back, even if it's the principal of the matter. It's just a great game and many people should enjoy it.

[quote name='xycury']I'm not chilling out till people stop taking games serious business about beliefs and views.

It's stupid to not enjoy a game with what little is held back, even if it's the principal of the matter. It's just a great game and many people should enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

one would argue in a similar vein (not exact) that this runs true with DRM.

And don't let coffee hear anything about anti-drm etc etc

Regardless, excellent price for enhanced version (with b00bies!) haha

[quote name='xycury']I'm not chilling out till people stop taking games serious business about beliefs and views.

It's stupid to not enjoy a game with what little is held back, even if it's the principal of the matter. It's just a great game and many people should enjoy it.[/quote]

Well it has to start somewhere. We keep letting the little things go and they will remove more and more because no one complains and will buy it anyway. I mean some European countries have flat out banned games - is that when we want to start caring?

[quote name='nikkai']one would argue in a similar vein (not exact) that this runs true with DRM.

And don't let coffee hear anything about anti-drm etc etc

Regardless, excellent price for enhanced version (with b00bies!) haha[/QUOTE]

DRM is here to stay, any amount of "rebellion" of not buying stated product is seriously drinking sewer water kool-aid.

I only avoid when it's an option, alot of it isn't an option, and guess what...WITCHER had DRM too.

TAGES, which won't affect your computer, only the game. I don't mind those types of DRM, but something like SecuRom installing drivers and hosing up programs and not able to even able to play the game.

Starforce is one DRM that is so bad it should have been outlawed.

Can we get away from dicussions about games that entail not playing them? Seems silly and stupid that shouldn't affect a deal like this.

It's at a good price and cheap shipping. Buy it.

[quote name='Green Card200']Well it has to start somewhere. We keep letting the little things go and they will remove more and more because no one complains and will buy it anyway. I mean some European countries have flat out banned games - is that when we want to start caring?[/QUOTE]

You mean Germany and Austrailia... I don't see USA going that far, ever.

But starting somewhere? Come on. This is about as petty as an argument on THIS game.

Spore or any Starforce game, yes... but this is about 2 things...

Pick a better fight that WILL get results.

[quote name='xycury'] You mean Germany and Austrailia... I don't see USA going that far, ever.

But starting somewhere? Come on. This is about as petty as an argument on THIS game.

Spore or any Starforce game, yes... but this is about 2 things...

Pick a better fight that WILL get results.[/quote]

Its about sending a message we don't want censorship, big or small. This is not the first game to be censored and it won't be the last. But I will make sure I won't support it. Sure you could say its just video games and its just minor censorship but there is no real benefit to censorship so I don't want it.

Xcury no need to poop up the thread with your ranting. I personally won't buy a censored version of a game. So I bought the uncensored version of Enhanced a long time ago. I don't care if you think it was justified or not. We all have our priorities.

[quote name='eastx']Xcury no need to poop up the thread with your ranting. I personally won't buy a censored version of a game. So I bought the uncensored version of Enhanced a long time ago. I don't care if you think it was justified or not. We all have our priorities.[/QUOTE]

I think commenting about not buying it because of [minor] censorship is "poop"ing too.

I have priorities also... it's playing games and discussing great deals about games.

Plus overboard on what's justified too which is my opinion, and I just want people to play it instead of worrying about it.

I think there are more important fights to fight about than this game. I'm not against you guys, and would support fighting bad DRM/Censorship, but this one for two minor things which is completely reversable in all versions, is taking it a bit overboard.

Even continuing talking about it is wasteful.

If there even was an "uncensored" version, would this even be an issue?

[quote name='xycury']
If there even was an "uncensored" version, would this even be an issue?[/QUOTE]

Some people will never understand why censorship is a big deal. Heck, the people who want to censor things don't understand it! As an artist, I can't stand the idea of a creative vision being censored. I also believe that games should be able to have nudity if they want (as some other US titles do, such as Conan, Golden Axe Beast Rider, God of War, and Afro Samurai). Censorship is an important issue, otherwise it would be a non-issue.

Also it wasn't just the cards that were changed for the US release. The forest elf and the vampires were altered as well.

[quote name='eastx']Some people will never understand why censorship is a big deal. Heck, the people who want to censor things don't understand it! As an artist, I can't stand the idea of a creative vision being censored. I also believe that games should be able to have nudity if they want (as some other US titles do, such as Conan, Golden Axe Beast Rider, God of War, and Afro Samurai). Censorship is an important issue, otherwise it would be a non-issue.

Also it wasn't just the cards that were changed for the US release. The forest elf and the vampires were altered as well.[/QUOTE]

Some of that falls into what they don't understand, or are afraid of.

I think some of this is silly too, having to censor a game already rated M. Is that for purchase by a 17? or is it 18?

I think it's rated +18 in UK right?

It is important, but this particular item I think playing it is much more important than standing up your beliefs. It is a really great game.

Is the 360 getting a different story? or just a port? Wonder if that will be rating M too and if any nudity will be planned... the PS2 of GoW had it right? would the 360 be any different?

[quote name='xycury']DRM is here to stay, any amount of "rebellion" of not buying stated product is seriously drinking sewer water kool-aid.[/quote]

Not so fast. EA has been getting in hot water with their DRM and the rebellion of not buying is changing their tune.

Take The Sims 3:
"Rather than anger their fanbase with intrusive digital rights management technology, EA has opted to stick with tried and true Serial Code protection for The Sims 3. "

http://kotaku.com/5186987/no-drm-for-the-sims-3

Or their releasing a deautherizing tool greatly loosening their DRM for current games:
"Publisher Electronic Arts has released a De-Authorization Management Tool for PC gamers afflicted with one of its many catalog titles packaged with SecuROM for digital rights management. This is for you, disgruntled Mass Effect owner.

With the EA De-Authorization Management Tool, you can now do sane things like reformat your hard drive and install new video game hardware without the same level of hassle (or using up one of your handful of permitted activations). Simply de-authorize your installed PC game, then install the game on another machine, without wasting those previous software activations.

This applies to games like Mass Effect, Dead Space and even your copy of The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff expansion—any EA published PC game released after May 2008."
http://kotaku.com/5192830/ea-releases-tool-to-bypass-securom-limitations

So still want to stick with the opinion that voting with your dollars aka "rebellion" won't effect how companies approach DRM?

I think it's more of a business decision on the part of the publisher, and an uncensored edition, much like an unrated dvd edition, is meant to entice buyers.
Games can and do have nudity. People write and sell rape simulators. Publishers constantly tweak their product in order to gain access to retail space. Censorship would be if walmart decided to carry this game, and then people protested and demanded the game be removed as obscene- those people are deserving of your anger.

I was going to ask if the UK Enhanced Edition of Witcher has DRM that requires me to go online.

It looks like the thread has actually deviated toward this discussion already, but I can't seem to find any concrete information on this.

So, online-activation for this or not? This heavily factors into whether I bite. Thanks!

[quote name='vherub']People write and sell rape simulators. Publishers constantly tweak their product in order to gain access to retail space.[/QUOTE]

Only in Japan. That's not acceptable anywhere else. Also your definition of censorship is tenuous.

Eh, so I've decided to bite simply because it comes with 2 non-DRM music CDs.

I can always burn a crack or something if there is authentication nonsense, cause I refuse to connect to a server to "authenticate" a single-player game. And maybe get a $10 non-DRM version at Walmart in like 8 years to put in the case.

[quote name='bywaytm']
So still want to stick with the opinion that voting with your dollars aka "rebellion" won't effect how companies approach DRM?[/QUOTE]

I think the part you're missing is how much ME, Sims 2, and Spore have sold.

ME sold how much??? Sims 2 just past 10 million... and Spore had hype following for years.

I really don't think dollars would equate this into EA reacting. It's more like the BS that Amazon is putting up with million or so spamming the reviews of Spore and the like with their disdan for DRM.

Dollars only work if it actually affects a company. Like lead paint in china products, people are so scared they swore off any and all china products. Much more damaging because of initial fear and continuing damnation of products, any products.

I hate EA, and continue to uphold a biased evil view no matter what EA does. They might produce a good game or two but I still hate them as a Publisher.

[quote name='Gamelore']I was going to ask if the UK Enhanced Edition of Witcher has DRM that requires me to go online.

It looks like the thread has actually deviated toward this discussion already, but I can't seem to find any concrete information on this.

So, online-activation for this or not? This heavily factors into whether I bite. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Witcher has TAGES for DRM

Affects the game only, something like missing an event script that is needed to continue.

Has no activation to any server, no calling home.

It doesn't infect a pc, no drivers are installed, unlike SecuRom.

There is a crack for this game to disable the DVD check. As a legitimate owner of the game I use the crack since I don't like carrying my discs around everywhere with my laptop.

I just got in my $67 dollar package from Canada. Wow... what a great set! Anyone who gets this at less than $30 is getting a REAL steal. Thanks to OP. Wish I would have seen this a week ago! :(

[quote name='metasparks']I just got in my $67 dollar package from Canada. Wow... what a great set! Anyone who gets this at less than $30 is getting a REAL steal. Thanks to OP. Wish I would have seen this a week ago! :([/quote]

Damn dude. I have been watching the price on dvd.co.uk and it was $26-28 for a while but I decided to hold off thinking I could get it for $20 somewhere. Once I saw it was $20 on the site I bought it and posted it on CAG =O

This site has some good stuff, especially if you are anti-censorship / DRM / download-only.

Uncensored version of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe PS3 (censored in US) for ~$25.
Playstation Network Collection PSP 3-packs (download-only in US) for ~$22.
Siren: Blood Curse PS3 (download-only and censored in US).
Battle Fantasia PS3 (out of stock, but not avail in US).
Talkman PSP (out of stock, but download-only in US).

They also have a lot of "buy 2 for $X" deals going on. I got Civilization Revolution PS3 for ~$25 w/ MKvDC.

Along with my The Witcher purchase, I ordered a few of these. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool news, MysterD!

Gamelore, how was Siren: BC censored in the US? Those Sony imports sound cool...

Tell me a reason why I shouldn't buy this? (b/c I shouldn't - my backlog is huge and I need to conserve money for a transcontinental move)

bread's done
Back