Witcher Enhanced £13.81 Shipped (~$20) from dvd.co.uk (Sold Out)

Green Card200

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nikkai']Tell me a reason why I shouldn't buy this? (b/c I shouldn't - my backlog is huge and I need to conserve money for a transcontinental move)[/QUOTE]

Because your backlog is huge and you need to conserve money for a transcontinental move.

Or ... you could say ... hey, it's $20 ... for hours of gameplay, a soundtrack, a small book ...

But then ... I haven't played it ... I just bought it ... so maybe it sucks ... ;-)

[quote name='etcrane']Because your backlog is huge and you need to conserve money for a transcontinental move.

Or ... you could say ... hey, it's $20 ... for hours of gameplay, a soundtrack, a small book ...

But then ... I haven't played it ... I just bought it ... so maybe it sucks ... ;-)[/quote]

I believe it also comes with a strategy guide, map, and an additional music cd.

Description from GoGamer:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be available in a highly desirable, content-packed box set, the full contents of which include:

Multilanguage The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, a reworking of the best PC RPG game of 2007

DVD bonus disc including the D’jinni Adventure Editor and two brand new adventures created by CD Projekt Red
- the D'jinni Adventure Editor: allows players to create or modify their own adventures in the world of The Witcher.
- "The Price of Neutrality": the adventure tells the story of Geralt coming back to Kaer Morhen and finding a mysterious camp near the stronghold (featuring 3 new quests).
- “Side Effects”: the first ever release of this new adventure which focuses on Geralt's close friend, Dandelion, and his troubles in Vizima City (featuring 5 new quests).

Remastered “Making Of” documentary with never-before-seen bonus material.

Soundtrack CD of original music written specifically for The Witcher.

CD of original music inspired by The Witcher.

Instruction manual and game guide.

Short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new art from the Monsterbook.

A map for exploration throughout The Witcher ’s world.

If you enjoy the game, the book "The Last Wish" is available for $7 at Amazon. It's realllllly good and shows some backstory like Geralt meeting Dandelion and Tamariel, as well as fleshing out the game's actual intro FMV. "The Blood of Elves" comes out this month too.

Woot! My package came in today. I have to say that was pretty fricken quick (took less then a week)!

The game is the full DVD style box set; with game dvd, video dvd, audio cd, manual, game guide, and short story.

Great deal! And to think I was going to buy the UK edition of the game at launch on GoGoamer for $50. :bouncy:

It sure pays to wait. :cool:

Just got my package in today as well and all I can say is Wow! I'm blown away by all the content you get for under $20. This edition blows the U.S. version out of the water, with the extra cases, soundtrack, making of dvd and mini book. Just simply an incredible value .... definitely worth your money and fast shipping to boot. Thanks to the OP again for sharing

I got it in today. Looks sick. Is the short story that comes with it an excerpt from The Last Wish? If they aren't does it matter what I read first?

[quote name='Gamelore']This site has some good stuff, especially if you are anti-censorship / DRM / download-only.

Playstation Network Collection PSP 3-packs (download-only in US) for ~$22.
[/QUOTE]

I was returning to Seattle from a business trip when I saw this pack at Heathrow airport's HMV for about 9 pounds. I almost picked it up, but noticed that the Siphon Filter: Combat Ops game on it was labeled as being online only (or at least local play only). Can someone verify this or not? I'd hate for someone to get this thinking it was three complete games when it's more like 2.5 :)

Does anyone know if steam will give me problems If i try and hook this UK version up to my US Steam account? I know some people buy cheap copies of Valve games from places in Eastern Europe and have problems, so I'm just wondering.

In for one, even though I have the US original Witcher. I'll just flip it on Goozex and play this one!

I got my copy today, I'm very impressed by the package. I wish more games had this many extras for such a reasonable price.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Does anyone know if steam will give me problems If i try and hook this UK version up to my US Steam account? I know some people buy cheap copies of Valve games from places in Eastern Europe and have problems, so I'm just wondering.[/quote]
The Witcher is not a game you can put the CD Key into Steam. There is a list on the Steam support page.

[quote name='Green Card200']I got it in today. Looks sick. Is the short story that comes with it an excerpt from The Last Wish? If they aren't does it matter what I read first?[/quote]

Yeah, it's taken from one of the stories from The Last Wish (the one about the Princess Striga). I can't wait to get Blood of Elves this month.

This price really is a steal. I bought the UK version of the original Witcher game, then went out and bought the UK version of the Enhanced Edition when that came out, (I wanted to support the company, even though I could have gotten the content for free). Hell, I'm tempted to buy another copy at this price, and maybe give it to someone I know. The game is just that damn awesome. :D

It can be a little tedious at times, and there is quite a lot of backtracking, but the story and characters are amazing. The soundtrack is phenomenal as well, (one of, if not THE best, I've heard in a game to date, but I like fantasy games so I'm a little biased). Plus three different endings, and key choices throughout the game that change quests you can do, or characters you interact with, give it replayability.

So yeah, if you're not sure about this game, I would definitely give it extremely high recommendations, especially for that price. The only game I can think of that's even better than the Witcher is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. To me, that's the best game ever. ;)

Does anyone know if this game allows you to turn on Vsync ... I've been messing around with the demo before I open it and wasn't sure if the lack of vsync in the demo was rectified in the enhanced version?

I got my copy today, I'm very impressed by the package. I wish more games had this many extras for such a reasonable price.

I remember when ALL new PC games had sweet extras...or at least, lengthy game manuals. Reading those on the car rides home from the mall were definitely part of the awesome nerdiness of it all.

The fact that this game has them makes me very happy.

[quote name='etcrane']Does anyone know if this game allows you to turn on Vsync ... I've been messing around with the demo before I open it and wasn't sure if the lack of vsync in the demo was rectified in the enhanced version?[/QUOTE]

I'll double check tonight. Seems weird that it would be removed, I think there is an advanced settings that has it, but I haven't looked in there for months.

[quote name='BMXJouster']Yeah, it's taken from one of the stories from The Last Wish (the one about the Princess Striga). I can't wait to get Blood of Elves this month.

This price really is a steal. I bought the UK version of the original Witcher game, then went out and bought the UK version of the Enhanced Edition when that came out, (I wanted to support the company, even though I could have gotten the content for free). Hell, I'm tempted to buy another copy at this price, and maybe give it to someone I know. The game is just that damn awesome. :D

It can be a little tedious at times, and there is quite a lot of backtracking, but the story and characters are amazing. The soundtrack is phenomenal as well, (one of, if not THE best, I've heard in a game to date, but I like fantasy games so I'm a little biased). Plus three different endings, and key choices throughout the game that change quests you can do, or characters you interact with, give it replayability.

So yeah, if you're not sure about this game, I would definitely give it extremely high recommendations, especially for that price. The only game I can think of that's even better than the Witcher is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. To me, that's the best game ever. ;)[/QUOTE]

Word on Masquerade: Bloodlines, it's a shame you don't see many games anymore with that amount of detail. Everyone raves about Half-Life 2 but I think games like Bloodlines really took that engine to the next level and were far more immersive and less linear than HL2. Don't get me wrong, I know HL2 is more of a shooter and I enjoyed it for what it was but storywise I don't think it compares to M:B ... glitches and all.

I bought Two Worlds Epic Edition for $4.95 from Target and was messing around with that, before playing the demo for this (I needed to convince myself to keep it since the UK version fetches a fair amount on eBay and I've got bills to pay) and it goes without saying that one of the two games is far more polished, artistic, etc. But I liked the Witcher too ... heh, jk. Seriously though, Two Worlds actually isn't quite as horrific as I thought it would be but I think I'll invest more time in the Witcher.

Can someone confirm that this has the same physical contents as the US version of the Enhanced Edition? Somebody mentioned most of the items, but not the map. Also, someone said it was a DVD-style case, which seems like it would be too thin to fit everything; the US version the double-width case.

Thanks!

[quote name='Sentinel']Can someone confirm that this has the same physical contents as the US version of the Enhanced Edition? Somebody mentioned most of the items, but not the map. Also, someone said it was a DVD-style case, which seems like it would be too thin to fit everything; the US version the double-width case.

Thanks![/quote]

it comes with everything and apparently unlike the us version, u get a physical copy of the manual
http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_description.html

[quote name='Sentinel']Can someone confirm that this has the same physical contents as the US version of the Enhanced Edition? Somebody mentioned most of the items, but not the map. Also, someone said it was a DVD-style case, which seems like it would be too thin to fit everything; the US version the double-width case.

Thanks![/quote]

When I said dvd-style case I meant like a boxed dvd set collections.

Come on folks tell your friends and family to buy this game! They'll love the nudy cards!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']When I said dvd-style case I meant like a boxed dvd set collections.

Come on folks tell your friends and family to buy this game! They'll love the nudy cards![/quote]

Thanks for the feedback... sounds good!

However, it looks like it is out of stock now. :roll: It is worth trying to get from Amazon.co.uk for about £15? I am not sure what the shipping would be.

EDIT: Ordering from Amazon.co.uk directly doesn't work: they won't ship to the US. Ordering from their affiliate "Startup Media" looks like it will work, for $27 shipped (£15 + £3). Any idea whether DVD.co.uk is likely to get it back in stock?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']Does anyone know if this game allows you to turn on Vsync ... I've been messing around with the demo before I open it and wasn't sure if the lack of vsync in the demo was rectified in the enhanced version?[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no option for vsync.

[quote name='MysterD']They removed the disc check from The Witcher.
Game never asks for my disc in the drive.[/quote]

I just got my package yesterday and there is a disc check.

my game is version 1.4.5.xxxx, and the patch version online is 1.4. Does the enhanced UK version have a higher version patch available? Online, all that I can seem to find is the regular edition-->enhanced edition patch.

Also, the game never asked for my CD key (I only started up and watched opening cinematic), is that normal?

In case anyone was waiting for this to come back in stock, I received this cancellation e-mail today:
[quote name='Customer Services']Dear boblentil,

I'm afraid we've been trying to get hold of The Witcher Enhanced Edition (PC) (Catalog Number:OC40260) for some time now, but unfortunately we have now learnt that our suppliers have withdrawn this item from sale.

I'm very sorry that we will not be able to fulfil your order for this item but we are certain that we will not be able to get any more of it. We have now removed it from our site.

As we cannot get this item, we have removed it from your order. If you had other items on this order they will not have been affected and will still be sent to you as normal.

You can view and check the latest status of your order at http://www.dvd.co.uk/account.

Once again, please accept our apologies and I hope that this has not caused too much inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Customer Services [/QUOTE]

[quote name='boblentil']In case anyone was waiting for this to come back in stock, I received this cancellation e-mail today:[/quote]

Hmm... too bad. Does anybody know another place to get this that has a decent price? GoGamer.com sells it, but for $50. Thanks.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just got my package yesterday and there is a disc check.

my game is version 1.4.5.xxxx, and the patch version online is 1.4. Does the enhanced UK version have a higher version patch available? Online, all that I can seem to find is the regular edition-->enhanced edition patch.

Also, the game never asked for my CD key (I only started up and watched opening cinematic), is that normal?[/quote]

That is exactly how it is suppose to be. The UK and NA versions are the same but have different version numbers.

To the previous poster who asked about Vsync there is a program to force it. It comes with rivatuner and is called D3Doverider. It is something along those lines I don't have it installed on my laptop.

[quote name='boblentil']In case anyone was waiting for this to come back in stock, I received this cancellation e-mail today:[/quote]
Yeah, the page linked in the OP is gone now and Witcher Enhanced doesn't show up in a search on their site anymore. I searched around a bit but didn't find anyplace else selling the UK version that cheap with cheap shipping like this deal.

how long did it take for your guy's copies to come in?
i ordered mine on the 8th and it shipped out on the 9th hoping to get it this week

I ordered on 1 Apr, it arrived 9 Apr. Of course, it was sent to an APO, which tacks on another three days. However, they shipped it right away and I'm sure it would have arrived within five days were I not in the middle of no where right now.

[quote name='Sentinel']Hmm... too bad. Does anybody know another place to get this that has a decent price? GoGamer.com sells it, but for $50. Thanks.[/quote]

For anyone still looking for this, I purchased it for $33.50 shipped from this eBay store. Of course, this is not as good as the original deal, but after much searching, it appears to be the next best option. It seems to be selling out in a couple of UK-based places, which is why I decided to go for it anyway.

Hmm..I ordered on the 9th and it was shipped on the 10th. If you havent gotten yours yet, guess I won't be getting mine.

[quote name='DrNo888']Hmm..I ordered on the 9th and it was shipped on the 10th. If you havent gotten yours yet, guess I won't be getting mine.[/quote]

my copy came in today! :lol:

Wow, I've only played a couple of hours, but this game is really, really good.
The voice acting is actually good. And the game system is cool too. Graphics are boss.

The game didn't ask me for any disk check either.

[quote name='Sentinel']Hmm... too bad. Does anybody know another place to get this that has a decent price? GoGamer.com sells it, but for $50. Thanks.[/quote]

I'd get the regular edition and then download the enhanced stuff. Consumer Depot.com is listing it at $19 shipped. Has anyone bought from them?

[quote name='Green Card200']That is exactly how it is suppose to be. The UK and NA versions are the same but have different version numbers.

To the previous poster who asked about Vsync there is a program to force it. It comes with rivatuner and is called D3Doverider. It is something along those lines I don't have it installed on my laptop.[/quote]

so i dont need to dl the patch/english?

also what voice overs is everyone using? im not sure whether to go with english or polish(using english subs though)

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so i dont need to dl the patch/english?

also what voice overs is everyone using? im not sure whether to go with english or polish(using english subs though)[/quote]

That patch is for people who don't have the Enhanced Edition. I use english voices and it is fine.

Just remember that buying the US version of the game will get you censored lady cards as well as the in-game vampires and wood elves.

[quote name='Green Card200']That patch is for people who don't have the Enhanced Edition. I use english voices and it is fine.[/quote]

ic thx was wonderin cuz i thought i read english has missing dialogue despite it being fixed in EE

[quote name='eastx']Just remember that buying the US version of the game will get you censored lady cards as well as the in-game vampires and wood elves.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

That would be great.

[quote name='crumrin114']I'd get the regular edition and then download the enhanced stuff. Consumer Depot.com is listing it at $19 shipped. Has anyone bought from them?[/quote]

You can certainly get the regular edition for around $20, and then download the enhanced edition content; you can also get an unofficial patch to bypass the "censoring." However, the US enhanced edition comes with printed material (short story, guide, map) and the UK version in particular has a printed manual that the US version does not. It's mostly a matter of whether you want the physical contents ("yes" for me).

I have noticed that the price of the UK version has been steadily going up after this CAG posting; perhaps a coincidence, or perhaps not.

bread's done
Back