Witcher Enhanced Edition Digital Download $6 at Amazon

That is a great deal. But does it have a download limit (I think three) like Amazon's casual games have? Even though I already have the disc version, I still may pick this up.

[quote name='larryface']Getting an error when I go to checkout with this title. Anyone else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I can go to checkout with other games on the list, but not this one.

What exactly are the download limitations? Noob-ish to pc gaming and digital rights. Does that mean this game can only be downloaded to the same pc three times?

[quote name='Amneisac']It gave me a weird error, but the order did go through.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It hung up for me at the processing screen but the order still went through.

[quote name='JEKKI']Yo I heard this game is tight!!

gotta check it out when I get home from the work[/QUOTE]

Jekki, your avatar reminds me of this for some reason...

shrek-cat.jpg

Is that your kid?

[quote name='youngavatar']I would pick it up if i had space on my computer, plus i rather have it on steam where i can download it any time i need it.[/QUOTE]

Is that not true of Amazon? I still see all of the games I've bought there (only 3) as available for download, though I suppose I've only downloaded them on 1 computer each.

Terrific game with a LOT of bonuses. Once you get used to the combat timing it's a lot of fun. Amazon is basically providing a steal of a deal here; don't miss it!

[quote name='genfuyung']Will this run on windows 7?[/QUOTE]

From what I read on a quick Google search, many people have had success installing both version (the Enhanced and the regular).

My question is: When does this Amazon sale thing end?

[quote name='pbaz11']How big is the download?[/QUOTE]

Requirements from the Amazon listing show you need at least 8.5 gb.

[quote name='BoomerX']sweet deal very tempting but i think im going to hold off til steam sales[/QUOTE]

It's $20 now on Steam, so even if it does go on sale I doubt it would be for much cheaper than this.

[quote name='bvharris']It's $20 now on Steam, so even if it does go on sale I doubt it would be for much cheaper than this.[/QUOTE]

It's been 10 bucks on steam before I think. I'm hoping for 5 on steam, if its ten, it may go a longer way with people who prefer to use steam.

[quote name='BackInBlack']It's been 10 bucks on steam before I think. I'm hoping for 5 on steam, if its ten, it may go a longer way with people who prefer to use steam.[/QUOTE]

Who doesn't? :D

[quote name='bvharris']It's $20 now on Steam, so even if it does go on sale I doubt it would be for much cheaper than this.[/QUOTE]

It was $6.49 or something like that for a couple days of a Holiday sale this year on Steam, but it turned out to be a mistake. I'd say you're right that Steam most likely wont beat this, but you never know.

I'm still hoping for the magical $5 price point... I can wait! (maybe)

From what I understood, the directors cut additions also come in a free patch form. Probably not available through amazon but easy enough to find.

Can these games be backed up to disks, and can digital downloads be played with mods?
I would probably want to add mods at some point, but would like to know if I can back my game up to disk beforehand just incase Id need a reinstall, and only get a limited number of downloads to play with. Mods can be a lot of trial and error.

lol @ $5 magical price point... the game costs $6!!

star struck off one buck your girl look like donald duck

[quote name='kataztrophik']Jekki, your avatar reminds me of this for some reason...

shrek-cat.jpg

Is that your kid?[/QUOTE]lol. there's a guy on CAG who has that cat as his avatar!

I have actually met him and eaten cheezburgers with him!!

I like your custom title underneath your hacker alias btw, thuggin thuggin thuggin til the day I die!!

I ...never play PC games, but this game seems interesting to me. I have 3.87GB of RAM, AMD Athlon II X2 215 Processor, and GeForce 6150SE nforce 430 video card all running on Windows 7. Does anyone know if I'd be cool to play this game?

I looked at the requirements and I think I'm good, but I just don't know enough about these things to be sure

I had to check and double check what I was typing....I am a PC gaming noob of the highest order. I would super appreciate any help.

I've been playing this for the past couple hours, and it makes me angry at myself for not getting it before now. Such a good game, so far, and looks fantastic on high settings.

[quote name='mokmoof']Interesting that Blade Kitten is on the list, but not presently discounted. I wonder if that will change.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually curious enough to pay $3 for it; Does it really run at 30 FPS like that review claims?

EDIT: Apparently, there's an unofficial fix to make the game 30, 60, or 120 FPS. Now I'm curious enough to put down the $3.

I've been a CAG as long as I can remember, at least in spirit. Having said that, my methodology is based on opportunity and price threshold rather than a firm "strike price." There's a fine line between waiting for a game to drop in price to a specific amount and simply missing out on a generally good deal (and fun).

$6 for The Witcher: EE is a steal. Unless someone is really pinching pennies, just go for it and don't wait for a $5 deal ;)

My failure of upgrading my pc in five years is coming back to haunt me. I don't think my video card can handle this game. I do have the bare minimum processor (amd 3000) but I doubt my x800xt all in wonder will roll with this game.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol @ $5 magical price point... the game costs $6!!

star struck off one buck your girl look like donald duck

lol. there's a guy on CAG who has that cat as his avatar!

I have actually met him and eaten cheezburgers with him!!

I like your custom title underneath your hacker alias btw, thuggin thuggin thuggin til the day I die!![/QUOTE]

Another Bone Thug fan!

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Ayy one know if I get this if I can load it on my PC and the wife's laptop? She's interested and I want to know before I bite.[/QUOTE]
I don't know 100%, but it certainly looks like it. Download it via the amazon downloader, then copy the install files to the laptop too. Grab your key from amazon for the second install (it appears to input the key automatically for the first install), and good to go.

[quote name='Maskim']I don't know 100%, but it certainly looks like it. Download it via the amazon downloader, then copy the install files to the laptop too. Grab your key from amazon for the second install (it appears to input the key automatically for the first install), and good to go.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.. Much Thanks to you!

Does the download automatically start when you buy this? I want to buy and lock in this price, but dont want to download until Monday.

I'd jump on it, but I'd really rather wait for the Steam version to go on sale (and you know, not screw us over like last time where the price doubled half-way through the sale -_-). Hopefully it gets discounted for their Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale they always have.

bread's done
Back