With sagging poll numbers, Dubya does what he does best: blames Clinton for 9/11

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Bush: Weak terror response led to 9/11

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- President Bush said withdrawing from Iraq would be a mistake that would embolden terrorists just as U.S. responses to other attacks led to 9/11 hijackings.

Speaking Thursday at the Pentagon after an update on the war on terror, Bush said a pullback would be seen as weakness and make the United States less safe.

'The terrorists saw our response to the hostage crisis in Iran, the bombings in the Marine barracks in Lebanon, the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the destruction of two U.S. embassies in Africa and the attack on the USS Cole,' Bush said. 'The terrorists concluded that we lacked the courage and character to defend ourselves and so they attacked us.'

It was the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, carried out by al-Qaida operatives, that led Bush to launch the war on terror with an attack on Afghanistan, where al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden had been given sanctuary. Bush links the fighting in Iraq with the war on terror.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/northamerica/printer_1049951.php

Not that occupying Iraq and not reading a report titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the United States" that outlined detailed plans to fly planes into buildings had anything to do with the current state of terrorism. Once again, the administration is simply trying to pass the buck instead of living up to its claim of being the party of accountability.

Brining the troops back here , wont really make a difference. What they doing now aint doing that much, like it should. I think what they doing in afghanistan made some difference, but in iraq, i dont see no big all out change.

People start a war, but dont know how to solve the issues within war, or put an end to it. I love stuff like that, so much, i cry about it.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']Brining the troops back here , wont really make a difference. What they doing now aint doing that much, like it should. I think what they doing in afghanistan made some difference, but in iraq, i dont see no big all out change.

People start a war, but dont know how to solve the issues within war, or put an end to it. I love stuff like that, so much, i cry about it.[/QUOTE]

What in the blue hell is he trying to say?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yay, yet another person that thinks poll numbers matter to someone never running for re-election![/QUOTE]

He could become a liability to Senate and Congressional republicans. Should they "stay the course" with their annointed leader, voters may get turned off and not show up at the polls this october and next year's midterm elections.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yay, yet another person that thinks poll numbers matter to someone never running for re-election![/QUOTE]
So he's made one pointless thread. You've made dozens.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Not that occupying Iraq and not reading a report titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the United States" that outlined detailed plans to fly planes into buildings had anything to do with the current state of terrorism. Once again, the administration is simply trying to pass the buck instead of living up to its claim of being the party of accountability.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about Iraq, but it is Bush's fault he didn't read such a blatent security report....that is inexcusible.

[quote name='E-Z-B']He could become a liability to Senate and Congressional republicans. Should they "stay the course" with their annointed leader, voters may get turned off and not show up at the polls this october and next year's midterm elections.[/QUOTE]

Since when are duly elected public officials annointed?

Oh, I know! When you don't like them!

I blame mankind for everything, and satan and of course adam and eve. Just like in war, everytime i see someone pick up a gun and start shooting or just fight one another, cain and abel pops right in my mind and i just laugh at how the world is falling for the tricks of the devil.

I mean, if i can learn peace and stay within it, so can the next man. 9/11 happen, because it just happen, man cant save anyone , and neither can they control everything. 9/11 was man's fault, but its gonna be more bs poppin off.

We cant end violence, and i think people need to understand this. Even tho i believe things will be better off in this world , if mankind will wake the fu** up and start paying attention. Seems like they too busy passing gay marriage laws and wasting billions of dollars on space program bs, to see whats really going on.

I keep laughing tho.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']I blame mankind for everything, and satan and of course adam and eve. Just like in war, everytime i see someone pick up a gun and start shooting or just fight one another, cain and abel pops right in my mind and i just laugh at how the world is falling for the tricks of the devil.

I mean, if i can learn peace and stay within it, so can the next man. 9/11 happen, because it just happen, man cant save anyone , and neither can they control everything. 9/11 was man's fault, but its gonna be more bs poppin off.

We cant end violence, and i think people need to understand this. Even tho i believe things will be better off in this world , if mankind will wake the fu** up and start paying attention. Seems like they too busy passing gay marriage laws and wasting billions of dollars on space program bs, to see whats really going on.

I keep laughing tho.[/QUOTE]

You were somehow able to rise above a PAD-level of stipidity with just that one post.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Since when are duly elected public officials annointed?

Oh, I know! When you don't like them![/QUOTE]

He was annointed by the Supreme Court.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Since when are duly elected public officials annointed?

Oh, I know! When you don't like them![/QUOTE]

How about when they annoint themselves, like Ashcroft did with Crisco oil on the floor of the senate?

[quote name='E-Z-B']He could become a liability to Senate and Congressional republicans. Should they "stay the course" with their annointed leader, voters may get turned off and not show up at the polls this october and next year's midterm elections.[/QUOTE]

QFT a year later.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, yes, Bush is absolutely correct. Taking an approach such as his, the world is a much safer place, and terror attacks are on the decline thanks to his aggressive strategies.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0428/dailyUpdate.html

Oops. My bad.[/quote]
So you're saying Bush was responsible for terrorists killing 344 people in the Beslan School Massacre? And was he also responsible for the Madrid Train bombings, which killed 191 people? Both those instances were included in that report. Those 2 events alone totaled 535 deaths.

2004 terror deaths not including Beslan and Madrid Incidents: 120
2003 terror deaths: 175

But I'm sure you and that DubyasWorld idiot will find a way to pin those 2 occurences on Bush. Did Bush ever decide to "invade" Chechnya?

Individual deaths are not individual attacks. You're welcome to get the pdf from the NCC website and have a traipse through it.

bread's done
Back