With the DSi launch, all eyes are on Sony

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
With the DSi being priced at the same as a PSP, Sony has a huge opportunity on their hands. The DSi's only real draw over the DS Lite involves the downloadable titles. Not only can Sony emphasize the fact that this has existed on the PSP for some time now, but also that any PSP user can use the service without being forced to buy a whole new system.

Come on Sony, get your act together and convince those potential DSi owners that they should get a PSP instead of a second DS.

Who knows what a $20 price drop could do in the minds of consumers.

Though I would agree that Sony has an opportunity to compete on a monetary level, the one problem they will face is public recognition. Everywhere you look in the Sunday ads the DSI is shown on the front cover making it well known that the device is out ... where is the PSP in the ads? Page 10 if even at all?

Personally, I would love for Sony to announce a new PSP at this year's E3, bring a second analog control, get rid of UMD, and bring it in around the same price of the current PSP ($170 - $200). IMO THAT would be what it's going to take for the populous to start looking at the PSP again. Again, just my $.02

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Though I would agree that Sony has an opportunity to compete on a monetary level, the one problem they will face is public recognition. Everywhere you look in the Sunday ads the DSI is shown on the front cover making it well known that the device is out ... where is the PSP in the ads? Page 10 if even at all?

Personally, I would love for Sony to announce a new PSP at this year's E3, bring a second analog control, get rid of UMD, and bring it in around the same price of the current PSP ($170 - $200). IMO THAT would be what it's going to take for the populous to start looking at the PSP again. Again, just my $.02[/quote]

Good point. Here's to hoping the new games targeted for release this year give the system a boost.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Though I would agree that Sony has an opportunity to compete on a monetary level, the one problem they will face is public recognition. Everywhere you look in the Sunday ads the DSI is shown on the front cover making it well known that the device is out ... where is the PSP in the ads? Page 10 if even at all?

Personally, I would love for Sony to announce a new PSP at this year's E3, bring a second analog control, get rid of UMD, and bring it in around the same price of the current PSP ($170 - $200). IMO THAT would be what it's going to take for the populous to start looking at the PSP again. Again, just my $.02[/quote]

Even if they do announce a new psp system, dont expect it till 2011 at the earliest.

1. No one's eyes are on Sony.
2. Sony is all pumped that a bunch of 3rd parties are supposedly releasing big PSP games this year, so if I were them I wouldn't jump to a new console quite yet. Then again Nintendo is basically doing the same thing, so who knows.

It is almost like a game of chess, Nintendo made their move and it's time for Sony to make theirs. Let see who will get the checkmate...
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

[quote name='pete5883']1. No one's eyes are on Sony.
2. Sony is all pumped that a bunch of 3rd parties are supposedly releasing big PSP games this year, so if I were them I wouldn't jump to a new console quite yet. Then again Nintendo is basically doing the same thing, so who knows.[/quote]

the DSI s still a Ds just with a bunch of bells and Whisels.

Where's my PSP camera Sony and GPS device? North America has yet to see a camera, it would be nice to see a camera that was superior to the DSi's version!

Also, eyetoy themed games would be awesome. How about a digital tv tuner or some other gadget that attaches to the PSP?

[quote name='kurokubushi']the DSI s still a Ds just with a bunch of bells and Whisels.[/QUOTE]
Right. Bells, whistles, twice the processing power and 4x the RAM.

bread's done
Back