WM - Assassins Creed Master Edition - $79.83 YMMV

scourdx

CAGiversary!
I was at Walmart last night and saw collector edition. EB games & Amazon.ca are selling this version for $89.99. Now on ebay the price is $120. If you haven't picked it up, now is your chance.

I saw it for that price on launch day, they had about 3-4 for each console at Place Rosemère. I asked EB to match their price, but EB didn't have any PS3 versions in stock :(

[quote name='matsam']I saw it for that price on launch day, they had about 3-4 for each console at Place Rosemère. I asked EB to match their price, but EB didn't have any PS3 versions in stock :([/QUOTE]
Last I checked, EBgames never does a price match, do they?

[quote name='Snak3']Last I checked, EBgames never does a price match, do they?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, being a regular client helps. Only the manager will do it, I've been successful a few times. If the difference is too steep, they'll simply tell you to go buy it at the other place, but for 5-10 bucks, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle if you catch the manager in a good mood.

Wow, I hope I can pick up a copy (or two :lol:) I want this game so bad, and if I can pick one of these up, then sell the figure and case for $70 each (the going price on ebay) and keep the game for free and a profit, it sounds terrific! :D

Dang, just went EVERYWHERE looking for a copy (Wal Mart, Future Shop, Blockbuster, The Source and even Zellers) and couldn't find any! :(

I saw one at my local Walmart.. tin was banged up though. Otherwise I believe I saw some online at futureshop.ca the other day, and local FS have them as well according to the stock checker. Too bad Walmart.ca doesn't list it.. makes it harder to PM

is it supposed to be rare?
every store here is loaded with copies of the collector's edition... is it worth buying it?

Um, kinda. Apparently it's going for a lot on ebay, but it's kinda like the MGS4 LEs up here where retailers (mainly Futureshop), still had a large stock of these & were trying 2 get rid of them by dropping the price. Not saying that it will happen to these things, but maybe in Canada, stores just happen to have a significant allotment of them & they just happen to not sell.

In terms of whether it's worth buying depends on the reason you would be buying it for.

Yeah, they're selling for anywhere from $100-200 on eBay. The tin case sells for 70 and so does the statue. The book sells for 30. So if you buy it, gut it, and keep the game, you can get the game free, and have money left over :p

I'd like to disprove that the tin is $70 since i was watching completeds & saw one that ended for $10
http://cgi.ebay.com/Assassins-Creed...tZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item3357eb404b

Thus the tin is utterly worthless. I figured that if (and that's if you were planning to flip it), was that you would sell it like this:
- dlc codes
- ezio figure (this goes for 60+) + artbook + tin (if you really want since it adds to shipping)
- game + soundtrack + bonus disc

This in theory sells the best from what I've seen.

The Master edition is exclusive to Gamestop in the US. So if you didn't pre-order, you won't get it. This is why the price is ridiculously high. Here we don't have that issue since Amazon.ca, Wal-mart, EBgames, HMV & few other stores carries them.

HMV still have them depending on where you live. You can try price match

PS3

Xbox 360

bread's done
Back