WM - Tenchu Shadow Assassins Wii - $0.98!

Wow thanks, I love it when Walmart decides to clear out some games for a dollar. Last time it was Endwar's LE for PS3 with the bluetooth headset. Shaun White Snowboarding (PS2) has also been that price.

I am fearing it is a stupid question: where on the pages you see the price of the item? I tried with both IE and Firefox and cannot see prices...

This is a good price for sure!

I'm not sure if they do advertise the $1 games. Usually they just reside in your local clearance bin. As far as I know anyways

[quote name='RaisinBran']You have to enter your Postal Code on the find a store thing first.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot!

The games that are said to be $0.98 are shown without a price when I choose my local store, while other games have a price.

I will see tomorrow that it means!

Broken Sword, Prince of Persia DS and GRAW2 are all $0.98 on walmart.ca, but strangely, Tenchu Wii show up at $14.83 for me :S

EDIT: 3 out of the 4 stores near me show it at $14.83, the other one shows it at $0.98... YMMV?

Wow... That's a good deal! Tenchu Wii and Broken Sword DS are both great pickups. Neither would be full price recommendations - but for a dollar you'd be nuts to miss out on either.

[quote name='ejamer']Wow... That's a good deal! Tenchu Wii and Broken Sword DS are both great pickups. Neither would be full price recommendations - but for a dollar you'd be nuts to miss out on either.[/QUOTE]

I don't have time to play a mediocre game, even when it's just a dollar. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='Fuzzy']I don't have time to play a mediocre game, even when it's just a dollar. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I barely have time to spend playing the few quality titles out there. If I do see this for a buck, while I'm around WalMart in the next couple of weeks, it will be tough to not buy it "just 'cause".

All the .98's on the Walmart site:

GRAW 2 (360/PS3)

Petz Sportz (Wii)
Tenchu (Wii)
Vacation Sports (Wii)

Petz Dogz 2 (DS)
Broken Sword (DS)
Imagine: Movie Star (DS)
Imagine: Cheerleader (DS)
Imagine: Fashion Designer (DS)
Prince of Persia (DS)
Endwar (DS)

just went to 3 walmarts in the GTA to find tenchu. no luck. i've been interested in the game since it came out but i knew it wasn't worth it @ full price. =/ damn hoarders.

[quote name='inconspikuous']just went to 3 walmarts in the GTA to find tenchu. no luck. i've been interested in the game since it came out but i knew it wasn't worth it @ full price. =/ damn hoarders.[/QUOTE]

Who says it was hoarders? I don't imagine WM would have dozens of copies of a game selling for $0.98. There could've been maybe one or two copies available.

A good way to take advantage of these cheap prices at WMT is to mix it up with Microplay deal to trade 3+ games of total value $40.50 and get Call of Duty MW2 free (or Assassin's Creed 2):

Here are the TIVS/values of games at Microplay:

Red Bull DC Ds - $4.50
($10 at WMT - $5 coupon from Kelloggs for Wii/DS games, I got it when they had 50% off games that cost $10, so was free)

Petz Dogs 2 DS - $3.00 ($0.98 at WMT)

Imagine Movie Star DS - $9.00 ($0.98 at WMT)

Mysims Party Wii - $6.00
($10 at WMT now - $5 coupon from Kelloggs for Wii/DS games)

Mysims Kingdom Wii - $6.00 ($10 at WMT now - $5 coupon from Kelloggs for Wii/DS games)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3- $9.00 (traded it at Microplay because it is now under $8 at EB)
Smackdown 2008 PS3 - $4.50 (can be found cheap about everywhere)

Burnout Revenge PS3 - $4.50
(did not trade)
Fear 2 PS3 - $6.00 (did not trade)

One could say I traded 7 games for COD MW2 (5 games from WMT + 2 from my collection), but my total cost at WMT was around $15 with taxes, so trade 2 games not eligible for promo anywhere (total $10 credit for GT5 Prologue +Smackdown 2008 more or less) + $15 bucks (Total cost of 5 games at WMT) was a great deal for me,

[quote name='game_fanatic']Who says it was hoarders? I don't imagine WM would have dozens of copies of a game selling for $0.98. There could've been maybe one or two copies available.[/QUOTE]

that's true. i guess i just thought it was 'cool' to bash hoarders on cag. my bad. =)

No Tenchu or GRAW 2 at the Lasalle WalMart, will check at quartier 10-30 tuesday after work.

Clerk said some Shaun White (PS2?) game was also .98$

[quote name='jeffx']Clerk said some Shaun White (PS2?) game was also .98$[/QUOTE]

Yes, PS2 version, it's been that price for months now! Still nobody wants it haha :lol:

[quote name='game_fanatic']Who says it was hoarders? I don't imagine WM would have dozens of copies of a game selling for $0.98. There could've been maybe one or two copies available.[/QUOTE]

I was at two separate Walmart stores last week. Both had at least a dozen copies of Broken Sword DS and Tenchu Wii on display. Tried to find a cheap copy of Broken Sword first thing this morning and both games were completely sold out at both stores. (Didn't specifically check for other $.98 games... but didn't notice any of them in stock either.)

You don't think it was hoarders grabbing stacks of cheap games for trade-in/resale value? Bull.

Oh well, I've already played Broken Sword once before on GBA, and even though having a copy on DS would been nice, it's not the end of the world.

[quote name='Fuzzy']I don't have time to play a mediocre game, even when it's just a dollar. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Whatever. I liked Tenchu. The production values were pretty decent, story interesting enough, and puzzle-like gameplay worth giving a shot.

Maybe if you spent less time online putting down games that other people like, you'd find enough time to enjoy more playing games.

dammn i was just at walmart this afternoon, had i know about broken sword i would have searched the entire ds section now i have to go back before work tomorrow

No Tenchu at my Walmart unfortunately; was hoping to get it to replace a broken Wii case. :(

Ah well, at least I got Chessmaster PSP for a buck as well as another copy of Rune Factory 2 for 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra Prince of Persia DS and Broken Sword DS and GRAW2 for 360 if anyone needs those - $3 a pop for the time etc - my friend bailed. If not I'll just bring them to EB for the same amount. I am in Oakville, Ontario.

[quote name='ejamer']I was at two separate Walmart stores last week. Both had at least a dozen copies of Broken Sword DS and Tenchu Wii on display. Tried to find a cheap copy of Broken Sword first thing this morning and both games were completely sold out at both stores. (Didn't specifically check for other $.98 games... but didn't notice any of them in stock either.)

You don't think it was hoarders grabbing stacks of cheap games for trade-in/resale value? Bull.

Oh well, I've already played Broken Sword once before on GBA, and even though having a copy on DS would been nice, it's not the end of the world.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight...you were at two different WM's last week, saw the discounted games, and came back a week later expecting the games to still be there? Sure, it could've been hoarders. It also could've been a bunch of people buying a single copy while browsing around in WM. Do I know for sure? Of course not. Do you? Of course not. It's fun to blame the hoarders, sure, but don't blame them when you don't know for sure. If you said "I saw some guy running out with 10 copies of each in his hand," then yeah, I'd be grabbing my pitchfork right with ya bud. Sometimes I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='Sean09']I have an extra Prince of Persia DS and Broken Sword DS and GRAW2 for 360 if anyone needs those - $3 a pop for the time etc - my friend bailed. If not I'll just bring them to EB for the same amount. I am in Oakville, Ontario.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to ship GRAW2 to Toronto? More specifically, North York?

[quote name='game_fanatic']So let me get this straight...you were at two different WM's last week, saw the discounted games, and came back a week later expecting the games to still be there? Sure, it could've been hoarders. It also could've been a bunch of people buying a single copy while browsing around in WM. Do I know for sure? Of course not. Do you? Of course not. It's fun to blame the hoarders, sure, but don't blame them when you don't know for sure. If you said "I saw some guy running out with 10 copies of each in his hand," then yeah, I'd be grabbing my pitchfork right with ya bud. Sometimes I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he thought they were $20 last week and only now found out they were $0.98?

[quote name='Sean09']I have an extra Prince of Persia DS and Broken Sword DS and GRAW2 for 360 if anyone needs those - $3 a pop for the time etc - my friend bailed. If not I'll just bring them to EB for the same amount. I am in Oakville, Ontario.[/QUOTE]

Or could you drop it off locally i also live in Oakville :D

[quote name='Snoopskunk']Or could you drop it off locally i also live in Oakville :D[/QUOTE]
You are welcome to pick them up if you like, I am across the road from Oakville Place Mall. Probably going to gift them to people if nobody here is interested, but figured I would snap them up for others who wanted in on the deal. Not like many were available, but I got 3 of the listed games at least!

Nothing at the two locations I checked with the exception of Imagine Cheerleaders for DS and Sudoku for the PSP (both of which scanned at 98 cents). The Walmart on Macleod Trail & Shawnessy still had 4 copies of Sudoku if anyone is interested :cold:

[quote name='game_fanatic']So let me get this straight...you were at two different WM's last week, saw the discounted games, and came back a week later expecting the games to still be there?[/quote]

The games weren't discounted last week (at least not visibly or announced online), so I wasn't just spending days trying to decide if that $1 was worth spending.
:roll:

Sure, it could've been hoarders. It also could've been a bunch of people buying a single copy while browsing around in WM. Do I know for sure? Of course not. Do you? Of course not. It's fun to blame the hoarders, sure, but don't blame them when you don't know for sure. If you said "I saw some guy running out with 10 copies of each in his hand," then yeah, I'd be grabbing my pitchfork right with ya bud. Sometimes I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I also give people the benefit of the doubt, but let's be realistic about two things:

(1) It would be idiotic to deny that there are hoarders here and on RFD who jump on these deals. One hoarder could easily check both stores in a day and pick through the titles to trade/sell at a better price later. Knowing that several of the games listed were available in reasonable quantities in two different locations nearby, and that all of the clearanced games disappeared within 1 day of the initial post here (even Petz Sportz?) while non-clearance games were essentially untouched is more than enough to suggest hoarding. At the very least, it was targetted selection by a small number of people "in the know".

(2) Although slightly annoying for people who are slow and miss out on the hot deals, this kind of hoarding is a smart move for people concerned about gaming enough to take advantage of it. They aren't scamming anyone or doing anything wrong, and I didn't say anything bad about hoarders in my previous post.

If you don't think it was hoarders, that's fine. Experience and common sense leads me to guess that it was a couple of people cleaning out the stores as quickly as possible, and there is no way to prove that guess wrong.

[quote name='Sean09']You are welcome to pick them up if you like, I am across the road from Oakville Place Mall. Probably going to gift them to people if nobody here is interested, but figured I would snap them up for others who wanted in on the deal. Not like many were available, but I got 3 of the listed games at least![/QUOTE]

Ya im fine with picking it up, just pm me about certain location,time, and the price :D

234 Hays Boulevard, Oakville, ON
Also at the oakville walmart there was also some sudoku too in the 2 for $20 clearance bin in front of electronics

Napanee Wal-Mart had 1 copy of...

Petz Sports (Wii)
Imagine: Fashion Party (Wii)
Tom Clancy's EndWar (DS)

I picked up the 3 (EndWar for myself, other 2 as gifts). Didn't notice any of the games I actually wanted most though

I managed to grab a couple of games at Promenades Saint-Bruno Walmart

glad I found Tenchu both for PSP and Wii

I was able to pick up Tenchu and Broken Sword for the DS at Wal-Mart on Decarie. There were two copies of each, was going to get both and offer them up here but the clerk quickly grabbed them when I asked him to scan the price and he found out how much they were (they were not in the bargain bin, they were behind the glass):whistle2:( Very happy to have Broken Sword, have had it on my goozex list for awhile now

the leamington walmart didnt have any tenchu or broken sword ds :( but the did have a crap tone of imagine games and endwar
wonder if the wii version of broken sword is on clearance too it was still tagged at $20

I checked another Walmart but the Wii bargain section was ravaged. Shelves were on the ground and games were spread out. Looked like a damn tornado went through. Pity

bread's done
Back