Wolfenstein (PS3 $10.82) (360 $11.02) + Shipping at Overstock.com

[quote name='johnskelter']... don't know why but I get $14.99 for the PS3 version.....[/QUOTE]

Weird, I just added it to my cart it it was $13.77. $10.82 + the shipping charge.

I'm kinda of thinking about picking this game up, but I heard this is pretty much the most average type of fps experience you could get.

[quote name='ndheah']I get $10.82...not sure why the above is different.

Is this game worth $14??[/QUOTE]

I payed $25 for it awhile ago and had a blast. Maybe more CAGs will give you their input.

I liked it. Its a pretty straight foward shooter, upgradable weapons, nazi monsters, etc. The only thing that is a little weak is the open world, it feels like it was tacked on at the last min.

its ok, I manged to get the pc version from target at $10 a long time ago and honestly, the
game didn't seem worthy of paying more than that.

the multiplayer is pretty mediocre too

[quote name='X-GOUKI']its ok, I manged to get the pc version from target at $10 a long time ago and honestly, the

the multiplayer is pretty mediocre too[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am a diehard Wolf fan and really only enjoyed this game due to my fandom for the series and my love of killing Nazis. The campaign is actually fairly long. I did not play the multiplayer but have heard nothing but bad things.

I thought this game was quite the pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, since you have regen health, the bosses pretty much all dole out instant kills, but otherwise it is a solid game. Totally worth the asking price for campaign alone.

I have the platinum, it was a huge chore. The game isnt hard, even on the hardest difficulty, but there is a painfully huge amount of things to collect, some of which you only get one try to get. Once you finish the level, there is no going back so you have to start the entire game over. Not all of the game is open world. There are some (for lack of a better term) rooms for mini-quests, that, once completed, lock you out completely.

When I played (probably a year ago) getting in a full room was impossible. I cant imagine many, if any, people are still on. So if you're thinking of getting this, I'd say you have little to no shot of getting any online action.

If you're just going to play through the story, shoot some Nazis, earn a quick batch of trophies/achievements, and shelf it, it is probably worth the $10 or $12 you can find it for. Just don't expect a masterpiece, or any online activity.

Thanks a million, OP. Been waiting forever to get a good deal on this! I loved the Wolfenstein game that was released last gen (PS2/Xbox/etc.), so I'm looking forward to this.

Pretty good single player campaign, $10-15 is a good price range for this. Not all the collectibles are one time shot.. only a few might be?

[quote name='KneeKnee']I have the platinum, it was a huge chore. The game isnt hard, even on the hardest difficulty, but there is a painfully huge amount of things to collect, some of which you only get one try to get. Once you finish the level, there is no going back so you have to start the entire game over. Not all of the game is open world. There are some (for lack of a better term) rooms for mini-quests, that, once completed, lock you out completely.
[/QUOTE]
At least on the PC version, you could highlight previously completed objectives on the mission screen and replay those levels.

[quote name='deadtrees']Not that this has anything to do with anything, but the cover art for Left 4 Dead 2 shown on overstock.com seems to have been...slightly altered.[/QUOTE]

absolutely hilarious

Thanks, OP. Amazon once had this for 360 for around this price for a while, but then it shot up to $20+ and has been there ever since, from what I can tell.

And thanks for the lulz, deadtrees. Classic.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I thought this game was quite the pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, since you have regen health, the bosses pretty much all dole out instant kills, but otherwise it is a solid game. Totally worth the asking price for campaign alone.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the regen health + cover made it a sleepwalk for me. And I don't have great FPS reflexes either. Played it on hardest difficulty on PC and it was just boring. No enemy AI at all, just waves of cardboard cutouts running into the open and absorbing your bullets. Worst of all, it wasn't at all spooky or scary. Just ridiculously gory (sniper rifles that vaporize Nazi heads. please). A big disappointment if you loved RTCW. But not really a terrible game on its own I guess.

OK/competent, not great game.

headshotting nazis yield surprisingly graphic/awesome deaths for an old id tech 4 (doom 3) engine.

ps3 version looks and plays great. i'm sure the pc version is the same, but can't vouch for xbox.

gaming journalists shit on the slightly open world thing that serves as a kind of little hub world, but it is more interesting than annoying. i mean, who isn't terribly bored by cod which is essentially just a run and gun corridor shooter?

In terms of raven software's output, this ranks pretty high for the "B" studio. I think singularity is really ugly, while this game feels (guns/action) real or substantial. This is also better than Quake 4 which I own on pc. So yea, $12ish. Worth it if you really need another fps right now. Or you can just wait on killzone 3, battlefield 3, and resistance 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='X-GOUKI']its ok, I manged to get the pc version from target at $10 a long time ago and honestly, the

the multiplayer is pretty mediocre too[/QUOTE]

Agree... I had the 360 version and thought it was pretty bad. So so graphics and boring game play.

[quote name='superhippy1986']This is the first real deal Overstock has ever had... Well besides all the gundam DVDs I've bought from then for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Not true they used to have much better deals years ago. Or more like glitches with $2 PS2 games and stacking coupons that would allow you to get anything for virtually free from time to time.

Do you think they will ever make a Wolfenstein 3D? Now that would really be something...

bread's done
Back