Wolfenstein recommendation

Warn3rv3

CAGiversary!
I need an honest assessment of wolfenstein. I just played the demo and i enjoyed it. I heard most hated it or thought it was lacking. Why is this? Too short? Anyone actually enjoy it? I only played the demo so i didnt get the full experience. If i can pick it up on the cheap, should i?

I'm in the same boat as you. I love the demo and really want to check out the full game. I'm hoping to find someone to trade with on here.

Wolfenstein is amazing. I just recently played through it twice. Once on the hardest difficulty starting out. Then I replayed through it again on normal finding everything.

My first playthrough I upgraded your "standard" WW2 weaponry. Second playthrough I upgraded the other guns. I will say this right now. If someone doesn't like Wolfenstein, **** them!

The shooting is fluid and fast. Headshots are beautiful. The guns sound INCREDIBLE! The graphics are damn nice. Lots of collectibles in the game. The powers are all fun in their own way.

Not to mention you can upgrade each gun you find (8 or 9) and each of the 4 powers. There is no way you can fully upgrade everything in the game so 2 playthroughs minimum to really "see" the game.

All in all, it capitalizes on what makes an FPS good for me. Great sounding guns (you really sound like your ruining someone's day), aiming that is fluid like CoD, upgradeable weapons during single player, weapon wheel ala Resistance 1 (find weapon never lose it, just buy ammo when depleted), guns FEEL right. Even the Panzerschrek which I typically hate Rocket Launchers in games, is awesome.

Also, its somewhat free roaming in that your have a few big hubs of the city and you exit different areas into what you could call BIG maps. The cool thing is that the enemies respawn in the city and as you progress, they upgrade. You will start seeing some of the more special enemies as the story gets further.

I would rate Wolfenstein as a 9.5/10 in terms of single player only.

Only cons I can really think of is, the difficulty ramps up quickly. Even on Uber, you might breeze through the first 6-7 hours no problem, but then it becomes REAL damn hard.....instantly.

I didn't complete the Wolfenstein game but I did play through more than halfway and online multiplayer. If you're looking for a single player game this is pretty decent. Don't bother with online, there are only a few rooms, no dedicated servers so the host will always have an advantage. Not many players online as well, I'd imagine there will be even less now that MW2 is out.

The game plays very much like Call of Duty, which is a plus in my book. The control scheme is almost identical with the exception of a few buttons. I liked the variety of weapons in game. Some are down right cool and there's also your veil abilities. The sound effects are great as well.

The graphics in game are subpar (based on the PS3 version). I felt like I was playing a WW2 game on the PS2 rather than a next gen game on the PS3. But other than the graphics and the lack of dedicated servers the gameplay is okay. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I suggest renting it first though.

i was the same as you. loved the demo. i did buy the game. i still havent finished it. I have a huge backlog of games to play.

bread's done
Back