Wolfenstein The New Order on PS4 $11.98 @ Target YMMV

sycomike01

CAGiversary!
[attachment=13515:rsz_20150401_213741.jpg]

I found this yesterday, and thought I would share. They had Wolfenstein in the clearence section for $11.98. YMMV Hopefully the pic is not to blurry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one problem with those worthless mega threads.

I DON'T SHOP AT TARGET.
So if there is a "Target Clearance" thread.. Odds are i'm not going to go look in the thread for one. We have two Targets here, and both have prices that are well above Walmart and Bestbuy. On just about everything. Sure I take a look at the weekly sales flyer, but thats it.

Also, Wolfenstein isn't one of those games I was really ever interested in to begin with. But.. for $11.98 you have my attention.

So when I see two threads mentioning Target. One says "Target Clearance" the other says "Wolfenstein $11.98 at Target" I'm going to go look at the Wolfenstein thread.

That ClusterF*** of a thread you mention... DOES NOT LIST WOLFENSTEIN AT ALL.
Wait... maybe page 17 post 9837596.0 does... :roll:
It *should* be listed on page 1 as being on clearance, it is not. (at any price)

So if the OP did check that thread first as you say he should have... HE WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN WOLFENSTEIN ANYWAY. OP did nothing wrong in posting this deal.
So every Target deal should be posted in a separate thread? Or where do you set the bar?

I checked the one on N Madison Ave and didnt see any copies. When I went to the one on Skyview Ave, I found 2 copies for myself and I think there were still 2-3 left. That was on Thursday.
still $20 in liberty, nobody was in electronics so i didnt bother to have them scan it and see if it was less. they still have clearance psp games so im guessing it hasnt been changed yet.

So every Target deal should be posted in a separate thread? Or where do you set the bar?
The Wolfenstein "deal" was NOT listed in the Target Clearance thread. Unless you searched and read every post in the thread.... you would not find it.

If I am looking for a "deal" at a SPECIFIC store, or seeing if that specific store has anything I might want, i'll be following that MAIN PAGE of that stores thread. If it's not listed on the main page... but buried deep in the thread, I will never see it.

That Target thread is NOT maintained properly.

Pretty much every other stores thread is maintained pretty good, Not Target thats for sure. Wolfenstein's deal has still not been posted on the main page even after this thread being 2+ days old...

1.If I am looking for a "deal" at a SPECIFIC store, or seeing if that specific store has anything I might want, i'll be following that MAIN PAGE of that stores thread. If it's not listed on the main page... but buried deep in the thread, I will never see it.

2. That Target thread is NOT maintained properly.
1. You keep making it sound as if everything is about you. If you miss the deal then better for the rest of us who put effort or read threads that you ignore.

2. Why don't you do something about it and put some work into it. There are CAGS who spend hours providing you with good information so why don't you contribute instead of complaining.

1. You keep making it sound as if everything is about you. If you miss the deal then better for the rest of us who put effort or read threads that you ignore.

2. Why don't you do something about it and put some work into it. There are CAGS who spend hours providing you with good information so why don't you contribute instead of complaining.
1. People like you bitch if others do not spend ALL day reading your posts and reading ALL of your required threads.

Seems that *any* poster that posts a "deal" outside of one of the mega threads are always told the MAIN PAGE of the mega thread is always updated.. (it's not) And that we should always check that page first... OP posted a deal that was not listed on any main page of any mega thread. (still isn't)

2. People like you bitch if someone posts deals, like Wolfenstein, outside of the Target thread. Then tell others *they* need to spend time keeping a thread they didn't start nor care about, updated. since you say that I should put work into it... why don't you? you seem to have the time.

With your response to point #2 you are in fact admitting I am correct. (And the OP)

(Tinypic is slow as Hell right now...) But when/if it does load you will see that a SIMPLE search of the CAG Video game deals forums shows ZERO mention of Wolfenstein on sale/clearance (for $11.98 YMMV) outside of this very thread. Not even in your beloved "Target Clearance" thread.

Edit: odd, the search is only showing me results for thread topics, even searching all the forums. Going back multiple days in the target clearance thread it is mentioned by a few people but not listing it on the main page of the thread.

2cftvsn.png

1. You keep making it sound as if everything is about you. If you miss the deal then better for the rest of us which put effort or read threads that you ignore.

Or you raging megathread dorks can just chill out and stop attacking people such as the OP for posting something outside one of those clutterf*** threads. If your OCD is driving you that mad just go organize your transformers collection.

The target at the Westminster mall in Westminster, CA Had one copy left on Xbone marked $11.98. I was looking for a PS4 copy so I didn't grab it. This was as of an hour ago.

Some Targets near me still have New Order on clearance at 30. Others are 11.98 but out of stock. Can I buy it for $30 at a store that has it in stock then return/rebuy at the lower price store (prices from Brickseeker)?

How cute, you actually think I care.
I know you don't. You've already pointed out that Slickdeals is the easiest place to find video game deals. So it's obvious you're only hanging around CAG to give yourself an ego boost using immature insults.

And just a rhetorical question, since you don't care, why edit your post and claim civility?

Had my copy of wolfenstein for a month or so and finally took it out of hiding. Picked it up at $11.98 and Kirby Epic Yarn $9.99

I know you don't. You've already pointed out that Slickdeals is the easiest place to find video game deals. So it's obvious you're only hanging around CAG to give yourself an ego boost using immature insults.

And just a rhetorical question, since you don't care, why edit your post and claim civility?
Obvious huh? Hurts for me to have to tell you, but you're actually quite incorrect. Don't let it get you down tho', some people would have sworn that the earth was flat back in the day. We're not all thinkers, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I simply try to support those who are at least trying to contribute as opposed to tearing them apart for not putting it where they think it belongs. Not a very supportive community if you ask me.

And in response to your question regarding my choice to edit a post, they were actually not related to one another. Bet that just melted your little mind didn't it. I don't need an ego boost, and if I did the last place I would ever get one would be from a video game deals website talking to you (sorry, you're just not that important).

I would rather the occasional deal I might not have seen get posted. You don't have to open every thread. I don't bother with the Target MegaThread too often either. My local Target doesn't have a great track record of having anything on clearance I ever wanted. Lucky if they have standard sales. Not sure why. Maybe because it is a corner store of a decent sized mall.

Seems like the deal for this game wasn't even posted in the megathread. At least on the PSN deals thread frisky seems to do a pretty decent job of keeping the first few posts updated so you don' t have to read pages and pages of stuff to find the deals.

Anyway I just don't get the complaining. Don't want to read smaller threads dedicated to one game deal then don't.

Turns out my local Target didn't have Wolfenstein anyway.

Seems like the deal for this game wasn't even posted in the megathread. At least on the PSN deals thread frisky seems to do a pretty decent job of keeping the first few posts updated so you don' t have to read pages and pages of stuff to find the deals.

Anyway I just don't get the complaining. Don't want to read smaller threads dedicated to one game deal then don't.

Turns out my local Target didn't have Wolfenstein anyway.
Most of the guys keeping the mega threads going do a great job. Frisky does a great job, but I have to admit the psn thread is the one I pay the most attention to. For whatever reason the target thread is not updated, still posted in.. Just not updated.

And yeah, why post just to complain? Just ignore it and move on. This thread probably would have died much sooner if those that just came here to complain, would have just ignored it.

I stay out of the steam thread, I do follow it.. But 99% of what I read in the actual thread is just stupid shit. If I were to post there... I'd probably be banned inside of a day lol.

For those in NYC, I was able to get the Xbox1 version for $11.98 at the Target at Flatbush near Brooklyn College. Only a few left and I was really surprised they were in stock at all. Saw also that Target was running a deal for a few days bringing the price of the Xbox1 console bundled with the Master Chief Collection down to $300 after getting 10% off using Target cartwheel and 5% off using Redcard. Maybe better deals will come along next Black Friday but the price is sweet enough for me to get it now. I told myself if I can get it bundled with MCC instead of Assassin's Creed for a decent price, I'm picking it up. I guess today was that day spurred on from spotting Wolfenstein.

The PS4 version of Wolfenstein had a clearance sticker on it with a $19.98 price. They have lots of copies left. Was really there to buy the PS4 version as I've been building up a small collection before buying the system. Now if they can run a Cartwheel deal for a PS4 that would bring the price this low.

They also have the Xbox360 version but I forgot if it was priced at $14.98 or $17.98.

I finally found an X1 copy. If anyone cares to save the 4 Target trip that I did the DCPI is: 207 32 0956. PS4 copies everywhere though.

Bought at $20, returned and re-bought for $12 at a store that Brickseeker indicated was $11.98 but out of stock. Winning.

is brickseeker usually 100% accurate? my target has a bunch for $20, which is already a good price, but wondering if theres a chance it might be lower when I show up. 

my store had some xbox 360 copies for 15$ and i was willing to pay that much for an x1 copy so i asked if they had any in the back and sadly they didn't  :wall:

but hey, got 2k15 in the mail so it's all good  :D/

is brickseeker usually 100% accurate? my target has a bunch for $20, which is already a good price, but wondering if theres a chance it might be lower when I show up.
Not 100% accurate, but its pretty reliable. I wouldn't go out of my way to check that.

1. Most of the guys keeping the mega threads going do a great job. Frisky does a great job, but I have to admit the psn thread is the one I pay the most attention to. 2. For whatever reason the target thread is not updated, still posted in.. Just not updated.

3. And yeah, why post just to complain? Just ignore it and move on. 4. This thread probably would have died much sooner if those that just came here to complain, would have just ignored it.

5. But 99% of what I read in the actual thread is just stupid shit.
1. You bet they do a great job in keeping up the threads.

2. Why does the main posting need to be updated to become useful or valuable? Just read the last 2 pages to get caught up and see the latest information. If you don't do this, that's just laziness on your part.

3. Agreed, you post to complain as well about how others perceive this type of thread. Why not just ignore their comments and move on?

4. You should do what you preach and stop responding to those who shared their opinion to which you don't agree to.

5. And I am guessing you are the 1% who writes valuable posts with insightful information?

Seriously, we would have 100 threads for every single Target clearance deal if one person thought it needed it is own thread.

1. You bet they do a great job in keeping up the threads.

2. Why does the main posting need to be updated to become useful or valuable? Just read the last 2 pages to get caught up and see the latest information. If you don't do this, that's just laziness on your part.

3. Agreed, you post to complain as well about how others perceive this type of thread. Why not just ignore their comments and move on?

4. You should do what you preach and stop responding to those who shared their opinion to which you don't agree to.

5. And I am guessing you are the 1% who writes valuable posts with insightful information?

Seriously, we would have 100 threads for every single Target clearance deal if one person thought it needed it is own thread.
The POINT of the mega threads is to keep the main page updated.

They *all* do, except the target thread.

I'm set to 50 posts per page, taking your advice to "Just read the last 2 pages to get caught up and see the latest information. If you don't do this, that's just laziness on your part."

Steam mega thread, last 96 posts that show up on my last two+ pages... not one mention of any deal, just useless banter. (I didn't bother going back further than a few pages) But guess what? the main page *IS* up to date.

My point proven.

fucking move on. It's the internet. Everyone doesn't agree with you. And I know I'm not helping but quit being such pricks about a damn thread on a forum. Go outside, breathe and scream at your neighbor.

fucking move on. It's the internet. Everyone doesn't agree with you. And I know I'm not helping but quit being such pricks about a damn thread on a forum. Go outside, breathe and scream at your neighbor.
Why would someone scream at their neighbor?

We can agree you are not helping.

Found a PS4 copy for $11.98 at Buckhead location in Atlanta. Brickseeker says there are more but it took me forever just to find that one copy, their clearance games are very disorganized. Saw some PS3 copies but nothing for either Xbox.

Fwiw, the ps4 and xb1 copies are the ones to get, the PC port is hit or miss, even on high end systems.

At the Target in Dothan, AL they had the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Wolfenstein TNO for $11.98. The PS3 version was $14.80 I believe.

Struck out yesterday; drove all the way to Lake Mary FL to get one of the last 2 copies brickseek PROMISED would be there, turns out they sent them back to their warehouse.

If anybody has an extra copy for the Bone let me know how much you want including shipping to 32720. Thanks in advance, and thanks OP for bringing this to our attention.

I have an extra copy of Wolfenstein PS4 NIB if anyone wants to PM an offer. Trades or PP welcome. Not looking to rip off other CAGs either. Hope this helps someone who missed out.

bread's done
Back