Wolfestein Stalks the X360

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
n a world seemingly dominated by popular young upstarts (we're looking at you, Halo and Gears of War), it's good to see that granddaddy of FPS genre, Castle Wolfenstein, is still keen to stake a claim in the genre it arguably created.

Id's Kevin Cloud said in an interview that the company and Raven (who has already collaborated on Quake 4) "are working together to take advantage of all the graphic capabilities that the Xbox 360 has to offer, and what we're doing with Wolfenstein is creating this one, large empire that is seamlessly loaded to the player as he explores his world."

This will mark the first time that Id will develop a Wolfenstein away from the PC, but developer John Carmack is keen to put gamers at ease, claiming that "the Xbox 360 is the first console that I've ever worked with that actually has development tools that are better for games than what we've got for the PC."

Cloud added that the new Wolfenstein "is really a way of redefining the way first person games are experienced." Bold words, but with the release date of the game on the distant horizon we'll have to wait to see if Wolfenstein can truly evolve this over-populated genre

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149299&skip=yes

You guys have been asking for it...at least now we know its in development.

didnt realize people didnt know this was coming to 360 D:

I preordered mine on bestbuy.com back during the marketplace point sale. Said a january release

I just hope it keeps the zombies and wacky occult stuff. If it becomes a straight forward historical WWII shooter I'll have to pass.

[quote name='Weedy649']didnt realize people didnt know this was coming to 360 D:

I preordered mine on bestbuy.com back during the marketplace point sale. Said a january release[/QUOTE]
not gonna happen

sweet! I loved this game on the PC. ALthough, they better have some major
innovations compared to their last game, if they want to even stand a chance against gow, halo 3, and all the other shooters that will come out between then

I was hoping this meant Wolfenstein 3D was coming to the arcade. It's still possible, with the release of a new wolfenstein.

[quote name='peteloaf']I just hope it keeps the zombies and wacky occult stuff. If it becomes a straight forward historical WWII shooter I'll have to pass.[/QUOTE]

Hell yea.

I think I just pissed myself in excitement. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one amazing FPS.

This will be better than Quake 4 on the 360 because, as the article says, it looks to be developed from the ground up to take advantage of the 360 and isn't a simple port.

I predict people wil shit on this game , for being the old style of shooter with health packs and using the DooM 3 engine .

I am there on day one however .

[quote name='thrustbucket']Bad ass... we always need more shooters on 360, aren't enough[/QUOTE]
Ditto, with 5x the sarcasm.

Kick ass! yay, but hopefully this one is good since the last cycle of FPSes (last holiday season) was incredible with CoD3, Rainbow Six Vegas, FEAR, etc.

[quote name='Apossum']awesome!
now please don't suck like doom 3[/quote]

huh did I miss something ? cause Doom 3 was a damn good game.

[quote name='danked']huh did I miss something ? cause Doom 3 was a damn good game.[/quote]
For whatever reason it's always been cool to bash Doom 3. I've never under stood it as it's on of my all time favorites.

Doom 3 felt like 1/2 a game. It had the atmosphere down, but wasn't much fun. I heard the expansion on the PC made it a much better game but never cared enough to try it out.

I like the game speed that is attainable in id engine games .

Prey was a good speed .

This game will redeem the DooM 3 engine , i predict .

I wonder if the people with negative/skeptical responses have even played a Wolfenstein game. If it's anything like the others, it will not disappoint.

[quote name='Apossum']awesome!

now please don't suck like doom 3[/QUOTE]

With every one of your posts, my hate for you grows. Doom 3 was a damn fine game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I wonder if the people with negative/skeptical responses have even played a Wolfenstein game. If it's anything like the others, it will not disappoint.[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I loved that multiplayer ...

I really hope it DOESN'T use the Doom 3 engine... I mean, it looked good when that game first came out, but it's looking pretty dated at this point.

[quote name='captmurphy']I really hope it DOESN'T use the Doom 3 engine... I mean, it looked good when that game first came out, but it's looking pretty dated at this point.[/quote]

Total blasphemy !

RTCW was the first game that really got me into online gaming, and it's one of only 3 games I used to play online on a regular basis (along with NCAA Football 2004 and Halo 2). As long as the multiplayer is as good as RTCW's (transmit the documents!), it should be a great game.

[quote name='captmurphy']I really hope it DOESN'T use the Doom 3 engine... I mean, it looked good when that game first came out, but it's looking pretty dated at this point.[/quote]

Look at Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Does that look outdated to you? And yes it does use the doom 3 engine.

The Doom3 engine and engines in general are built to last for many many years. I'd say that the Doom3 engine is barely into the middle of its lifespan.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']The Doom3 engine and engines in general are built to last for many many years. I'd say that the Doom3 engine is barely into the middle of its lifespan.[/quote]

I hope you are right, because Doom 3, Quake 4 and Prey aren't the most overwhelming graphic powerhouses in this day and age.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Hopefully this won't suck like every other console port ID has done.[/QUOTE]

It's not a port. It sounds like ID will be developing the game specifically using 360 tools.

And I hated Wolfenstein MP. Does not even hold a candle to TFC. Not even close.

bread's done
Back