Wonderfalls: The Complete Series $15.99 @ Amazon

What a coincidence.

A show that was cancelled by Fox that has great reviews.

I think I am going to hold off on this only because I've never heard of it.

Tell me more of this Wonderfalls you speak of bhk. I might pick it up for Valentines day for my wife, if I can find a deal for filler. I've never seen any of this show... just heard of it a few times.

Got this show from Netflix, loved every minute of it. I highly suggest it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BuckinKaeding']
I think I am going to hold off on this only because I've never heard of it.[/quote]

Then you sir are an idiot. :)

Just buy the damn show right this second, for that price buy two and get the free shipping. I spent $20 on it, never having seen it before, knowing next to nothing about it, and I LOVE it! Awesome show!

Can you compare it to any other show?

Is it as funny as Arrested Development?

Edit: okay im going to do it. I need to find another TV Show thats on sale so I can get free shipping.

For people that loved Pushing Daisies it is the same creator (Bryan Fuller) and has Lee Pace in a supporting role. Bryan Fuller also wrote and executive produced for season 1 Heroes. Tim Minear also executive produced and co-wrote 2 episodes, he has worked with Joss Whedon on Angel and Firefly as a director and writer. Its a fun show set in Niagara Falls about a slacker girl dealing with family and the fact the inanimate objects have started talking to her and telling her do things (which make up alot of the individual episode plots). Only 3 or 4 episodes aired but the set has all 12 shot episodes. Its a great quirky show.

If you are hesitating, don't. This is a great series -- funny, smart, with terrific writing and a great cast. There's wide appeal here and it is a good show to own on DVD because it's totally rewatchable.

The only bad thing about this show is that it ends. Watching it on DVD, I thoroughly enjoyed it, trying to balance making it last with wanting to watch another episode.

[quote name='blandstalker']

The only bad thing about this show is that it ends. Watching it on DVD, I thoroughly enjoyed it, trying to balance making it last with wanting to watch another episode.[/quote]

But it ends well, no cliffhanger! They planned for the show's 13 episodes to be like a miniseries. Smart move on their part.

I have rewatched it three times and a friend watched it one other time.

It's much better than Pushing Daisies!

I've never heard of this show but after reading this post I looked it up and it seems worth it. I really hate when good shows get canceled before they have a chance to reach a high point. Take Surface; Sci-Fi sitcom about underwater lizard...things, for example. I loved the show as did many of my friends. It was canceled after one season leaving me with a depressed looking box set that states "Surface: The Complete Series". The series is not complete, and the box set weeps because it wishes it had reach a proper ending. I'm going to purchase this box set, not just because it seems interesting, but also because I want the corporate giants who cancel shows before they get a chance to start to realize that these shows need more than a season- or in this case four episodes- to get off the ground.

^ You go brother!

Surface did poorly and was a really dumb show, but at least they showed all the episodes. Wonderfalls had 4 episodes! Why can't networks just show all the epsiodes of a show that are made?

The show was written by Bryan Fuller--who did Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and Heroes--that alone should be enough to warrant a purchase--a great deal but I already own it.

[quote name='KyleN']The show was written by Bryan Fuller--who did Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and Heroes--that alone should be enough to warrant a purchase--a great deal but I already own it.[/quote]

He only did the first 5 episodes of DLM, he quit because Showtime, which had Queer as Folk, wouldn't let him make the dad gay.

I watched the original pilot on YouTube, but it didn't really make me want to watch the rest of the series. How representative is it of the series as a whole?

I basically know nothing about what this show is like, but the premise sounds interesting and it's one of those shows I've heard so many good recommendations about, that I'm willing to give it a shot. The most recent show I bought sight unseen--Dexter--I ended up loving.

In for 1!

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']Can you compare it to any other show?

Is it as funny as Arrested Development?

Edit: okay im going to do it. I need to find another TV Show thats on sale so I can get free shipping.[/quote]

No, definitely not. This is more of a cute romantic comedy (with some decent humor) rather than a laugh out loud. There is also less dependency between episodes.

[quote name='Moosejaw']I basically know nothing about what this show is like, but the premise sounds interesting and it's one of those shows I've heard so many good recommendations about, that I'm willing to give it a shot. The most recent show I bought sight unseen--Dexter--I ended up loving.

In for 1![/QUOTE]

If this makes you feel any better, I loved Dexter as well. :)

bread's done
Back