wonderful people.

drunken_master

CAGiversary!
Isn't it wonderfull to have a gamer girlfriend who is willing to feed your broke ass gamming addiction? I have been broke and all get out for about 4 months and i got hooked on the UT2004 demo. I really needed that game and had no consevable way of getting it. So anyway i got together with her on friday and it came up that i was hopelessly addicted to it and she offered to buy it for me. After I told her that i couldn't let her buy it for me she insited that she get it for me. I am going to get it tomarow when i get to school tomarow.

So, anyone else have any anicdotes to share

My girlfriend buys me games whenever i want them, although she will only buy the games she wants to play too... but she has some pretty good taste, she has been trying to find la pucelle for us to play but has been unsuccesful, and she won't order online because she is paranoid.

[quote name='xzafixz']My girlfriend buys me games whenever i want them, although she will only buy the games she wants to play too... but she has some pretty good taste, she has been trying to find la pucelle for us to play but has been unsuccesful, and she won't order online because she is paranoid.[/quote]

if you have a fry's near you, they're selling them for $25 :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='xzafixz']My girlfriend buys me games whenever i want them, although she will only buy the games she wants to play too... but she has some pretty good taste, she has been trying to find la pucelle for us to play but has been unsuccesful, and she won't order online because she is paranoid.[/quote]

if you have a fry's near you, they're selling them for $25 :)[/quote]

you sure its $25 and not $35?

Please learn to spell tomorrow before you get out of high school.

And get a job, too. Then you'll have money to buy your own games and your girlfriend won't drop you like a bad habbit for being a leech.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Thank you for saying that, bmulligan, because you were far nicer in how you said it then I would have been.[/quote]

Well someone was going to have to say it...and I got here late.

But on topic, that is a very cool thing for her to do for you. I bet you'll enjoy it even more when it's free!

[quote name='goldengraham'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='xzafixz']My girlfriend buys me games whenever i want them, although she will only buy the games she wants to play too... but she has some pretty good taste, she has been trying to find la pucelle for us to play but has been unsuccesful, and she won't order online because she is paranoid.[/quote]

if you have a fry's near you, they're selling them for $25 :)[/quote]

you sure its $25 and not $35?[/quote]

my bad. i meant $35 :lol:

The only other reason I can think of that would explain her wanting to buy you this game is so that you'll be occupied while she's dating some other guy and she won't have to give you the "It's not you, it's me", speech.

[quote name='Wshakspear']"You been cheatin on me bitch!"
"yeah, well all you ever do is play games!"
---silence---
"your fat."[/quote]

You're fat.

NO! It's starting. Darn those Grammar Nazis!

My b/f buys games for himself, then I play them, since we basically have the same interests. (Hope I didn't mispell anything)

A free game is a free game, regardless of who gives them to you. Off course it feels better knowing that you are able to get games whenever you want them cause you work!

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Wshakspear']"You been cheatin on me bitch!"
"yeah, well all you ever do is play games!"
---silence---
"your fat."[/quote]

You're fat.

NO! It's starting. Darn those Grammar Nazis![/quote]

you have just become a splinter cell of the gestapo.

a traitor of the misspelling ninjas, Jsweeney was forced to wander the unbeaten path, searching for redemption. what he found was a peaceful group of the good guys, a true force of light. he became the mystical third arm of the grammar gestapo. he became...

THE SPELLING SAMURAI.

Dude, it not really about misspelling. Anyone can understand an a for e replacement or the occasional letter switch around, or even a phoenetic attempt at a word that may not be in someone's regular vocabulary. We all know that we tend to type too fast for our own good and mistakes happen.

It's the fundamental grammar mistakes that are so annoying like 'your' and 'you're'. Too and to is another annoying one. The killer one is the their, there, and they're, screwup. It really makes gamers look like a bunch of dumbasses. Wouldn't you rather have a fellow gamer correct you than your english teacher having to do it in copious amounts of red ink on your next 5 pager about Brittish literature?

Everybody misspells, but only ignoramooses don't know the difference between 'were' and 'we're'.

[quote name='bmulligan']It really makes gamers look like a bunch of dumbasses.[/quote]

umm... wouldn't most of us fall under that category??

Wouldn't you rather have a fellow gamer correct you than your english teacher having to do it in copious amounts of red ink on your next 5 pager about Brittish literature?

ha! my English III teacher doesn't mind bad spelling as long as its understandable.

Everybody misspells, but only ignoramooses don't know the difference between 'were' and 'we're'.

I suppose that is reasonable. I have IE Spell on my home computer for these reasons.

English III? That means your what, a junior? A junior in highschool and you have to mooch off your gf for games because you dont have a job? If that happened to me, I would not accept the game, and force her to take it back. I wouldnt want to take advantage of my girl.

bread's done
Back