WOO SHAQFUIN' HOO!! got into a "real" college!

A

Apossum

i'm so glad the wait is over, cause I've had a very stressed out semester, as I've been waiting for college acceptance letters the whole time. CAG has been my only refuge away from people asking me where i'm going, what i'm majoring in, telling me about where they're going, what they're majoring in, parents asking when the letters will come, and basically, a reminder around every corner about my undetermined fate and the looming possibility of staying in this suburb for another year or so. With a checkered educational past such as my own, you don't really know what the hell a school will think of you :lol:

WELL

It all ended today-- got into University of Wisconsin at Madison, which was the hardest school to get into on my list. I'll probably get into the other 2 I applied to-- Loyola U and Depaul U both in Chicago. It'll come down to where I want to live. The more I think about it, the closer I lean to Madison, as it's a better school than the others.

yaaaaaaayyyyyy!! :)

WOO HOO!!

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...
:bouncy:
kasumi.gif

Wisconsin Madison is a nice place. Congrats and good luck to you. Hell I didn't apply or get an acceptance letter until March my senior year, I only applied to one university.

Nice. Don't forget to drink your face off, hook up with tons of hot chicks and study like crazy so you can get a good job or into a good grad school. Enjoy the best years of your life!

Yes, the #1 party school in America! (settled by Germans, after all). Madison is a great town, and they tend to be pretty good in both football and basketball, and have great student sections. Go for it!

[quote name='javeryh']Nice. Don't forget to drink your face off, hook up with tons of hot chicks and study like crazy so you can get a good job or into a good grad school. Enjoy the best years of your life![/QUOTE]

oh i've been through the gamut, just while running around the country when I was supposed to be at college. I'm 24, been stuck at Community college for the past year. :lol:

i'm going strictly for the good job/grad school part, with a steady girlfriend (hopefully) and a sane amount of drinking. :)

[quote name='Apossum']i'm so glad the wait is over, cause I've had a very stressed out semester, as I've been waiting for college acceptance letters the whole time. CAG has been my only refuge away from people asking me where i'm going, what i'm majoring in, telling me about where they're going, what they're majoring in, parents asking when the letters will come, and basically, a reminder around every corner about my undetermined fate and the looming possibility of staying in this suburb for another year or so. With a checkered educational past such as my own, you don't really know what the hell a school will think of you :lol:

WELL

It all ended today-- got into University of Wisconsin at Madison, which was the hardest school to get into on my list. I'll probably get into the other 2 I applied to-- Loyola U and Depaul U both in Chicago. It'll come down to where I want to live. The more I think about it, the closer I lean to Madison, as it's a better school than the others.

yaaaaaaayyyyyy!! :)

WOO HOO!!

Bouncy bouncy bouncy...
kasumi.gif
:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Congrats on gettting into the #1 party school in the US. I just graduated out of UW-Mad in May 2005. What are you majoring in?

Cool. UW-Madison CAGs represent. I only applied to one school and it was Madison. I wanted to go to Northwestern but there was no way I could ever afford it so I didn't even apply.

Edit: o rly? I should read more gooder I didn't know you were a grad student. Ignore the stuff I said then.

[quote name='Jeoff']Cool. UW-Madison CAGs represent. I only applied to one school and it was Madison. I wanted to go to Northwestern but there was no way I could ever afford it so I didn't even apply.

Edit: o rly? I should read more gooder I didn't know you were a grad student. Ignore the stuff I said then.[/QUOTE]

Nah, i'm not a grad student, just a fogey undergrad :lol: might do law at NWU, if that's what I end up getting into.

Congrats on gettting into the #1 party school in the US. I just graduated out of UW-Mad in May 2005. What are you majoring in?

thanks :) as far as subjects go, it'll probably be a combo of Sociology and English, though I may throw in History, or scrap it all for education or do a double major. Still feeling it out till I see exactly what I want to do.

[quote name='Apossum']
thanks :) as far as subjects go, it'll probably be a combo of Sociology and English, though I may throw in History, or scrap it all for education or do a double major. Still feeling it out till I see exactly what I want to do.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much you know about Madison, but if you need some info, PM me. I can tell you where the game shops are, what big parties to look out for, the likes. Oh yea, maybe something about the classes too, if that's more your thing. :lol:

hey congratulations. And good luck!

Always remember 2 things:
1- Eat b4 you drink
2- Dont get sucked into the credit card debt hole.

[quote name='nachzeher']I don't know how much you know about Madison, but if you need some info, PM me. I can tell you where the game shops are, what big parties to look out for, the likes. Oh yea, maybe something about the classes too, if that's more your thing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

pmed :)

Madison is a great city. I'm a grad student @ the UW. Go Badgers!

random quote:
"Thanks Elimidate.... First you give us a girl who's pregnant....P-R-E-G-nant....pregnant;
now you give us this crazy-ass whacked up ho. You just keep on givin'"

[quote name='Apossum']as far as subjects go, it'll probably be a combo of Sociology and English[/QUOTE]

Even the almighty UC Berkeley sociology department cowers in fear of the almighty Madison.

Seriously, #1 soc program in the nation.

Michael Ball, Myra Marx Ferree, Paul Lichterman, Doug Maynard, Paul Voss, and Erik Olin Wright. It's like a superstar cavalcade of people nobody's ever heard of, and that's only about 6 people out of a 40+ person faculty.

Tre' jealous!

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Double Post.[/QUOTE]there is a delete function for posts,

anyways, congrats and good luck at college man!

Why not UIC, NorthWestern, Loyola, Depaul? You would have gotten in-state rates. Unless they promised that too. Still congrats, bub.

Thanks all :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Even the almighty UC Berkeley sociology department cowers in fear of the almighty Madison.

Michael Ball, Myra Marx Ferree, Paul Lichterman, Doug Maynard, Paul Voss, and Erik Olin Wright. It's like a superstar cavalcade of people nobody's ever heard of, and that's only about 6 people out of a 40+ person faculty.

Tre' jealous![/QUOTE]

whoa, I've heard it's good, but I didn't realize all of them were teaching there. I recognize all of those names from the book we're reading for my social problems course.

I'm pretty excited, but Myke-- please PM me a freaking crash course on the perspectives and a couple soundbytes I can use to pretend like I know something-- cause the soc classes I've taken at my cc have been more than kinda janky :lol:

Only if you storm into Michael Ball's office and demand a copy of his book from 1989 on professional wrestling; that motherfucker's only available on Amazon for $90 used, and half.com for $240!

;) I'll see what I can do. IIRC, Ferree is this year's president of the American Sociological Association (or maybe it's Francis Fox Piven). She wrote a fantastic book on "framing processes" in the abortion movement.

[quote name='mykevermin']Even the almighty UC Berkeley sociology department cowers in fear of the almighty Madison.

Tre' jealous![/QUOTE]
Really, I thought University of Chicago was #1.

[quote name='docvinh']Really, I thought University of Chicago was #1.[/QUOTE]

i thought so too, but a lot of people say that the grad school is really where it's at. one of my professors is bent on this theory-- he says UofC traps people with it's prestige, but that it all comes from the grad program and they use that to trick people into going into their under grad program, which is really just a fundraiser for their grad program. I have no idea how much truth there is to that...he teaches at Northwestern, so he's a bit biased. ;-)

bread's done
Back