Woot Deal of the Day 06/21/10: Motorola Xbox 360 Gaming Headset $3.99

I actually think it's a solid headset and fairly well made, particularly compared to a lot of the junky third-party sets out there. It does sit tight over a long while of gaming, but for the most part it's solid and works fine.

Overall I actually bought 2 of 'em, $13 shipped is actually not a bad deal at all for a pair of these, especially if you're on Live a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
the head set it junk... BUT there is one saving grace.
The little piece that plugs into the bottom of the controller
It allows you to use any headset that has a mini plug (like most cell phone head sets) and control volume and mute functions. I use the plug from this headset with a plantronics head set and it is wonderful

I've used this headset for years. I love it.

Granted, I don't play for hours at a sitting, so the weight/tightness part of it doesn't bother me as much as it does some.

But I've had one of these for four or five years, and it's recently started to go. I had thought about the $30'ish Turtle Beach headset, but when this came up on Woot, I bought it right away. Been looking for another one of these for a couple years now (since I knew the one I've got would wear out eventually).

I'm considering a few of these just because they're so cheap, and I've been looking for a dual function headset like it for a while. Thanks, OP! I'll probably end up getting at least one. :D

I bit on this headset, my Microsoft el-cheapo one that comes in the box is really difficult for me to hear out of sometimes.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I'd pass and dish out a bit more for the Microsoft wireless headset.. but that's just me. I've had one for about 2 1/2 years and it STILL holds a long lasting charge. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1277109698&sr=8-1&seller=[/QUOTE]

I must have huge ears. I just sold mine on eBay because it gripped my ear tightly and it seemed very quiet. Though I got mine when it first came out, maybe they've improved significantly...

[quote name='F8X']Anyone found a free shipping coupon code? Its the one thing holding me back from getting one.[/QUOTE]

Paying for shipping is something you'll need to get used to if you use woot.

This has been $10 with free shipping recently at Buy.com so this is more or less the same deal, with Woot's slug-slow shipping. Often Buy.com ships from an address very similar to Woot's. Look for those recent threads, you'll find the same kinds of comments about comfort and voice quality.

My main problem with the default headset is that the boom doesn't reach my mouth. Maybe I have a big/long head but it doesn't reach and people have trouble hearing me. I also feel like they come in too low as well. How is this headset in that regard?

[quote name='Calinks']My main problem with the default headset is that the boom doesn't reach my mouth. Maybe I have a big/long head but it doesn't reach and people have trouble hearing me. I also feel like they come in too low as well. How is this headset in that regard?[/QUOTE]

I feel ya on the sound in the earpiece problems...i have a hearing problem already and they sometimes just cant get the volume loud enough. My hope is that bieng in a noise-cancelling cone it will be louder and thus better..but will have to wait and see when it comes in.

I got mine in today so if you ordered one it will probably arrive soon. Haven't tried it out yet though.

Testing it out right now. Works pretty good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back