Woot Off 12/07/07!!!!!!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']...so, wait, what exactly is a woot off?[/QUOTE]

this is my 1st one.

normally deals are for a day only.

WOOT OFF deals are listed until they run out.

New items usually every few minutes

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']...so, wait, what exactly is a woot off?[/QUOTE]

Usually they sell just one item per 24 hour period.

But during a Woot-Off, once they'll sell out of one item, they switch in another and so on and so forth.

But what make Woof-Off's special is that during one, they will sell a mystery bag - known to their customers as "Bags of Crap," or "Boxes of Cabbage" or "Blinged Out Cabbage."

Each one you order (limit 3 if you can even get in on one) costs $1 and theres a flat fee of $5.

What's even better is people have been known to receive Wii's, PS3's and even flat-screen TV's from this deal - and all it cost them was $1. But you'll most likely get mousepads, tech-related nick-nacks, toys or small time electrons - well wortht he $1+5 cost you're paying.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Usually they sell just one item per 24 hour period.

But during a Woot-Off, once they'll sell out of one item, they switch in another and so on and so forth.

But what make Woof-Off's special is that during one, they will sell a mystery bag - known to their customers as "Bags of Crap," or "Boxes of Cabbage" or "Blinged Out Cabbage."
.[/quote]

...they?

Link please? ^^

So do you have to buy the Woot off item to be able to get a mystery box, or is the box separate (between woots?)

I've done woot a bunch, but I've never remembered to check it out around a woot off.

I just got my bag of crap from the last woot off on Wednesday. Got a backpack, 2 wireless xbox headsets (don't work on the 360 unfortunately), some xbox racing game in spanish, and a Mr.T book on a 45 record.

Yeah, they can show up at any time. Then you have a few seconds to try and get in on it before they all sell out. Good luck man.

The robot they have up now seems cool. Would make a great gift. The last few things didnt seem worth buying. Sucks I dont have the money for this at the time.

This is a pretty cool idea for a store.

When I first read the thread I wondered if we had all gotten past our hell levels in Everquest.

Now I see how this works. If they see that stuff is selling fast to slow it all down they put something up that costs alot and is something not alot of people would want.

Also that 1.99 tool set was that a boc or will they just say boc when they sell it?

[quote name='sendme']I get an error when I load up that woottracker site.[/quote]

Wouldn't work in IE for me, using Firefox.

damn it i think i am the only one on here that hates firefox. Damn thing would always crash on me after about 3 days and i would lose all my favorites. I have thought about using opera.

EDIT:
How often do they do this wootoff.

[quote name='Filbert']That gaming headset was up and sold out before I could google a review of it.[/quote]

I saw it, thought about it, refreshed the page, and it had sold out within 30 seconds.

[quote name='sendme']To bad they do not show the prices after it sold. I would have liked to get http://www.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=3540. Sucks I now have to goto work. So I will ask again how often do they do this.[/quote]
If you click on the Discuss This link you can usually find a post that has the pricing information in it. A lot of the time the posts (I think they are by wootalyzer or wootilyzer, something like that) don't show up during Woot Offs though.

That item was $85 inc shipping though. It's $99 at Amazon though.

And they do it whenever they feel like it. Average to about one a month I'd say.

Woah... Look at that. Is that a new feature?

bread's done
Back