Woot! Puzzle Quest Wii?

Yep, the DS version has been on my list to buy for a long time now, but if this is real then I guess I'm safe skipping the DS one.

Dude... I finally caved in on the DS version last week, and now this?

I'd rebuy if a heartbeat. Hopefully DS-Wii Connectivity?

If this is bugless, I guess that's good, but I'd rather play this anywhere on the PSP or DS. These types of games are really made for a portable. That said, I'm glad they aren't looking to price this at $50 (like I'm assuming they will when Geometry Wars comes out...)

I don't think I'd rebuy. I have it on DS and it's the perfect portable game. The thought of sitting on my couch playing it doesn't do anything for me, to tell you the truth.

It'll be cool if you can battle other players over the internet though.

[quote name='keithp']I don't think I'd rebuy. I have it on DS and it's the perfect portable game. The thought of sitting on my couch playing it doesn't do anything for me, to tell you the truth.

It'll be cool if you can battle other players over the internet though.[/quote]Yeah I like the fact I can play it anywhere and playing this on the TV doesn't do it for me. I like to be able to play in short segments without having to wait for my Wii to power on and off. Although Wifi does sound cool.

I bought it for the DS in April, so I've had a good fill of Puzzle Quest, but this rekindles my interest. If it's got online play, this is a must. Otherwise, it's not worth a repurchase. By the way, this was confirmed on one of the gaming blogs (Kotaku or Joystiq, can't remember which since I check both often.)

[quote name='dallow']
I wonder if they'll be both straight PSP ports? ;)[/QUOTE]

And port over all those bugs? I hope not.

[quote name='Strell']And port over all those bugs? I hope not.[/quote] The DS version had a worse bug, or at least, equally annoying

(I was actually going to type in "sans bug" but forgot.)

[quote name='dallow']The DS version had a worse bug, or at least, equally annoying
[/QUOTE]

I'll need some links to back it up. All my googles show PSP companion bugs. I saw a slight mention of a map bug in the DS version.

I have heard of DS bugs, but nothing as serious as the PSP version.

There were graphical glitches with text, and scrolling screens.
Also, something about the first grid having the same layout after every boot of the system.

It wasn't big news as they were all discovered later.
People talk about on boards.
Like here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168619

The PSP bug is NOT crippling. In fact, it's so minor. The DS is 10x worse.

PSP: Sidekicks don't do the aforementioned bonus, like remove 5 HP off of a 200HP monster. (NEGLIGIBLE)

DS: First game grid on every system boot is the same.
I hate the DS bug. I'm at about Level 35 or something, but I stopped playing because I was just annoyed by it. I liked it a lot at first, but that bug and some of the graphical and other glitches have made me lukewarm on it. Hopefully they'll make a more polished next iteration.
Etc etc. They know more than me.

[quote name='dallow']
Etc etc. They know more than me.[/QUOTE]

Hoo boy. Taking one stupid comment so far out of context as to persuade you.

Pretty sad.

The way I see it, it's like getting the same soup from two different chefs.

One of them puts paprika in his, so it has a nicer shade of red. However, I have to eat it with a fork. A fork!

The other doesn't add paprika, so his looks a little less shiny and warm. However, I get a goddamn spoon, which is the way soup is meant to be eaten, so I don't really care about the color.

But paprika makes it taste better, AND the difficulty in the journey only enhances the flavor.

Haha, alright, I think we're done here.

i can vouche for the ds bugs not being game crippling, i've had 3 seperate occasions where it has happened to me

1. Graphics glitch - i'm in a battle and suddenly 2-3 gems get that fuzzy mess of colours like when you turn on tv w/o cable, if you cast a spell or make a move it will disappear

# of occurences during my 50hr time span of playing the game:

it only happened once

2. starting board glitch (i don't really consider this a glitch, but whatever) - everytime you boot up PQ, you will always start with the same grid, i don't quite recall what it is, but very helpful if you're forging weapons or learning spells since this particular grid allows for a heroic effort after 2-3 specific moves

# of occurences during my 50hr time span of playing the game: like i said, everytime you BOOT up the game, this does NOT occur when you reset the game, only if you turn OFF the ds and start the game AGAIN will this happen

3. game freeze glitch - i can see this pissing off people if say they were fighting a boss char, however its so rare (at least in my case) of the glitch happening that it might as well not exist at all

# of occurences during my 50hr time span of playing the game: once, it was against a bat so i didn't care much

and thats my two cents :)

[quote name='alongx']That said, I'm glad they aren't looking to price this at $50 (like I'm assuming they will when Geometry Wars comes out...)[/QUOTE]
Considering Bizzare wanted to release Geometry Wars for free, I wouldn't give up how for a $30 GW: Galaxies (and Outpost Kaloki Wii, for that matter).

The PSP version has crashed twice on me, but those crashes were spread over 30-40 hours of play, so I'm not too upset. I'm a DS owner, I haven't played it on DS, but I still have no regrets about buying it on PSP and I think the controls work fine. I've never cursed the PSP controls while playing Puzzle Quest. Any mistakes are always my own error. Like another member said, I don't think I can see myself sitting on a couch playing this when I've already invested so many hours in the travel/bathroom version. It's unnecessary for me.

Currently, i'm addicted to the PSP version... Trust me, you do not want the DS version if you have a PSP. I got both and i have to say, the PSP version is far superior than the DS version.

While $30 for Wii is pretty good, but i have to say, this game is sooo addictive that you do not want to get it for the TV consoles, why?

1. Your TV gonna display pretty much the same image for most of the time, i.e. the puzzle grids. So, i don't think you want to get into this game if you have one of those LCDs or plasmas...
2. You want to be able to play whenever you have free time (easier to turn on a portable than TV console too).
3. I don't know about the Wii controls for this game, but i can definitely see tiring hands/arms with the Wiimote... Also frustration, since you'll be penalized for illegal moves.

The Wii version (if there is one) will not be a port of the DS or the PSP version. It'll be a port of the PC version, which was completed first, but the publisher has decided not to release...yet. Both the DS and the PSP version are ports of the PC version as well. Which is also why a downloadable PC demo appeared ahead of retail.

Source: Infinite Interactive Forum LINK (3rd post from bottom)
As someone who's doing beta testing for the game, I can assure you there is a 100% complete PC version in existance. Has been forever.

In fact the PC version was the 1st version ever made. All the rest are ports from that PC version since I2 doesn't have the development platforms for the DS or PSP..

As stated MANY times by the developers, there won't be a PC version until the publisher gives their OK.

On other other hand, the graphics in the PC version are NO different than what appears in the upcoming XBox version (I am running in 1900x1200). There are NO animations of characters in the conversations. Never has been and never will be. If that's a detriment to you purchasing the game then I guess your going to be taking a pass on PQ for the PC when it finally arrives.

KGB
If the Wii version supports online play (preferably with random matches instead of only supporting friend codes, more like Mario Strikers Charged online is said to work), I'll probably pick one up. I only spent about $10 on the DS version thanks to CAG. :)

I've only had one glitch show up in the DS version so far, but it wasn't game breaking, I was able to tap out of it to go to a previous menu...but I've only been playing for a week or so.

I'll definitely rebuy this (I already have the DS version) if it does in fact have online multiplayer. Otherwise, there's really no point. For anyone that doesn't already own it, though, it's a no-brainer. The game is addictive as hell.

[quote name='eugaet']The PC version has not been released (see my previous post)...[/quote]Ah, I misread.

What happened? They were supposed to come out at all at the same time.

It's official, according to Gamasutra...
D3 Publisher has announced that Infinite Interactive's hit Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - already a hit DS/PSP title and coming soon to Xbox Live Arcade - will be expanding to the Wii, PlayStation 2, PC, and mobile phones, with THQ handling PC and mobile publishing. Following D3's recent acquisition of North Carolina-based Vicious Cycle Software, the developer will be working on the PlayStation 2 and Wii consoles, as it had already done for ...
And finally! The PC version!

bread's done
Back