Wordpress hosting

seanw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
A search of this forum shows no one has asked this question in 2010, so: I've like to set up a Wordpress blog under my own hosting, and am looking for a cheapass deal. I'm aware of 1and1, GoDaddy and Dreamhost; what else is out there? My site will be a fairly standard Wordpress install, and I could probably get by on

[quote name='seanw']A search of this forum shows no one has asked this question in 2010, so: I've like to set up a Wordpress blog under my own hosting, and am looking for a cheapass deal. I'm aware of 1and1, GoDaddy and Dreamhost; what else is out there? My site will be a fairly standard Wordpress install, and I could probably get by on

[quote name='seanw']moop, are you using GoDaddy's built-in WP template, or did you build your own MySQL database?[/QUOTE]

I built my own and I'm completely stupid in this stuff. I bought the domain. Then bougth the hosting from them. I just downloaded Wordpress directly and setup the program.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']A Small Orange is the solution for you. I've used them in the past when I used to actively update my blog, and the service is good.[/QUOTE]

Now checking these guys out I may transfer my blog to them. Thanks for the heads up

edit;
though the database amount and bandwidth with godaddy is far superior even though my traffic is non-existent.

I have to say, Fury's link to asmallorange has me the most interested. $25 a year for 150 MB and 4.5GB bandwidth seems about right, at least for my first year.

bread's done
Back