Words of Wisdom~~New To CAG

SnorE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Whats up,

I just got a decent deal on a psp from ebay got the core system with a game and movie for $170...Pretty good deal but anyway I was just wondering if there is any must gets for the psp (games and accessories) and if there is like any instant messanger type service you can download to it since it has internet access....but yeah I was just sayin I finally got a psp....Now I just have to wait to get it.....Later

Depends on what you like. If you like strategy games and Metal Gear, pick up one of the Metal Gear Acid Games. If you like sneaky type games, get Syphon Filter (I liked it more than Splinter Cell Chaos Theory).

Tons of other great games too.

Two of my fav PSP games are Lumines and Hot Shots Golf Open Tee. I would recommend some sort of screen protector (I've read the Hori ones are the best). It's really hard to recommend any "must haves" b/c it depends on what types of games you like.

If you get one of the screen protectors, get one of those Invisible Shieds. Thing works great for me.

for strategy games, I'd get Worms: Open Warfare. Great port of the Worms 2D games, but it doesn't have all the weapons that Armageddon does.

For accessories, get Intecs Ultimate Essentials. You can get it at Best Buy for under $20 and it had all sorts of stuff like PSP case, charger, car adapter, hand grips, etc.

Oh also another cool "toy" to get is the PSP camera. :)

Other good games worth getting are Tekken, Exit, WTF, Burnout, Mega Man Powered up to name a few.

You should get a Logitech Playgear Pocket as your case, then get a Hori or another type of screen protector

As for games, if you like shooters then get Metal Gear solid: PO, Killzone, Syphon filter, or Socom FTB 2. Those games are very good

Thanks for all the info and suggestions...I just cant wait for the damn thing to come already...hopefully i will get it by fri or sat

I would also highly suggest Burnout Legends. I'm not much of a racing fan, but that game is DAMN fun and gives loads of playtime; well worth the $20 IMO.

Here is a list I made from the Top 10 PSP games thread. It may be missing some, but it's a start.

Each * represents someone putting the game in their top 10:

Mega Man Powered Up *******
Daxter *******
WipEout Pure ******

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X *****
Lumines *****
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror *****
Metal Gear Acid 2 ****
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse ****
Ridge Racer ****
Field Commander ****
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee ***
Burnout Legends ***

Tales of Eternia EUR ***
Twisted Metal: Head On ***
Darkstalkers Chronicle ***
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City **
Virtua Tennis: World Tour **
PoPoLoCrois **
Monster Hunter Freedom **
Gradius Collection **
Legend of Heroes **
Metal Gear Acid **
Smackdown! Vs RAW 2006 **
Street Fighter Alpha 3 **
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth **

The ones in Purple I particularly like. :)

[quote name='hotwls13']Here is a list I made from the Top 10 PSP games thread. It may be missing some, but it's a start.

Each * represents someone putting the game in their top 10:

Mega Man Powered Up *******
Daxter *******
WipEout Pure ******

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X *****
Lumines *****
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror *****
Metal Gear Acid 2 ****
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse ****
Ridge Racer ****
Field Commander ****
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee ***
Burnout Legends ***

Tales of Eternia EUR ***
Twisted Metal: Head On ***
Darkstalkers Chronicle ***
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City **
Virtua Tennis: World Tour **
PoPoLoCrois **
Monster Hunter Freedom **
Gradius Collection **
Legend of Heroes **
Metal Gear Acid **
Smackdown! Vs RAW 2006 **
Street Fighter Alpha 3 **
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth **

The ones in Purple I particularly like. :)[/quote]
Wow, that's a great list hotwls, good job on the compiliation; I would think this would definately help this new CAG out.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Wow, that's a great list hotwls, good job on the compiliation; I would think this would definately help this new CAG out.[/QUOTE]

It helped me. I was a PSP Newb a few months ago, now I have all of the ones on that list except for 8 of them. Plus I have a bunch more. I've only played like 10 of my PSP games, the rest are waiting til I get done with these. I figure i have like 2-3yrs worth of PSP games already. All these great sales/clearances I just can't help myself.

everyone thankz for all the info...i finally got my psp today and its got version 2.6 on it is that good or should i update or what...

you should always downgrade ;)

unless you don't care about using Homebrew or anything, or don't mind paying for games then upgrade

[quote name='SnorE']everyone thankz for all the info...i finally got my psp today and its got version 2.6 on it is that good or should i update or what...[/QUOTE]

Just be careful if you upgrade. If you go too far, it may be a while or forever before you can downgrade. Downgrading to 1.5 opens up a whole new world. Also, depending on the motherboard you have, you may be incapable of downgrading. Check out www.psp-hacks.com for all the info.

bread's done
Back