WORKS ON ENGLISH WIN XP: Raiden III for PC: $11.99 at YesAsia.com

intelligentidiot

CAGiversary!
I just placed an order for this from YesAsia.com. I've never ordered from them before, so hopefully everything goes well. This is for those who don't want to wait for it to be released on the PS2 in the U.S., which is starting to look skeptical to me.

If you make an order of $25 or more, you can get free budget shipping, which looks to take 9 business days at most. My expected delivery is Sept. 11, so there will probably be a bit of wait.

Raiden III

Did you check if you met the requirements? :lol:

c1004479065.png

[quote name='Kayden']Did you check if you met the requirements? :lol:

c1004479065.png
[/QUOTE]

I found the site of the publisher and it showed screenshots of the menus and such in English. I don't see why it wouldn't work on my computer. If anything I would probably just need to change the language setting for Windows. Just by looking at that image, you can tell what the requirements are with OS, amount of memory, videocard, resolution, CPU speed, what version of DirectX you need and whatever else.

I'm assuming you're just making fun though. :roll:

Here's a link to the publisher's site: Soft World

Here's a translation using Babelfish of the contents of the publisher's site:

Thunder and lightning III Product range: Thunder and lightning III (RAIDEN III) system demand: CPU: Above P4-1.7GHz or if 100% accommodating machine kind of work system: Windows 2,000/XP hard disk space: Above 500MB memory body: 512MB (Windows2000 needs above 256MB) the indicator: 64MB Ram supports DirectX the 9.0c indicator sound effect card: Supports DirectX 9.0c sound effect card analysis: 800*600*16bit disc machine: 4 time of fast discs machine operations: Keyboard/mouse/rocking bar edition □function □use: English version/leisure software * Product category: PC English version * game type: The movement fire * goes on the market the date: 2,006/08 * products selling prices: 1CD, NT299 Yuan * manufacture development: MOSS * domestic release: Wisdom crown science and technology limited liability company * official website: Http://raiden.mossjp.co.jp/pc * animation downloading: Http://raiden.mossjp.co.jp/pc/images/pc_demo.zip * Purchases immediately................................................. The game introduces.................................................. "Thunder and lightning" is TAITO the large-scale computer game which promoted to 1990 new years straight fires at the game to the reel air fight, after promoted receives extremely plays family's affection, but became widely plays a section fire classical work which the family knew very well. Newest strongly makes "Thunder and lightning III", promotes the PS2 edition after 2005, "Thunder and lightning III" the PC version, soon summer vacation comprehensively goes on the market in 2006. Deeply loves this section fire game to play the family, you may not miss. "Thunder and lightning III" uses the 3D cartography way constitutes the game picture, the affiliation by the new generation of PC accommodating large-scale computer game foundation plate "TAITO Type X" 3D graph processing, presents a more vivid scene and the role, as well as all previous dynasties "Thunder and lightning" was calling gorgeous special effect. Besides retention large-scale computer game warm-blooded fire, also retained the PS2 version home use 原創 essential factor. Forms of defensive action different various types weapon in "Thunder and lightning III", so long as uses the simple button, can hold controls the organism to shuttle back and forth in the multitudinous bullet, and performs to counter-attack. In the game may use the primary armament includes: The broad scope attack "the fire god machine gun", the simple point firepower centralism "the laser", wilfully the curving strafe "the proton laser" three kinds, meanwhile can choose "the nucleon guided missile" "the guided missile" "the radar guided missile" three vice- weapons, takes advantage of this achieved complements one another the effect, can □smoothly defeat the enemy in the crisis-ridden checkpoint, also safe and sound survives finally. Brand-new scores points the percentage system In the game inducted has been possible to let the fight change even more stimulates the interesting design, "scored points the percentage system" (Flash Shot System), strengthened "the attack is the best defense" the idea. Plays the family so long as plays several, memorizes each enemy in the position, beforehand moves and rapidly shoots down the match, can obtain the general two time of high scores. Depends on this new design, will play the family to be possible in the flash the integral anabatic wind high under, will take advantage of this one is higher with the friend, who will have a look to be able to attain most integrals! The PC version new essential factor besides the retention large-scale computer game characteristic, "Thunder and lightning III" the PC version also supplements the new essential factor, if lets play the family freely to practice various checkpoints, and discovers obtains the high score method "the high score pattern", perhaps only has the chieftain to be taken to the threshing ground, challenge infinite chieftain hell "chieftain pattern"; Perhaps reads the CG organism with 原畫 "the material and the decorated corridor pattern" and so on, meanwhile increased has been possible straight to transfer the crosswise fire the pattern, let play the game way which the family could 夠 choose oneself is familiar with. "Thunder and lightning III" waits for you to challenge! Wisdom crown science and technology limited liability company Soft-World International corporation The suggestion uses above IE6.0 the browser and uses "1024*768" all rights reserved firefly curtain specification □2,000 wisdom crowns science and technology www.soft-world.com. The reprint content please contacts with us! In front of Gaoxiong 鎮區 expands road 1-16 13 buildings TEL: (07) 815-0988. consumers serve the special line: 0.800741009 billion FAX: (07) 815-1992

It seems to suggest that this is basically the japanese release, but released domestically in China/Taiwan or something to that effect.

holyshit, is this the one with like 40 ships, plus secret "mini size" ships and one of them is a faerie? I loved this game to hell back in the arcade days.

The game is in chinese, so im all good. thanks OP.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']holyshit, is this the one with like 40 ships, plus secret "mini size" ships and one of them is a faerie? I loved this game to hell back in the arcade days.

The game is in chinese, so im all good. thanks OP.[/quote]

No, the game you're thinking of is Raiden Fighters 1 or 2. Much better than the ones that were actually ported to the home market.

damn...yea it was Fighters 2...I guess the only way to play it again is to buy a arcade huh...maybe when I'm rich and famous.

That, or emulate it on my PSP >_>

Well, I can actually translate this for you guys :)

Windows 2000/XP Home/Professional (Chinese Traditional only)
CPU: Pentium4 1.7GHz or higher
Harddisk: 500MB minimum
RAM: 512MB or higher (Windows 2000 256MB or higher)
CD-Rom: 4x or faster
Video card: DirectX 9.0c with 64MB RAM, with hardware T&L support
(nVidia GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9000 or later)
Audio: supports DirectX 9.0c
Resolution: 800x600 with 16bit color or above
Control: keyboard, mouse, controller

So bad news is, may not work on English Windows. The good news is, it's only $11.99 I have Chinese Traditional Windows XP at home, but it's installed on my Celeron machine.

[quote name='Garfield']Well, I can actually translate this for you guys :)

Windows 2000/XP Home/Professional (Chinese Traditional only)
CPU: Pentium4 1.7GHz or higher
Harddisk: 500MB minimum
RAM: 512MB or higher (Windows 2000 256MB or higher)
CD-Rom: 4x or faster
Video card: DirectX 9.0c with 64MB RAM, with hardware T&L support
(nVidia GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9000 or later)
Audio: supports DirectX 9.0c
Resolution: 800x600 with 16bit color or above
Control: keyboard, mouse, controller

So bad news is, may not work on English Windows. The good news is, it's only $11.99 I have Chinese Traditional Windows XP at home, but it's installed on my Celeron machine.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I hope there's some way around that "Chinese Traditional only" requirement. I hope it's as easy enough to just change the regional/language settings within Windows as I've read that has been used for Japanese PC games. If not, it's only $12.

EDIT: The following link has information on how to add Chinese language to Windows XP. It seems hopeful.

CJK-support for Windows XP

I just got Raiden III in the mail and it works perfectly in my computer. I'm running Windows XP Pro and I had no problems installing or playing. The install and the game is in English, but the manual and box are in Chinese. Before playing, make sure you have 32-bit color for your display, otherwise you'll get an error.

Here's a screenshot and a picture of the box and manual.

2afe9t5.jpg

2utg4th.jpg

Got mine in today and it is super sweet! Shooter fans should definitely check this out (especially since the status of the PS2 version is unknown now). It is well worth the $15. You can also get it from thier ebay store if you don't want to order if from the regular website.

bread's done
Back