World at War vs. Modern Warfare

shorj998

CAGiversary!
I'm finally getting a PS3 this Christmas, and I'm a huge FPS fan. I know it comes down to opinion, but which game is better? Thanks.

I would actually get COD4: Modern Warfare. Reasons being that the story is different (than WWII campaigns) and is very enticing. In addition, it has one of the most devote online fan base so there will be no shortness of online matches, which is a plus as the PS3 has great online play.

Hope that helped

Comes down to which gunset you like. Enjoy modern black rifles with their polymers, high tech sights, and lots of automatic weapons? Go with CoD4.

Like more vintage Bolt action, semi automatic, and slower firing/smaller magazine WW2 weaponry? Go with WaW.

Oh, and WaW has tanks in some MP levels, changes things a lot. Plus a lot of other little changes.

IMO, choose which gun era you like more.

Call of Duty 2.

I liked CoD4, but my main problem with CoD5 was they dropped all the nuance and pacing of CoD2's handling of WW2 for just another clone of CoD4.

cod5. i prefer the ww2 setting and guns over the modern day stuff. if i wanted to use an m4a1 i'd play counter-strike

I really liked Call of Duty 4 because it did something different from the rest of the pack. It seems like everything is set in World War II or some dark future where supernatural occurances happen at every turn.

COD4 is better IMO. i've only played about 3-4 hours of COD5, but i don't like a handful of things about it. the WWII era guns just don't do it for me, and the addition of vehicles takes away from the game a little bit. like someone else said above, it all depends on whether you prefer the WWII era guns, or the modern era guns. so far the SP and MP were better in COD4, but like i said, i've only played it for a short time, so it might just take a little getting used to in the MP.

Both.

As for the person who said that CoD4 has a dedicated fanbase: I tried to play CoD4 online about a month or so ago (before WaW's release) and it took awhile to get a full game going.

On 360, CoD4 is alive and kicking. On PS3, not so much

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']You playing at foreign times?[/quote]

Foreign to who? If I recall correctly, it was around 5-7 PM EST

CoD 4. Though to be fair and honest I only played the multiplayer beta of World at War. I'm just not big on the WWII setting and weapons. And reviews, and especially impressions here, weren't glowing of the single player so I decided to most likely skip it.

Do you like WW2 guns or Modern guns? That will probably be the deciding factor for you.

COD:WW has a cooler dog pack attack versus the lame helicopter. That's about it for me.

Modern Warfare has better multiplayer, but I was really frustrated with the single player.

World at War has dull multiplayer, but the single player I thought was a bit better than Modern Warfare.

I've only played the CoD5 Multiplayer Beta, but from what I saw I wasn't too impressed. And I've put a ton of time into CoD4, The weapon sets are less frustrating.

agreed - cod4 is better simply because the multiplayer is a lot more balanced and well done. cod5 tries to copy the template, but some maps are far too huge, weapon balances are bad in cod5 (sight unlocks at 75 kills instead of 25 in cod4 and starting weapons suck), and the addition of horribly designed tanks make cod5 multiplayer not as fun to play as cod4. and that's on top of the antiquated ww2 weapons that have 8 round clips as opposed to 30+ round clips in cod4. you're almost stuck reloading as often as you are shooting!

[quote name='espionage']agreed - cod4 is better simply because the multiplayer is a lot more balanced and well done. cod5 tries to copy the template, but some maps are far too huge, weapon balances are bad in cod5 (sight unlocks at 75 kills instead of 25 in cod4 and starting weapons suck), and the addition of horribly designed tanks make cod5 multiplayer not as fun to play as cod4. and that's on top of the antiquated ww2 weapons that have 8 round clips as opposed to 30+ round clips in cod4. you're almost stuck reloading as often as you are shooting![/QUOTE]

I like the smaller clips. This way no one can really "spray and pray" like people do in COD4 with the P90. No skill needed at all to be good with that gun.

bread's done
Back