World Of Goo PC for $6.99!

been playing it off shockwave since early june.. okay game for the first few days now its just boring... Glad you dont have to pay for any of these games on shockwave .... so far of the 70+ games i downloaded only plants vs zombies was worth the cash if i ever paid for it.. (shockwave is sort of like gamefly for your pc) you rent the games you never own them

"Every Game, Every Day $6.99", but I guess maybe World of Goo is new to them. Still, this thread has become our default thread for Big Fish deals, even though it started as a free game thread, and is still named as such.

World of Goo is an amazing game, easily worth $7. Every level builds in a new mechanic or twist on a simple initial premise, so it keeps you playing just to see whats in the next level.

[quote name='carn311']You have to sign up for a plan? Too much hassle.

This isnt a sale right? The game will stay at $7 permanently?[/QUOTE]

bigfishgames are 6.99 BUT they make you join a club where if you do not cancel you will be billed 6.99 per month for 1 game credit..

1... go in buy game
2. Cancel your club membership as soon as you buy the game
3... nothing to worry about...

but you need to cancel or they will rebill you every 30 days for a token (free game)

6.99 is an everyday price *until they decide to change their price plan again *

[quote name='carn311']You have to sign up for a plan? Too much hassle.

This isnt a sale right? The game will stay at $7 permanently?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't classify it as a "deal". You're signing up for the Big Fish Games Club. Now that's not a bad idea entirely, but it's not exactly as advertised by the OP from what I saw. You can "cancel at any time".

"Big Fish Game Club™
saves you money on games.

Only $6.99 per month, and includes 1 game of your choice.
There's no commitment — you can easily cancel online at any time!

* Receive a game credit each month, good for any game on our site
* Buy as many additional credits as you want; they never expire
* Access premium Customer Support
* Get early access to new games
* Earn special rewards and gifts for members only!
"

Last edited by a moderator:
May buy another copy. Got preorder from 2D Boy. Got on Steam. Now on BigFish. Yes, it's that good - I feel like giving 2DBoy more money.

[quote name='carn311']What else on the site is worth while? The only other game I've seen before is Plants vs Zombies.[/QUOTE]

of the 80 games i downloaded off shock the only games i would say is worth the cash

puzzle quest...
Plants vs zombies
Fix it up (fun game but short)
Dinnertown tycoon (AGAIN VERY SHORT 4 hour game)
Wine maker something (dont know if BFG offer is but been loving it on shock since it came out thursday)

Avyond 3 is worth it (one of the few games i paid $ for off bigfishgames

[quote name='slidecage']of the 80 games i downloaded off shock the only games i would say is worth the cash

puzzle quest...
Plants vs zombies
Fix it up (fun game but short)
Dinnertown tycoon (AGAIN VERY SHORT 4 hour game)
Wine maker something (dont know if BFG offer is but been loving it on shock since it came out thursday)

Avyond 3 is worth it (one of the few games i paid $ for off bigfishgames[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll check those out. I didnt even know they had puzzle quest.

[quote name='Otty Ott']You can now get World Of Goo for $6.99 for PC at Big Fish Games as of today.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5692/world-of-goo/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]

if i wanted to buy 6 do they have promo codes ?

I posted this info separate from the Big Fish thread because there are a lot of people interested in World Of Goo that would never even dream of looking in the Big Fish thread.

If everything that has to do with Big Fish has to go in one thread for people to dig through pages and pages of posts, then all Amazon offers should be in one thread, etc etc. Most stores have multiple threads so people can see info on specific games they are interested in.

I feel the same way about the iPhone thread. The iPhone/iPod Touch is an emerging platform all its own. To bury all deals for this platform in one thread is tedious. No one would dream of posting all PS3 deals in one thread.

Thanks, Otty, I agree with you.

This is a great game! So glad I picked it up! For $6.99 it is a total no-brainer...

[quote name='Paullywog']buy this, people, it was worth 20.[/QUOTE]

It was also worth more than the $15 I paid on Steam back in January!!!

I know I am glad I picked it up. Never did get it for my Wii... didn't want to spend $15 for it despite the reviews. But now at $6.99... I hope Big Fish keeps getting more games for gamers like this and Puzzle Quest...

Well, they do have lots of point and click adventures, like Syberia series. They also have RPGs like Avernum and the Aveyond games. I picked up the latest, Aveyond: Lord Of Twilight and think it is pretty good so far for a jrpg-style game.

And of course, don't miss Plants Vs. Aliens! they have other tower defense games, too, like Master Of Defense.

And I loved the Tradewinds series. Tradewinds Odyssey just came out.

Plants Vs. Zombies is really fun. A kind of variation on Tower Defense. PopCap always seems to put together something different yet fun. A couple of PopCap games that I really like that never got much attention are Hammerheads Deluxe and Talismania. I think they have been dropped from Big Fish's catalog. You can try them out at PopCap'ssite or at Reflexive.com. Reflexive is charging $9.95 now for Talismania, but is still at $19.95 for Hammer Heads, which is a real shame. It's great fun, but not for $20.

Actually, they aren't listed on Big Fish's site, but they are still there:

Hammer Heads Deluxe:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1019/hammerheads/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Talismania Deluxe:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1140/talismania/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

And a couple more PopCap favorites that are no longer listed:

Feeding Frenzy 2:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/931/feedingfrenzy2ship/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Venice Deluxe:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1704/venice-deluxe/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

And for some reason, Chuzzle Deluxe is completely gone. It is my favorite PopCap game of all... but the Christmas Version is still there:

Chuzzle Christmas Edition:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloa...istmas-edition/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

$6.99 for each of these PopCap games. I checked PopCap's own site and they still sell all of these for $19.95 each. Too much...

I forgot all about some of those. Chuzzle is awesome... and I always loved Feeding Frenzy, too...

Anyone know if big Fish is getting Puzzle Quest: Galactrix? I'd love to get that for $6.99.

Galactrix will probably be awhile. Too new to get dropped to $6.99 this quickly is my guess, but I will be sure to post when it does get listed on Big Fish...

Pretty sad.... World Of Goo is sitting at #40 on the Big Fish sales charts, it's best ranking so far...and Plants Vs.Zombies has dropped to #52...all while crap like Wedding Dash 3: Ready, Aim, Love! debuts in the top ten...

Doesn't bode too well for games for gamers at the site...

This just in from Gamezebo....

Big Fish Games has been down all morning due to a fire that broke out at Fisher Plaza, the largest data center in Seattle. Posting on GameBoomers.com, Big Fish Games Founder Paul Thelen said that power was out to the whole building and urged fans to be patient.

"The building is under several feet of water and they will not tell us when it will restore power," Thelen said. "We are in process of transferring all our data to our backup datacenter, but that is a 12 to 18 hour process as we have thousands of servers and massive databases of info to transfer.

"Fisher plaza is the hosting facility for hundreds of companies, so this is a major Internet disruption."

We'll keep you posted on any new developments.

Okay, they are finally back online after a whole day being down.

I noticed other sites down yesterday, too, due to the same fire. Like Popcap's Bejeweled Blitz was down on Facebook yesterday, too. Hopefully everyone is back up and running today.

This is all kind of weird. You'd think these big sites would have better backup systemsto get back upand running. A whole day?

Fire At Fisher Plaza Knocks Out Web Sites, Disrupts Stations

Posted: 9:02 am PDT July 3, 2009Updated: 1:00 pm PDT July 3, 2009
SEATTLE -- A fire at Fisher Plaza has disrupted stations that broadcast from the building near the Seattle Center and cut service to many Seattle-based Internet sites.Seattle City Light told KIRO that a giant electrical hub in the parking garage beneath the building shorted out Thursday night, starting a small fire at 11 p.m.The fire forced the evacuation of the building and caused the sprinkler system to activate. Though the fire was put out, water from the sprinkler system flooded the generator room, which left the building without power or backup electricity.Fisher Plaza's data center, considered a state-of-the-art hub for computer servers, is down, resulting in a massive, costly online disruption that took hundreds of Internet companies offline.James Lapic with Singlepoint leases servers inside Fisher Plaza. He said all their data and ability to do business, is in jeopardy.In addition, Authorize.net, a company that handles credit card transactions for tens of thousands of e-commerce vendors, is one of the sites that was knocked offline.Silicon Valley technology expert Rob Enderle said companies that use Authorize.net could potentially be losing millions of dollars a minute.Other Web sites are losing millions in ad revenue and companies that store data at Fisher plaza could lose irretrievable information for its customers.Authorize.net reported on its Twitter page at 11 a.m. that global processing had been restored.KOMO Radio is broadcasting Friday from a building at its transmitter on Queen Anne hill in Seattle, and KOMO TV broadcasted morning segments from a truck in Kerry Park. Crews from several companies continue to work to get the building back on line, officials said.Rob Dunlop, vice president of operations for Fisher Communications Inc., said he hopes stations can resume operations in the building later Friday and there is no word on what caused the fire.

little off topic but if you like

Plants vs zombies try to find

Garden defence

EDIT

guess its more like NINJATOWN on the DS then P VS Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninjatown was AWESOME!

I wonder why there aren't more good Tower Defense games around...not counting iPhone...that platform is drowning in them! At least a lot of them are good... like The Creeps, GeoDefense, 7 Cities etc...

World Of Goo should really be ported to iPhone, too. Tiki Towers is there and is pretty playable, but World Of Goo would be so much better. And it would be the cheapest yet if it is priced in line with other iPhone games! I got Tiki Towers for 99 cents...

If I buy one more Tower Defense game on my iPod Touch I am going to scream....after awhile they are all the same....

Have they ever dropped a price for a WiiWare game? They really need to. Especially for the ones that have been out a year...

I know they have changed prices on WiiWare between regions if something wasn't selling well...but I don't know of any changes in a region once a game is launched. Goo will probably be $15 forever on Wiiware...

World of Goo is sitting at #46. It peaked at #35. Meanwhile Jessica's Cupcake Cafe made it to #8! Oh this is a sad day....

bread's done
Back